Questions & Mysteries Why are people so hellbent on awakening?

Not every fruit has awakening or can be awakened

ONLY SOME FRUITS CAN BE AWAKENED

And only few people can attain that level to awaken their fruits especially if you're a zoan, you gotta be in sync with your fruit spirit.

It's most likely that most top tiers don't have awakening because their fruits doesn't have anything else beyond : no awakened state.

I sincerely think logia is the fruit class with less awakenings due to the fact logia fruits are already broken, what more can they do beyond doing the most already?
Even Vegapunk said it's hard to clone the fruit. Yet people think this every logia fruit will have awakenings? Lol
While Zoan fruits are dangerous to awaken but the fruit class with more awakenings.
And paramecia fruits demands lots of skills to awaken. Half of paramecia fruits can be awakened while other half cannot be.

Kizaru doesn't have awakening, accept it and move on. Only Akainu might have awakening among Admirals or Fuji, too.
Kaido couldn't because the fruit spirit and his character don't match
Linlin may have used it or just that her fruit doesn't have awakening at all.
WB didn't have awakening
Teach may be the only Yonko beside Luffy with awakenings.

This is why only a few top tiers have awakening : Gorosei and Luffy, and suprisedly, they're all zoans.
Loki if he has a zoan fruit , he will also have awakening cause it's easier to awaken even though it's dangerous.

@RayanOO @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @TheAncientCenturion

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Not every fruit has awakening or can be awakened

ONLY SOME FRUITS CAN BE AWAKENED

And only few people can attain that level to awaken their fruits especially if you're a zoan, you gotta be in sync with your fruit spirit.

It's most likely that most top tiers don't have awakening because their fruits doesn't have anything else beyond : no awakened state.

I sincerely think logia is the fruit class with less awakenings due to the fact logia fruits are already broken, what more can they do beyond doing the most already?
Even Vegapunk said it's hard to clone the fruit. Yet people think this every logia fruit will have awakenings? Lol
While Zoan fruits are dangerous to awaken but the fruit class with more awakenings.
And paramecia fruits demands lots of skills to awaken. Half of paramecia fruits can be awakened while other half cannot be.

Kizaru doesn't have awakening, accept it and move on. Only Akainu might have awakening among Admirals or Fuji, too.
Kaido couldn't because the fruit spirit and his character don't match
Linlin may have used it or just that her fruit doesn't have awakening at all.
WB didn't have awakening
Teach may be the only Yonko beside Luffy with awakenings.

This is why only a few top tiers have awakening : Gorosei and Luffy, and suprisedly, they're all zoans.
Loki if he has a zoan fruit , he will also have awakening cause it's easier to awaken even though it's dangerous.

@RayanOO @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @TheAncientCenturion
I don’t think only some DF can have awakening

it was never stated anywhere, the way it was presented to us was all DF could be awakened

But yeah some users couldn’t / can’t awaken their DF because of lack of skills / lack of sync / because Oda didn’t want to

It’s never been said that not all fruits can awaken

We don’t know the requirements for logia awakening or whether or not kizaru has it. He didn’t go all out

As for zoan and paramecia awakenings specifically kaido and big mom I think they lowkey might’ve been too strong to awaken. Kaido never getting the chance to awaken due to not being able to did. Big mom being so strong and prepared as is she never felt the need to push herself to that point because she never had to
Made a whole thread about it that also includes oden and whitebeard

First up kaido and oden
Imo 20 years ago when they were both coincidentally 39 the 2 were equal with them mastering their abilities to the best of their abilities just right before being able to hit that next level. That being kaido lacking awakening his fruit and oden his blades. As for why they never fully achieved those feats I think it 100% has to do with them just being too strong

Both were limited by their own strength in their own ways. Imo death is the key to both zoan awakening and forging a black blade. Something kaido probably figured out too late and maybe something oden just never learned before dying. It could also have been the case he never felt pushed to do so with him being comfortable in his own strength

We know both fruits and strong enough weapons are capable of having their own personalities and finding users they themselves feel worthy of them. I think it’s through death that they can truly become one with the user if they happen to be fully worthy to embody their will

Like using a fruit doesn’t mean you’re going to master it or having a meito doesn’t mean you’re going to make it black but hey that doesn’t mean that can’t find people capable of using them until they find someone more capable eventually

Imo you need to die in order to achieve zoan awakening but if you’re not truly worthy the fruit either takes over your body or it just moves on to find a new host.
I think black blades involve giving yourself up to the blade aka straight up killing yourself. If worthy you become one with the blade and if not damn…. I also think you can give up less if yourself for lesser gains. That imo tying to zoro’s eyes and shusui

If both lived longer both would have been able to achieve their true potential. Tho tbh kaido might return awakened after his fight with luffy
:handsup:

While not exactly the same because death isn’t a requirement for paramecia awakenings whitebeard and big mom might have also been in a similar situation. Tho tbh more so big mom

With how unnaturally strong they are without their fruits they likely weren’t put in too many situations where they really had to push beyond themselves and their limits
Tho with all of whitebeard’s scars and battles he’s been through throughout the years I do think he had to be awakened. That being what pushed him ahead of characters like big mom, shiki, and kaido and onto Roger’s level

As for big mom nobody really wanted smoke with her and her giant ass crew + territories. Even roger the pirate king himself rather be a bit sneaky and steal a copy of her poneglyph than go through an all out war against her. Probably because it’d just be a pain in the ass lol. Remember even shiki and his fleet were a big deal so I can only imagine trying to invade tottoland being even more annoying

Unironically she might have been deadass to strong and prepared to the point ain’t nobody wanted to deal with fighting her. With her essentially stun locking herself for decades unable to really grow stronger herself. Instead just lowkey getting fat, old, and kinda lazy since she spent so many years just waiting to do shit
Even when she was given opportunities to basically fuck up the balance whether it was getting the giants on her side or germa tech she got fucked over lol

Point is her being too strong and prepared essentially isolating herself accidentally stunted her growth. So instead of getting personally stronger achieving awakening she just got fat and old waiting because their was no real incentive

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

" its very rare , but some powers can awaken "
For me its more that not anyone is capable of awakening his own power so its very rare rather than only some DF can be awakened

It would be quite weird and bad writing if only a pre selected list of DF could be awakened and the others not

I don't think its the message that was conveyed in this convo with Doffy

Last edited:
I don’t think only some DF can have awakening

it was never stated anywhere, the way it was presented to us was all DF could be awakened

But yeah some users couldn’t / can’t awaken their DF because of lack of skills / lack of sync / because Oda didn’t want to
Doffy said it "only some fruits can be awakened "
Post automatically merged:

For me its more that not anyone is capable of awakening his own power so its very rare rather than only some DF can be awakened

It would be quite weird and bad writing if only a pre selected list of DF could be awakened and the other not

I don't think its the message that was conveyed in this convo with Doffy
It's because some fruits can already do the max it can
What more do you expect logia fruits to do exactly

Logia already act like paramecia and zoans :
They can create a form, affect the surroundings and even others while they themselves are also the element

It is exactly because they're so powerful that they must have awakenings, otherwise it is simply enough to eat the fruit to attain godly powers. For that reason, it makes more sense for only a select few top tiers, through decades of experience, to attain logia awakening, unlocking the powers the strongest devil fruit type has to offer

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
What more do you expect logia fruits to do exactly
Do you think it's normal for PH to be like that now ?

The whole island had been transformed. Logia awakening likely turned the whole island into the elements of their weilders

Logia can become and produce their elements they cannot turn things into their elements. PH likely is the showing of Logia awakening
Doffy said it "only some fruits can be awakened "
That can be interpreted many ways and its not textbook = only some DF can be awakened and not the others"
I don't think an other trad is putting it that way and it wont be logic at all

Kaido & BM not being awakened is the biggest joke in the series. We're talking about 2 pirates among the strongest in the world and they had their DFs for decades.

At least make it make sense Oda.

Admirals/Akainu definitely need awakening if they don't have acoc.
Basic haki & a good df is not enough to be among the strongest in the world.

Maybe WB never awakened because he wasnt totally in sync with his DF. A DF to destroy the world but it was never WB intention or goal.

Maybe Xebec or BB would/will be able to awake that DF because of their burning everything down mentality
Whitebeard would destroy the world for his family. Being honorable is one thing, attaining power to protect your family is another.

I am of the opinion that every DF can be awakened. Awakenings would have made Kaido and BM too strong hence oda didn't gave them awakenings.

But I am fine if limited DFs can be awakened especially if logias don't have awakening :myman:

Some of the admirals probably have awakening. Fuji might not have it coz he only just acquired his DF, but I expect at least Aokiji and Akainu to have it. Logia awakening is probably going to be pretty broken though and I worry we will ever see it if the stage Oda is setting up for an all out war with the Marines isn't a secluded island, like it was on PH with the Akainu v Aokiji clash for example coz they won't be able to use it otherwise. Hopefully we'll get to see it with Aokiji during the clash with the BB Pirates.

On Kaido, tbh it's kinda understandable that he doesn't have it given his views on Haki
Not sure about Linlin though, Oda handled her character horribly. Gave her ACoC that she barely even used :catcry:
She would've been pretty beastly/awesome if she had awakening and it would have compensated for a lot of her short-comings combat wise.

Last edited:
Do you think it's normal for PH to be like that now ?

The whole island had been transformed. Logia awakening likely turned the whole island into the elements of their weilders

Logia can become and produce their elements they cannot turn things into their elements. PH likely is the showing of Logia awakening

That can be interpreted many ways and its not textbook = only some DF can be awakened and not the others"
I don't think an other trad is putting it that way and it wont be logic at all
Like I told you Logias can already do all that
Ph changed cause they spammed their fruits for 10 days. It's normal

Look at GB changing Wano landscape , did he use awakening? No

It is exactly because they're so powerful that they must have awakenings, otherwise it is simply enough to eat the fruit to attain godly powers. For that reason, it makes more sense for only a select few top tiers, through decades of experience, to attain logia awakening, unlocking the powers the strongest devil fruit type has to offer
This is why only 1-3 people will show Logia awakening

I am of the opinion that every DF can be awakened. Awakenings would have made Kaido and BM too strong hence oda didn't gave them awakenings.
Never really understood this justification here.

One Piece is a story. If Oda wanted to write awakening as part of Kaido or Big Mom's skillset, he could have simply made their base powers weaker and more limited and reserved the full breadth of what they can do to awakening. No need to even change their full fighting ability, he would just have to lock their higher end stuff behind a scene where they go "hahaha you are more troublesome than I thought... I will have to use my awakened powers".

Never really understood this justification here.

One Piece is a story. If Oda wanted to write awakening as part of Kaido or Big Mom's skillset, he could have simply made their base powers weaker and more limited and reserved the full breadth of what they can do to awakening. No need to even change their full fighting ability, he would just have to lock their higher end stuff behind a scene where they go "hahaha you are more troublesome than I thought... I will have to use my awakened powers".
Oda felt short in time. He had to make shanks appear due to film red hence Kaido's FB was also only half a chapter long.