Spoiler One Piece Chapter 986 Spoilers Discussion

Katakuri Strongest FM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the feeling straw hats & supernovas might get all reunited soon, Luffy, Yamato, Nami, Carrot, Jinbe and Robin are already in the same area, and Usopp and Chopper are looking for Momo

M

MD Zolo

1. That's speculation. BB is proven D. It is proven he will cause a strom one way or another. Shanks needs speculation on this.

2. Yes. But you're ignoring the manga. BB has proven time and time again his next moves are pretty major and have major consequences in the OP world. Shanks is more on the quiet side for now. BB has everyone guessing via all his actions. Shanks only has the Goresei panel.

3. Debatable. Depends on what Imu even wants, if Shanks even has any connection to him. Whereas BB is a direct opposition to the WG and in turn to Imu. The certain pirate might be BB and the one who Imu might want to end is BB. This is called speculation on both of our parts.

4. That's objectively false. Whenever BB is shown on panel he's always making moves.
- Mock town he's recruiting and both luffy and Zoro highlight him. Gives an epic speech about dreams.
- Then we're left wondering about the outcome of his duel with Ace. This was interesting.
- Becomes shichibukai and uses it as a stepping stone just to get into impel down for recruitment.
- Is a constant thron in Luffy's side in the same arc. Luffy is torn between fighting him and rescuing Ace.
- Marineford- Well Marineford was the turning point for BB. Everything he worked for came down to this moment. All his gambles and moves paid off. His opportunistic moves paid off. Nothing Shanks Pre-timeskip has made waves like this one. Nothing Shanks did Pre-timeskip is as interesting nor as opportunistic as BB.
- Post-TS BB has been the most active Yonko via devil fruit hunting and his crewmates finding Luffy and in turn the revolutionary armies hideout.

He's been the one that keeps everyone guessing with his moves not Shanks. Only time I've been interested in Shanks movements is Post-TS where he's meeting with the Gorosei. That was pretty hype.

Shank's Marineford action was a show of his power, nothing interesting really popped out of it for him. You already know he's a strong good guy via his Yonko title. He just showcased his power that in the arc.

And every other time he's on panel, he's just having a party or smiling at Luffy's bounties. This is nice to see but nothing majorly interesting.

5. Personality is boring in the sense that he's like every mentor to the mc ever. I know he's isn't stoic. Every strong generic mentor has those triats. They will fight for their friends, can be cruel if angered via thier friends getting hurt, and is kind and respectful. Again there's nothing wrong with this, that's just what he is- a mentor.

Not an incarnation of Xebec but parallels him yes.

Also your argument comes down to BB is one dimensional because he's inheritently evil. Just because someone is inheritently good or bad doesn't make them one dimensional or less interesting than someone who can flip flop.

That's literally all speculation. Most of what you've said boils down to the gorosei panel, and if Shanks will either flip good or bad.
Speculation/mystery does make a character alot more interesting yes. Shanks does have the potential to become vastly more interesting. True.

However all of BB'S on screen moments have all had relevance and makes waves in the overall story. We don't have to speculate too much to even come up stuff to make him look interesting. The overall character is just more interesting without even taking into account future roles, via his role in the story so far, and his parallels to the mc and past legends.

Shanks is generic at this point and the rest is really just speculation.
My point Aptly put: "Guy who wants to rule the world' is less complex than "the guy who has the potential to do it, but doesn't want to". If Shanks is a pure good guy, then Shanks is definitely boring compared to BB. But as it stands, I find Shanks more intriguing than BB.

But you are entitled to your opinion. If you would like to continue the debate on this, I think we can make a thread where we can discuss in length.

PC culture ,liberal and mainstream have affected the people to say something is now offensive.

So i agree with you.
I just find it bad to be obsessed with this topic... I am not of the people who refuse to call Yamato "he" if Yamato identifies as a male

I'm pretty openminded... it's just the idea of "we need to know what a character identifies as" from the audience that irks me
Like who cares, for now, call Yamato with whatever, cause BOTH possibilities are valid and on the table...

I hate it because it makes our social life awkward... like, I would never ask a person "what they identify as"... just by appearance I would assume "he" or "she"
UNTIL I meet someone who corrects me and say "call me with he or she" then fine, I will do that....

It's the obsession that irks me, cause it makes society very awkward... can you imagine everytime you encounter a new person, you have the urge of asking them about their gender? LOL, how awkward that would be... this is what the future will be like if people kept that obsession about the topic... nothing will feel organic/natural... just awkwardness LOL

The scabards are legends, they do know they dont have a chance against kaido , but they also know the profecy they have to Carry, and its NOW, not later. Theres no more time to plan a way to take out Kaido with some weapon or other existhing thing , has to be now, as toki Said,* 20 years later*.

and they Go, and their faith IS on their aliance to be the miracle they need to fullfil toki profecy.

they Did a Lot with the little time they had, found the rest of the scabards, found great captains to fight at their side, has thousands of samurais as their side. They lit the flame toki wanted, and their effort Will make wano great again.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
My point Aptly put: "Guy who wants to rule the world' is less complex than "the guy who has the potential to do it, but doesn't want to". If Shanks is a pure good guy, then Shanks is definitely boring compared to BB. But as it stands, I find Shanks more intriguing than BB.

But you are entitled to your opinion. If you would like to continue the debate on this, I think we can make a thread where we can discuss in length.
No problem bro.
You raised some good points though. Some speculations I really didn't think about but for me he's just pretty genric atm.
Can do later.

Imagine someone like Kinemon trying to attack Akainu...lmao
It probably doesn't mean much coming from a Akainu wanker like myself, but it's crazy what portrayal he received in MF.

Marco and Vista's attacks were fended off like nothing and Jinbe admitted that he himself is no more than mere dead weight to Akainu whose only accomplishment could be to win a couple seconds of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.