Spoiler One Piece Chapter 986 Spoilers Discussion

Katakuri Strongest FM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll definitely develop this arc. Especially now that she has learned the Scabbards and Momonosuke are still alive. But it also begs the question as to who she would rather end up serving once everything is said and done. Will she stick by Momo's side and try to rebuild the Country as it is what Oden would have done. Or will she come into her own and decide to follow her own path, and leave Wano behind? For that to be the case, she's going to have to be given a new goal in life.
Ultimately think she will stop calling herself oden
but she will come to acknowledge luffy as a result of taking kaido down and freeing her. Rebuilding wano is the duty of the red scabbards, momo and hiyori. Folks who the people of wano will respect
not the daughter of their tyrant kaido.

People can think I'm exaggerating with the shackles but that's wrong. Yamato being introduced late in the arc mean that she has to get a lot of focus for her joining to not seem unnatural and the shackles removal (both symbol and object of her being trapped) was a good way to give emotional weight to the character. One is free to believe it doesn't matter but Yamato associated it to the reason she isn't free. And the reason why she couldn't go with Ace despite wanting to. And Oda was always heavy on symbolism/ object. Nami's room was just an example. Mera Mera no Mi is just a devil fruit yet Luffy didn't want a bad guy to eat it.
Instead Oda chose to deal with quickly, not bothering to make it remotely emotional for the readers. I'm not pretending to be in Oda's mind, but for me this is an extremely odd choice if Yamato supposed to join by the end of the arc.

Thank you, I'm glad there's at least some open minded people like you here in worstgen, cheers mate.
hey whats good is good i just never saw the big deal with calling him her :suresure: cause in my opinion its literally just a cosplay playing a character or playing a role in a sense just like we do in our everyday lives and i really dont see the point of getting upset over it

Shall I say it again? How about we wait for character development instead of just openly denying chances 4 chapters into her introduction? Not to mention, she has been with Luffy exclusively the past 4 chapters and has asked to join already. This is incomparable to any other character in the series.

Thats all I'm telling you to do. Wait for her eventual flashback with her father. Wait for her personality changes once she realizes Momo and the Scabbards are alive (which she will finally next chapter). She has already given up being Oden to a degree since she believes Luffy could do it better. Its an ideology, not a character trait.

F

Fallen Prince

Uh, literally nothing in my comment is "headcanon". I'll say it again, Yamato is the only person to openly request joining. Stop.
Lol you keep circling your comments of yamatos reason thats just not enough for luffy to take herin.

If Ace is the real reason thats even worse lol then we have otama for nakama as well.

Not that I disagree with this, but are you sure? Luffy accepted both Robin and Brooke knowing almost nothing about them.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Yamato’s role is as an Ally to Luffy in the final war(s) leading Wano, but I don’t think Luffy would reject her if she were happy with herself lol.
Well, Luffy just gives off the impression that he's not too keen on the fact that she keeps referring to herself as Oden. In 985 he denies her claims, saying "You can't be Oden, he's someone every loves." Then she calls him Oden, which seems to annoy him even more. Luffy is Luffy, and he's not going to want someone following him, who is doing so because that person likens him to someone else. So she definitely needs to go through some major character development before Luffy will accept her.

Well, Luffy just gives off the impression that he's not too keen on the fact that she keeps referring to herself as Oden. In 985 he denies her claims, saying "You can't be Oden, he's someone every loves." Then she calls him Oden, which seems to annoy him even more. Luffy is Luffy, and he's not going to want someone following him, who is doing so because that person likens him to someone else. So she definitely needs to go through some major character development before Luffy will accept her.
Luffy is a substitute of Ace which is extremely shallow.

F

Fallen Prince

Shall I say it again? How about we wait for character development instead of just openly denying chances 4 chapters into her introduction? Not to mention, she has been with Luffy exclusively the past 4 chapters and has asked to join already. This is incomparable to any other character in the series.

Thats all I'm telling you to do. Wait for her eventual flashback with her father. Wait for her personality changes once she realizes Momo and the Scabbards are alive (which she will finally next chapter). She has already given up being Oden to a degree since she believes Luffy could do it better. Its an ideology, not a character trait.
I ll rather wait but i disagree with your other apart she gave up being oden. When did she say that ?

She said "luffy was more oden than her " , doesnt state she gave up personifying herself as self proclaimed oden.

luffy just wanted to make new friends i think he said he doesnt care how strong they're aslong he can protect them thats good hes honest and that ended up helping him in the long run his honesty so shes valuable asset to the journey
agreed but fallen is acting like there was something deep to luffy accepting robin's request.
yamato can be just as valuable
stop ruling it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.