Super Role Madness Cinematic Mafia: Into the DC Verse

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

means, dayum

i mean this could always be triggered by town ability being used or sth but if that's the case, then i'd say it looks bad on one of you, possibly ratchet since well, you're explaining it at least
Why would it look bad? Why couldn't it just be "steal the first town assist ability used" or something?

Ratchet

Why would it look bad? Why couldn't it just be "steal the first town assist ability used" or something?
I don't really understand why this isn't the default assumption either. An ability that copies upon being targeted, while possible, is far less likely and niche than an ability that just takes the first ability used. Might be more specific but that could also just be "target a player, and steal the first assist they use and gain control of their ability" or whatever. Absolutely no reason to be pushing this as hard mech when it's er, not.

Ratchet

I would also argue that an ability of Darkseid's that outs Darkseid to the player that used it makes... very little sense. Because it would be an ability that Darkseid had and used knowing that it's going to out them lol.

How did this theory even get off the ground lol

nah, him targetting someone earlier makes more sense, they stole entire role

I would also argue that an ability of Darkseid's that outs Darkseid to the player that used it makes... very little sense. Because it would be an ability that Darkseid had and used knowing that it's going to out them lol.

How did this theory even get off the ground lol
well technically we can't claim so this would just be one person tunneling someone, unable to explain why, with no abilities to use against them

Ratchet

nah, him targetting someone earlier makes more sense, they stole entire role
That doesn't actually answer my hypothetical. Why is "copy and steal the first ability that targets you" assumed before "copy and steal the first town ability used". When the latter is far more typical for these games.
well technically we can't claim so this would just be one person tunneling someone, unable to explain why, with no abilities to use against them
Ah, this doesn't really hold up though, because even if you can't claim, it's still a Darkseid ability that essentially gives his identity away to another town player. There isn't really room to argue that, it would be a massive demerit for a relatively weak, by the standards of SRM, role ability.

That doesn't actually answer my hypothetical. Why is "copy and steal the first ability that targets you" assumed before "copy and steal the first town ability used". When the latter is far more typical for these games.
because it's op af and while you can't be sure you will be targetted and you could technically waste that ability, you can be sure than any town will use ability

Ah, this doesn't really hold up though, because even if you can't claim, it's still a Darkseid ability that essentially gives his identity away to another town player. There isn't really room to argue that, it would be a massive demerit for a relatively weak, by the standards of SRM, role ability.
well yeah, this is kind of too good to be true situation

Ratchet

because it's op af and while you can't be sure you will be targetted and you could technically waste that ability, you can be sure than any town will use ability
This is not an answer. It doesn't address my question at all. I'm not asking for the motivation, or the possible value, of any of these abilities. I'm asking why, as a default assumption, was the ability working upon visit assumed before... anything else of the myriad other explanations that exist. If your argument is that the first town ability used is too powerful, I would counter by saying it's not really given that you would have no idea what you're stopping, and that there is a lot of precedent to draw upon for abilities working this way in these games.
well yeah, this is kind of too good to be true situation
So my follow up is, why did this theory gain any traction when it's based on a premise that by your own admission, is too good to be true?

Emil

Certified Memelord
i think darkseid directly targeted flower possibly if shes indeed flash. if darkseid's ability just takes control of the next town action it'd have taken control of batman or manhunter's action

anyway is flower getting modkilled now for blatantly hinting this or how did we know she's flash? there shud be no tolerance policy for this