Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
It's clear that he isnt trying to hype up Raku'A Kan and it's rare to see Qin in a confrontation where everybody expects them to win but let's be real here, they are going to win.

His readers know it already and you've said it yourself, Hara is now rushing the arcs, he didn't have time to build up some proper hype for RAK. Now we're waiting for Tou and Shin feats tbh. At least I am. Still hoping for some good showings from RAK though.
I've felt the opposite about Hara hyping up Raku'A Kan in this arc. imo Hara has undermined that character a lot in how he reacted to the invasion, and what's more is that the Qin will only consider their plan successful if they minimise casualties, that means Han have to lose without taking too many losses, which would suggest their defeat will be swift.

I stand by the belief Hara is rushing through arcs like checking boxes, but this thing with Zhao and Wei both waiting for so long is illogical it demands more of an explanation.

@Rumble

I wish Hara showed that Kouyoku and Hakurei got promoted to "generals above generals"
I'd like it for the symmetry, and I'd dislike it for the lack of merit.

Hara would like us to believe Kou Yoku and Haku Rei have comparable talent (though he's only bothered to show it in terms of martial ability), but I highly, highly, highly doubt they have comparable service records or experience. It would be a load of bullshit if they did for the simple fact the Q3 have fought in every major war, battle and campaign since Bayou.

Not just that, they have fought and rose to the occasion under some of the difficult and desperate circumstances, especially so in these major campaigns:
  • Sanyou Campaign
  • Coalition War
  • Choyou Campaign
  • Western Zhao Invasion
Eikyuu was not a cakewalk either, and neither was Koku You. The C2 have only fought in one major war. If you want to consider Juukou a major battle because of the numbers, I'm fine with that, but it still doesn't move the scale much.

I would LOVE for the C2 to be able to justify an equal rank. I wish we got to see more mini arcs from their perspective - theirs and others - in like a Juukou-esque arc of them conquering some territory in the south or whatever - basically anything to show them as being really impressive generals in their own right.

The - annoying - reality is the C2 have never been critical to their nation as the Q3 have been to theirs, and it's never been important enough for Hara to build them up progessively alongside their so-called rivals. imo, WZI killed the rivalry in terms of their generalship and it's on Hara to revive it.

As it stands, Hara has done more to squander their hype than build on it.

Last edited:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
That's great for Han, but why would Zhao, Wei or whoever give Qin the opportunity?
It’s almost as if Ouhon and Mouten have taken defensive positions to prevent them from interfering
:luffydab:

Also, where is Chu in all of this? The feckless cunts act like they don't have several Ls to avenge.
I think Chu is still plagued by inner turmoil tbh.

Whether they go now or they go later, they will have to bypass Mou Ten to get to Han.

What's more, they supposedly needed Han to supply the ships. This will be much more difficult if Han is defeated and the capital overrun.

Moubu is currently at the Chu border with 200k+ Qin men lol
What inner turmoil are you referring to? There hasn't been any shown or commented on since Ri En and Ka Rin teamed up to rule the country. It's an alliance that was facilitated by Ren Pa who still fights for Chu.

Did you forget Kou Yoku recently took a castle?

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Whether they go now or they go later, they will have to bypass Mou Ten to get to Han.
That’s what I’m saying, why would they go to Han with Ouhon and Mouten blocking them? Armies can’t just be raised over night lol

What inner turmoil are you referring to?
Kou En stated that Chu has yet to take full advantage of its natural resources. Also, we saw at Juukou that Chu is likely full of a lot of generals from old states who are not necessarily loyal to Chu at all. This is what I mean by inner turmoil. A stable court does not mean Chu has earned the loyalty of all their Sento’Un’s and Man’U’s.

That’s what I’m saying, why would they go to Han with Ouhon and Mouten blocking them? Armies can’t just be raised over night lol
They've had 6 months. Bu'an is the second largest city in Zhao and Dairyou has over 100,000 troops. Time is not the issue, will is (really it's garbage tier writing).

Qin is likely to want to keep Rakushi and reinforce it to deny Wei a route into Han so I don't see Ou Hon going anywhere for at least another year to oversee construction and repell enemies.

Mou Ten is parked in Qin territory and there's no reason to be assume he won't still be there because the plan is to crush Zhao once and for all using wealth and resources asborbed from Han.

Kou En stated that Chu has yet to take full advantage of its natural resources. Also, we saw at Juukou that Chu is likely full of a lot of generals from old states who are not necessarily loyal to Chu at all. This is what I mean by inner turmoil. A stable court does not mean Chu has earned the loyalty of all their Sento’Un’s and Man’U’s.
None of this had anything to do with Chu's turmoil.

The turmoil was about the succession crisis created when Shun Shin Kun backed out the plot with Ri En to steal the throne.

Since the Double Prime Minister system, Chu appears to have been stabilised completely.

Last edited:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
They've had 6 months. Bu'an is the second largest city in Zhao and Dairyou has over 100,000 troops. Time is not the issue, will is (really it's garbage tier writing).
Nah, you’re constantly high. Hara is a better writer than you can even fathom. The Zhao court won’t risk their own necks to protect Han when they’d have to go through Mouten to get there.

None of this had anything to do with Chu's turmoil.
Way to completely dodge the point I was making lmfao.

Chu is not a unified state. They are filled with people who hate them and have loyalties to their own individual territories. Moubu is also current blocking off Karin’s army on the Qin border currently. KouYoku capturing 1 castle doesn’t matter lol.

Nah, you’re constantly high. Hara is a better writer than you can even fathom. The Zhao court won’t risk their own necks to protect Han when they’d have to go through Mouten to get there.
Protecting Han is protecting Zhao, that's why they've sent them reinforcements in the past and plan on doing so in the future. They went over this again at the start of the arc.

While a weakened Han might benefit Wei, their territory is of no interest to Zhao.

I wouldn't trust Hara to write his own name without fucking it up at this point.

Way to completely dodge the point I was making lmfao.
I've addressed every single one of your arguments.

You are literally cutting out parts of my post that debunk your shit. You've dodged
  • the point about Han providing ships to Zhao
  • Kou Yoku just recently taking a castle on Mou Bu's watch
  • Qin likely wanting to keep Rakushi and Mou Ten not going anywhere
Do you think I don't notice when you do this? lol, I just take it as capitulation you're too proud to offer.

Chu is not a unified state. They are filled with people who hate them and have loyalties to their own individual territories. Moubu is also current blocking off Karin’s army on the Qin border currently. KouYoku capturing 1 castle doesn’t matter lol.
The Chu are the most prideful motherfuckers in the series. They are unified in being the best and looking down on other states.

The Juukou generals are outliers.

Just admit your didn't know what the turmoil arc was about, like that time you didn't know Jyou Ka Ryuu was a general and not Gaku Shou's sub.

Chu and Wei are aligned on needing to take down Qin a peg or two, and they've had alliances in the past, they could work out a deal here if the political will is there. That there isn't and that hasn't been adequately explained is plain bad writing to me.

Last edited:
It's clear that he isnt trying to hype up Raku'A Kan and it's rare to see Qin in a confrontation where everybody expects them to win but let's be real here, they are going to win.

His readers know it already and you've said it yourself, Hara is now rushing the arcs, he didn't have time to build up some proper hype for RAK. Now we're waiting for Tou and Shin feats tbh. At least I am. Still hoping for some good showings from RAK though.
I don’t actually think we can accuse Hara of rushing the build up to this war. I don’t know how many chaps it has been but I feel it has taken its time and built the story around it.

Obviously how long the actual battle itself takes, we will see.
Post automatically merged:

It’s almost as if Ouhon and Mouten have taken defensive positions to prevent them from interfering
:luffydab:

I think Chu is still plagued by inner turmoil tbh.
I think that it made sense for wei to wait during the Gyou arc, because a Qin win was unthinkable. The odds are - at absolute best - even in this war, and Wei/Zhao shouldn’t really be waiting for it to end before engaging. Han are on the brink.