Powers & Abilities Shanks: How Swordsmen and Gun users use advanced COA.

You're being deliberately obtuse and ignorant. We know for a fact Mihawk only takes interest in Swordsman — it's why he doesn't chase after every Yonko for a challenge — and Shanks was his rival for years. 1 + 1 = Shanks is a swordsman.
I'm not saying Shanks is not a swordsman. But he isn't just fighting with his sword, he might just focus on his haki. Until we know more, it's ignorant to say Mihawk is stronger than Shanks just because of his WSS title.

We know for a fact Mihawk only takes interest in Swordsman — it's why he doesn't chase after every Yonko for a challenge
Obviously. Mihawk stands no chance against the Yonko. Tell that to the Zoro fanboys. Big Mom might use Napoleon, who is a sword to fight with, but she also uses her homies and throws punches at times.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm not saying Shanks is not a swordsman. But he isn't just fighting with his sword, he might just focus on his haki. Until we know more, it's ignorant to say Mihawk is stronger than Shanks just because of his WSS title.
How do you wrestle with these inconsistencies? Shanks is a swordsman, but he isn't weaker than Mihawk? Why isn't he the WSS? If he can beat Mihawk with a sword or is vastly stronger than Mihawk with a sword, he deserves the title. Oda wouldn't randomly give Mihawk the title.

Riddled with contradictions.

Obviously. Mihawk stands no chance against the Yonko. Tell that to the Zoro fanboys. Big Mom might use Napoleon, who is a sword to fight with, but she also uses her homies and throws punches at times.
Big Mom's a swordsman too. But that's neither here nor there, and obviously Mihawk can compete with the Yonko. You gotta be reading the manga backwards to think otherwise.

Shanks is a swordsman, but he isn't weaker than Mihawk? Why isn't he the WSS?
You know very well Shanks doesn't care about that. This guy is doing stuff with the WG.

If he can beat Mihawk with a sword or is vastly stronger than Mihawk with a sword, he deserves the title.
Sure, but since we don't know how Shanks really fights we can't say with certainty that he is a pure swordsman like Mihawk and Zoro. He might just focus more on his haki in conjuction with his sword. He has CoC too. He might be the best with it.

Riddled with contradictions.
Not really. If I were you, I'd just wait until we know more. You can't just say Shanks fights only with his sword. We haven't even seen him fight yet.

Big Mom's a swordsman too. But that's neither here nor there, and obviously Mihawk can compete with the Yonko. You gotta be reading the manga backwards to think otherwise.
Oh really? Then why did Oda make him be stopped by freaking Vista? Vista really needs to get more credit for what he did.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
You know very well Shanks doesn't care about that. This guy is doing stuff with the WG.
It doesn't matter what he cares about. People would still give him that praise regardless.
Sure, but since we don't know how Shanks really fights we can't say with certainty that he is a pure swordsman like Mihawk and Zoro. He might just focus more on his haki in conjuction with his sword. He has CoC too. He might be the best with it.
Quote the manga with pure swordsman, otherwise don't use the term. It's fanfiction. Shanks is a swordsman. He fights using a sword, rivaled the WSS, this isn't difficult.
Not really. If I were you, I'd just wait until we know more. You can't just say Shanks fights only with his sword. We haven't even seen him fight yet.
Well he pulled out a sword to block Akainu's attack and clashed with Whitebeard with it and had many legendary duels with Mihawk. So, yeah, it's safe to say he uses his sword to fight.
Oh really? Then why did Oda make him be stopped by freaking Vista? Vista really need to get more credit for what he did.
Why did Oda have Big Mom clowned repeatedly by characters abysmally below Oven's level? Vista is a dead meme.
If Roger wasn’t qualified for the WSS title due to not having the right fighting style, then why not Shanks as well?
Non-arguments won't get responses Macho. We know absolutely shitall about Roger's era, to the point where we're still fickle on Kaido's age as he's a contemporary to Linlin but of Shanks' generation of piracy somehow. For all we know, Roger could've been. But people know him by his grandest title.

It doesn't matter what he cares about. People would still give him that praise regardless.

Quote the manga with pure swordsman, otherwise don't use the term. It's fanfiction. Shanks is a swordsman. He fights using a sword, rivaled the WSS, this isn't difficult.

Well he pulled out a sword to block Akainu's attack and clashed with Whitebeard with it and had many legendary duels with Mihawk. So, yeah, it's safe to say he uses his sword to fight.

Why did Oda have Big Mom clowned repeatedly by characters abysmally below Oven's level? Vista is a dead meme.

Non-arguments won't get responses Macho. We know absolutely shitall about Roger's era, to the point where we're still fickle on Kaido's age as he's a contemporary to Linlin but of Shanks' generation of piracy somehow. For all we know, Roger could've been. But people know him by his grandest title.
Why wouldn’t Oda let us know that by now? That’s a pretty important detail, especially since it would imply that Zoro will probably surpass Roger. Kaido’s age isn’t nearly as important a detail as Roger being WSS. Kaido’s age is pretty much irrelevant. If Roger was WSS, then during the Oden flashback that took place in Wano, the samurai arc, would have been a perfect time to reveal that

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Why wouldn’t Oda let us know that by now? That’s a pretty important detail, especially since it would imply that Zoro will probably surpass Roger. Kaido’s age isn’t nearly as important a detail as Roger being WSS. Kaido’s age is pretty much irrelevant. If Roger was WSS, then during the Oden flashback that took place in Wano, the samurai arc, would have been a perfect time to reveal that
Why and when would he have dropped that information?

Why and when would he have dropped that information?
He can just put it in an intro box. Like in the intro box that Oda gave Roger before he became PK, in which Oda could have just wrote WSS instead of “Great Pirate”. Or write a dialogue between Oden and Roger where Oden is amazed at Roger’s sword skills, and then Roger reveals that he’s actually the greatest swordsman in the world

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
He can just put it in an intro box. Or write a dialogue between Oden and Roger where Oden is amazed at Roger’s sword skills, and then Roger reveals that he’s actually the greatest swordsman in the world
Oda barely gave Toki dialogue during the flashback but you want him to slip in a discussion about Roger's fighting prowess? My man, Oda intentionally veered away from Roger vs Whitebeard to keep it a surprise.

Oda barely gave Toki dialogue during the flashback but you want him to slip in a discussion about Roger's fighting prowess? My man, Oda intentionally veered away from Roger vs Whitebeard to keep it a surprise.
There’s plenty of useless dialogue that Oda could have swapped it out for. Toki didn’t talk because Oda’s terrible at writing females, so he basically turned Toki into an obedient housewife.

Keep what a surprise? If Oda was trying to keep Roger’s powers a secret, then wouldn’t that contradict your point? We got to see Roger using a sword, which is the only thing that Oda let us in on about Roger’s fighting style (besides him also using Ryuo). If Oda is hiding a secret power of Roger (Adv CoC ofc), then that strengthens the argument that Roger isn’t qualified for WSS title due to not being a swordsman in the same sense as Mihawk

Why did Oda have Big Mom clowned repeatedly by characters abysmally below Oven's level?
Because Big Mom is too op and has to be constantly nerfed by Oda.

Wait, what? Are you saying Mihawk was just playing with Vista? And he could one shot him whenever he felt like it?
Mihawk couldn't get past Vista and that is fact. Stop trashing on Vista, this guy is powerful enough to stop the WSS.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
There’s plenty of useless dialogue that Oda could have swapped it out for. Toki didn’t talk because Oda’s terrible at writing females, so he basically turned Toki into an obedient housewife.

Keep what a surprise? If Oda was trying to keep Roger’s powers a secret, then wouldn’t that contradict your point? We got to see Roger using a sword, which is the only thing that Oda let us in on about Roger’s fighting style (besides him also using Ryuo). If Oda is hiding a secret power of Roger (Adv CoC ofc), then that strengthens the argument that Roger isn’t qualified for WSS title due to not being a swordsman in the same sense as Mihawk
No, it doesn't, because swordsmanship is diverse in One Piece and Oda didn't want to show Roger and Whitebeard fighting because it'll make everything else seem minuscule in comparison. It's like dropping WB's bounty in the middle of Water-7, it'll make Luffy's growth less significant.

Your entire argument is based on being impatient on Roger's details as a character and fighter, and appealing to the unknown.
Post automatically merged:

Because Big Mom is too op and has to be constantly nerfed by Oda.
Not that powerful, considering she needed Haki to defend from a mere Kong Gun.

Wait, what? Are you saying Mihawk was just playing with Vista? And he could one shot him whenever he felt like it?
Mihawk couldn't get past Vista and that is fact. Stop trashing on Vista, this guy is powerful enough to stop the WSS.
Lmfao. Alright, I'm glad you jumped the gun and started trolling. I can stop taking you seriously now. All's I said was that the Vista meme is dead and you went right off into the horizon with this malarkey.

Not that powerful, considering she needed Haki to defend from a mere Kong Gun.
She didn't need haki. She just used it because she can lol. If she wanted to she could block it just like Kaido did.

Lmfao. Alright, I'm glad you jumped the gun and started trolling. I can stop taking you seriously now. All's I said was that the Vista meme is dead and you went right off into the horizon with this malarkey.
I'm not wrong though? If you say Mihawk is stronger than Shanks because of his WSS title, then you might as well say Vista is on Mihawk's level, because he managed to stop him and they looked equal. That is just weird.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
She didn't need haki. She just used it because she can lol. If she wanted to she could block it just like Kaido did.
Baseless. Her arm rattled with the support of Haki.
I'm not wrong though? If you say Mihawk is stronger than Shanks because of his WSS title, then you might as well say Vista is on Mihawk's level, because he managed to stop him and they looked equal. That is just weird.
So you're fine with Mihawk ~ Vista > Shanks? That's absolute lunacy. Mihawk's title is as absolute as Dragon's or Whitebeard's prior to Marineford — the sole exception due to the author making that abundantly clear and a plot point. Until you come up with some valid reasoning for why a man who rivaled Mihawk and uses a sword as a main weapon isn't a swordsman, you have no argument.

Baseless. Her arm rattled with the support of Haki.
Of course it rattled, that is pure fat.

So you're fine with Mihawk ~ Vista > Shanks?
No, but that is what you are saying with your logic.

Until you come up with some valid reasoning for why a man who rivaled Mihawk and uses a sword as a main weapon isn't a swordsman, you have no argument.
Again, I never said he isn't a swordsman. But saying that he is a pure swordsman like Mihawk or Zoro is weird, since we haven't actually seen him go all out or fight seriously with anybody. He might be a haki master and only use his sword gryphon as a helping tool.