Questions & Mysteries Will Loki really be a villain?

Will Loki be a villain?

• Total voters
I'm betting Loki will end up as a ally. He's smiling! That's a thing D-Clan members do! He's probably a alright guy!

...Mind you, Doflamingo smiled all the time, too. And he was a monster. So, that's not a totally consistent thing.

But...as weird as it is to say..."ending the world" is probably actually a good thing. From a certain point of view. I wouldn't be surprised if the World DOES end up getting broken and cracked literally, in order to do something about the flooding (and other possible problems).

But, Loki's just too obviously a candidate to be a villain to be the actual villain. Oda loves twists. Oda's going to want to give us a twist on the story of Loki. Although, I'll admit, Loki's VERY different from what I imagined from what little we knew about him trying to woo Lola.

And Luffy meeting Loki while he's all chained up kind of parallels how Luffy first met Zoro. That might be on purpose. We'll see.

Last edited:
He could have been mislead or like Morgans saying Luffy and co killed VP, he could have been framed after someone fed him that fruit somewhat like Trebol and Dofla.
He became bad after all the giants took arms against him and that rage is forcing him to bring about the Ragnarok.

Like Teech, he could be a D. Antagonist.

This, it doesn´t make sense for Loki to be a ally.
Never in 25 years Oda introducte us a crazy MF in the beginning of the arc and made him a ally.
Someone like that strong wont joint the strawhats side.
I don’t feel confident predicting on the other side from you, but, zoro, robin and franky to name a couple weren’t far off. Rumors surrounding them also made them sound evil. Kuma is the most extreme example of this. Noland’s rumors didn’t make him sound evil, but they did twist the truth substantially.

We also know that crocodile, doflamingo and kaido dragged the reputations of the rulers they were trying to overthrow through the mud. Loki isn’t in a position of power here, he lost. That increases the likelihood dramatically of someone else controlling the narrative.

Which is the other issue here. The guy is already chained up…why does he need to be defeated again?

It’s unusual for the big bad to be introduced right out the gate, and for luffy to be reacting the way he is. If Loki were truly the type of person that killed his father for a df, I’d expect more disgust. Luffy smiles while fighting strong people, but he’s usually got an exceptional gauge of character.

I don’t know how this fits with who the arc villain is, what the fights are going to be, etc, but Loki feels like a bait and switch. At worst he’ll be like the mcu character, more naughty than evil.

Honestly that’s what I thought we all assumed Kizaru would be bad guy in previous arc turns out Gorosei appeared nowhere .

It took entire nation of Elbaf to hold Loki . He seems good fit for the arc but I suspect outside players will be more involve in this arc .

If Holy knights and Garling appear they will easily be this arc’s villain .

I’d put 50/50 on Loki to be final villain , Oda loves giving badass design to arc villain like we got for Gorosei .
Post automatically merged:

What is the reason for Elbaf arc?
Keeping Egghead events aside, this is Elbaf which is supposed to be MAJOR big arc. But strangely it doesn't have any legit link to Luffy's goal to become PK.
No Yonko here, or some huge deterrent that block Luffy's goal. Maybe Last Poneglyph lore is related to Elbaf??

But now we talking about who's the villain in this arc?? what villain would be relevant for the plot if he doesn't have final Poneglyph or something related to that.
Just a bad dude terrorizing the country and need to be beaten?? What good would Luffy and co gain from that? Loki has be an ally at most, for that he would also need to see Luffy as worthy to follow him and many events might happened for that.

The theme of Elbaf, the strongest nation with it's pride warriors who' main objective is to go for a War. This mostly sounds like Elbaf arc happened to build up Luffy's biggest alliance for the future Final War. Ofc it's a headcanon statements until then....
I think you are right if Luffy defeats Loki , Elbaf will ally with him that means he will have strongest power backing him against WG .

This is build up to final war , I think this arc could still have potential outside players like Holy knights and Admirals appearing in this arc .

Last edited:
@Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @Paperchampion23 I think you guys reading too much into this "take whole Elbaf to chain Loki up"

See the Elbaf warriors, the unnamed warriors with Franky, Goldberg and Gerd, they are healthy without visible scars. See the background scenery, the tree, the forest, the bridge, they look beautiful and peaceful, doesn't seem like former battlefield.

It is really different than atmosphere of Zou post Jack's invasion. Or scenery of Punk Hazard post Akainu and Aokiji duel.
So it is not like "whole Elbaf captured Loki with extreme diff battle", it is more like Elbaf warriors mid diffed him. Not even sure if it is "the whole Elbaf" or just some warriors.

Whole "Elbaf captured Loki" doesn't sound a good start for Loki neither. Imagine without the Straw Hats' arrival:
Even if all of Dressrosa citizens united, could they defeat Doflamingo?
Even if all of Wano samurais (without Oden) united, could they defeat Kaido?
Even if all of Water 7 united, could they defeat Lucci?
Even if all of Alabasta united, could they defeat Crocodile?
The answer is no.

The one villain that could get taken out if all citizens united is Hody Jones.

unless foreigners invade Elbaf.
that’s what Oda will go for

We’re nearing the EoS and it makes no sense for Oda to throw in a new character as the main villain of a major arc.

Either it will be Blackbeard, who will attack elbaf after getting pluton and Shirahoshi(who he could control via lafitte’s hypnosis)

Or it will be the marines

Both would be strong enough to warrant Luffy having multiple top tier allies this arc.

Say the marines are the villains of this arc. You could in theory have:
  • Akainu
  • Kizaru
  • Fujitora
  • GB
  • Kong
  • Sengoku
That is up to 6 top tiers. Not saying all of them will show up, but that’s how much we could get.

As opposed to Luffy’s side:
  • Luffy
  • Loki
  • Gaban?
  • Kid?
  • Law?
  • Zoro & Sanji?
It would definitely be a high stakes fight

Last edited:
I said it before & i will say it again,
When Elbaph was first shown this Saga, Oda recreated the Bar Scene from Chapter 1

It's clear to me that Elbaph Arc is Mega Version of Dawn Island Flashback,
Instead of Ace, Luffy, Sabo, We have Three Princes (Loki, Hajrudin & Someone else)

Loki identifying as Sun God & having a DF makes him Luffy of Elbaph,
Actually, Luffy was also Tied up to a Tree in his Flashback

Not just that, but Luffy alongside Ace ended up being the ones who Unleashed the Fire on Dawn Island,
Which matches with what Loki just said, He is gonna Start such Disaster indeed, and both Ragnarok & Yggdrasil being caught on Fire hints that it's indeed a Conflagration

In other words, this Arc's Villain wants to do a Great Cleansing of everything outside Elbaph Kingdom, so Loki might have to be stopped but He isn't this Arc's Main Villain, it's instead an Outsider, someone who is Tasked to Clean The World

Dragon even Confirmed this back then, He said:
"This Nation (Goa Kingdom) is The Future of The World in Miniature"

Whole "Elbaf captured Loki" doesn't sound a good start for Loki neither. Imagine without the Straw Hats' arrival:
Even if all of Dressrosa citizens united, could they defeat Doflamingo?
Even if all of Wano samurais (without Oden) united, could they defeat Kaido?
Even if all of Water 7 united, could they defeat Lucci?
Even if all of Alabasta united, could they defeat Crocodile?
The answer is no.
All you point only make sense if we speak about no top tiers in Elbaf aside Loki.
And that seems not the case, Brogy and Dorry already worth 1.8B and are above the normal Standart Yonkou commander, they could even battle of against the five Gorosei.

Now imagine 1-2 people even stronger than Dorry and Brogy, that would mean two top tiers on Elbaf side.

To add lot of YC and Veteran.
Like 1000 Giants++....
Elbaf is different than Dressrosa, Wano and co.

This is the birthplace of War, the giants don't know anything else rather to fight.

Big Mom hyped the shit of Elbaf, the Navy did it.

Elbaf country is in fact confirmed to be above Big Mom Totland and also above Kaido's wano too.

Yes Kaido had a country under him too, the WG know he was the ruler of Wano with Orochi.

And even wano under Kaido rule was called to be weaker than Elbaf.

Wano had only one Top tier. It was Oden.
In total Oden and his Scabbards(bunch of YC and Veteran lvl dudes) and lot of Samurai.
If you take down Oden, wano is lost against any Yonkou.

That is not the case for Elbaf.
They have most likely 1-3 Top tiers alongside Dorry and Brogy.

One is Loki who got massive hype this chapter. Then you have the King is at least low top mid top tier and the strongest commander who is also a low top tier.

What happen if 4 top tiers(around lower to mid) gang on you? Kaido or Big Mom would also get clapped by it. In fact Big Mom lose to high high/low top tiers too, two Supernova if you can call it.

So if Big Mom can lose to two high high tier/low top tier, with a little help of bombs, Loki can't lose to entire Elbaf Nation with bunch of top tiers and high tiers??

Elbaf Nation without Loki>Any Yonkou crew
Elbaf Nation with Loki>>Any Yonkou crew.

Prepare yourself to get a massive L for underestimate Elbaf.

All you point only make sense if we speak about no top tiers in Elbaf aside Loki.
And that seems not the case, Brogy and Dorry already worth 1.8B and are above the normal Standart Yonkou commander, they could even battle of against the five Gorosei.

Now imagine 1-2 people even stronger than Dorry and Brogy, that would mean two top tiers on Elbaf side.

To add lot of YC and Veteran.
Like 1000 Giants++....
Elbaf is different than Dressrosa, Wano and co.

This is the birthplace of War, the giants don't know anything else rather to fight.

Big Mom hyped the shit of Elbaf, the Navy did it.

Elbaf country is in fact confirmed to be above Big Mom Totland and also above Kaido's wano too.

Yes Kaido had a country under him too, the WG know he was the ruler of Wano with Orochi.

And even wano under Kaido rule was called to be weaker than Elbaf.

Wano had only one Top tier. It was Oden.
In total Oden and his Scabbards(bunch of YC and Veteran lvl dudes) and lot of Samurai.
If you take down Oden, wano is lost against any Yonkou.

That is not the case for Elbaf.
They have most likely 1-3 Top tiers alongside Dorry and Brogy.

One is Loki who got massive hype this chapter. Then you have the King is at least low top mid top tier and the strongest commander who is also a low top tier.

What happen if 4 top tiers(around lower to mid) gang on you? Kaido or Big Mom would also get clapped by it. In fact Big Mom lose to high high/low top tiers too, two Supernova if you can call it.

So if Big Mom can lose to two high high tier/low top tier, with a little help of bombs, Loki can't lose to entire Elbaf Nation with bunch of top tiers and high tiers??

Elbaf Nation without Loki>Any Yonkou crew
Elbaf Nation with Loki>>Any Yonkou crew.

Prepare yourself to get a massive L for underestimate Elbaf.
Chill playa, nobody is underestimating Elbaf, I am up for Loki hype too

I might miss something, but when did Navy hype the shit out of Elbaf?
Don't remember it. If anything, Giants are portrayed to be kinda embarrassing so far, at least before we enter Elbaf arc.
There are giants who (iirc) forced to work at Navy and Government, like the one Oldbeard one shotted, and the one stationed at Ennies Lobby.
The ones in Ennies Lobby were also fodders anyway, they never portrayed as serious threat in the arc, nowhere near Lucci and Kaku level.
Then they are the ones sold as slave in Sabaody.
Then now we know Dressrosa Luffy one shotted Prince of Elbaf with simple G2.

If anything, Navy hyped Wano more than Elbaf, with Akainu being worried and stopped Kizaru from going to Wano.

Also lol at Elbaf without Loki > any Yonko crew? Who told you that? Sentinel?

P.s.
I don't think Dorry and Broggy were even involved in capturing Loki.

Let's be serious. Katakuri neg diffs Dorry and Broggy. Probably the rest of his crew too.
If they can't even escape from Galdino's wax, imagine what can they do against mochi trap.
Same mochi that buried Luffy under.

We don't even know how they have captured Loki. He can very well have been cheapshotted and chianed with seastone.

It's useless to argue about.

More so because Oda's intent was clearly to HYPE Loki for that; most certainly not for us to say "oh, it took only ALL the warriors of E(r)baf to capture him? Must be weak".
Look at the warriors, they are healthy without visible injuries
Look at the scenery, they are peaceful unlike the atmosphere of Zou after Jack invasion and Punk Hazard after admirals' duel

That imply there is no serious, extreme diff battle between the giants and Loki
Either Giants mid diff him, or maybe Loki surrenderred without going all out.

Let's be serious. Katakuri neg diffs Dorry and Broggy. Probably the rest of his crew too.
If they can't even escape from Galdino's wax, imagine what can they do against mochi trap.
Same mochi that buried Luffy under.

Look at the warriors, they are healthy without visible injuries
Look at the scenery, they are peaceful unlike the atmosphere of Zou after Jack invasion and Punk Hazard after admirals' duel

That imply there is no serious, extreme diff battle between the giants and Loki
Either Giants mid diff him, or maybe Loki surrenderred without going all out.
Probably years have passed since the first fight, months at leasts since Hajurdin said what he said in DR.

The giant already told us It will be all over if Loki manages to free himself.

Anyway, as I said Oda's intent was clearly to HYPE Loki for that; most certainly not for us to say "oh, it took only ALL the warriors of E(r)baf to capture him? Must be weak"