Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Just some random notes while reading the chapter :fransuper:

- What a chapter! Stellar artwork again this week and double page spreads to relay the magnitude and scale of the impending war. Oda’s perspective artwork has reached a new level recently. The reader’s eye being forced to look up at an intimidating sobered up Dragon Kaido, as if you’re among the scabbards. The snow fall on a moonlit night just adds a touch of mysticism and romance to the encounter.

- I’m loving that interaction between mental and physical scars isn't strictly metaphorical. Shanks with BB, Luffy with Akainu, Big Mom with Mother Caramel, etc... Kaido still fearful of Oden’s words and presence even after he’s dead. Add to that being ambushed, drunk and you get a golden opportunity to take him down.

You can almost see Kaido mourning the fact that Oden isn’t alive, maybe he’s suicidal because he feels incapable of achieving a grander death than the “Hour of Legend”. He mentioned his respect for traditional Wano samurai spirit, and nobody embodied that more than Oden. Kaido has portrayed the immovable block to victory role so far, looking forward to delving deeper into his psyche when he starts getting at it with Luffy. What’s his philosophy on what it means to be PK?

I also got the feeling Kaido was reminiscing about Rocks here
Was their defeat aided by betrayal? Big Mom nonchalantly saying “Is Kaido dead?” lets you know Rocks was more of a business deal that comradery. It’s inevitable that Big Mom and Kaido’s alliance will fail. Perospero is already rebelling and forming a side alliance with Marco. The expected result of Mom’s dysfunctional parenting is her offspring lacking true loyalty that (see Zeus, Katakuri, Opera). Smoothie has been portrayed as a follower, it’ll be interesting to see if she becomes more assertive and has to make a decision about choosing between Mom or Perospero

- Savage cliffhanger too, Neko already looks like an absolute beast in silhouette. Sulong allows the mink’s feral nature to take over, we’re in for an amazing Kaiju scene next chapter. Dragon Kaido vs an entire enraged army of Sulong Minks :steef: I never thought the Sulong trump card would be dealt this early. Jack vs Sulong Minks revenge rematch was the popular prediction, but this is more exciting as the first official fight of the war. Just gotta get through these breaks :josad:

- The paneling here with the scabbards attacking downwards, you can feel the sense of force of Kaido crashing into the underground.

- Nice to see Jinbei finally featured in the color page. Oda keeps baiting the Frobin shippers though, he knows exactly what he’s doing with their placement in his color spreads lol

- Don’t let the war distract you from the fact that Law’s plan actually worked. The idiots as distraction, and sneak the scabbards to get a free shot at an unsuspecting Kaido. Let’s not forget that he started all of this 300 chapters ago. We’re finally here at the finish line

- I said if Yamato and Ulti appear in the same panel it’s already a 10/10 chapter, so you already know my horny chapter rating :shocking:
If Ulti and Yamato appear in the same panel the chapter is 10/10 regardless of anything else :feelsokeman:
Yamato accepted Kaido is no fitting parent. Now she needs to understand that she can’t be Oden because she wants to be Oden. It's fake. The man Roger/Joy Boy is waiting for needs an authentic take on becoming king
Luffy's declaring an all out war was just that. Authentic King shit :finally: Maybe Yamato will observe and realize what conviction is. Two chapters ago she told Luffy “Ok you be Oden” Do you ever imagine Luffy saying “Ok you be Pirate King”?

- Every time I see the moon I want Enel descending with his army of Space pirates. I had a theory about Enel, the moon and King's race but never had the chance to write it. No idea how Enel would fit into an already stacked puzzle, but I'd like it to happen soon.

Last edited:

- What a chapter! Stellar artwork again this week and double page spreads to relay the magnitude and scale of the impending war. Oda’s perspective artwork has reached a new level recently. The reader’s eye being forced to look up at an intimidating sobered up Dragon Kaido, as if you’re among the scabbards. The snow fall on a moonlit night just adds a touch of mysticism and romance to the encounter.

- I’m loving that interaction between mental and physical scars isn't strictly metaphorical. Shanks with BB, Luffy with Akainu, Big Mom with Mother Caramel, etc... Kaido still fearful of Oden’s words and presence even after he’s dead. Add to that being ambushed, drunk and you get a golden opportunity to take him down. You can almost see Kaido mourning the fact that Oden isn’t alive, maybe he’s suicidal because he feels incapable of achieving a grander death than the “Hour of Legend”. He mentioned his respect for traditional Wano samurai spirit, and nobody embodied that more than Oden. Kaido has portrayed the immovable block to victory role so far, looking forward to delving deeper into his psyche when he starts getting at it with Luffy. What’s his philosophy on what it means to be PK? I also got the feeling Kaido was reminiscing about Rocks here
Was their defeat aided by betrayal? Big Mom nonchalantly saying “Is Kaido dead?” lets you know Rocks was more of a business deal that comradery. It’s inevitable that Big Mom and Kaido’s alliance will fail. Perospero is already rebelling and forming a side alliance with Marco. The expected result of Mom’s dysfunctional parenting is her offspring lacking true loyalty that (see Zeus, Katakuri, Opera). Smoothie has been portrayed as a follower, it’ll be interesting to see if she becomes more assertive and has to make a decision about choosing between Mom or Perospero

- Savage cliffhanger too, Neko already looks like an absolute beast in silhouette. Sulong allows the mink’s feral nature to take over, we’re in for an amazing Kaiju scene next chapter. Dragon Kaido vs an entire enraged army of Sulong Minks :steef: I never thought the Sulong trump card would be dealt this early. Jack vs Sulong Minks revenge rematch was the popular prediction, but this is more exciting as the first official fight of the war. Just gotta get through these breaks :josad:

- The paneling here with the scabbards attacking downwards, you can feel the sense of force of Kaido crashing into the underground.

- Nice to see Jinbei finally featured in the color page. Oda keeps baiting the Frobin shippers though, he knows exactly what he’s doing with their placement in his color spreads lol

- Don’t let the war distract you from the fact that Law’s plan actually worked. The idiots as distraction, and sneak the scabbards get a free shot at an unsuspecting Kaido. Let’s not forget that he started all of this 300 chapters ago. We’re finally here at the finish line

- I said if Yamato and Ulti appear in the same panel it’s already a 10/10 chapter, so you already know my horny chapter rating :shocking:

Yamato accepted Kaido is no fitting parent. Now she needs to understand that she can’t be Oden because she wants to be Oden. It's fake. The man Roger/Joy Boy is waiting needs an authentic take on becoming king
Luffy's declaring an all out war was just that. Authentic King shit :finally: Maybe Yamato will observe and realize what conviction is. Two chapters ago she told Luffy “Ok you be Oden” Do you ever imagine Luffy saying “Ok you be Pirate King”?

- Every time I see the moon I want Enel deceasing with his army of Space pirates. I had a theory about Enel, the moon and King's race but never had the chance to write it. No idea how Enel would fit into an already stacked puzzle, but I'd like it to happen soon.
That Luffy pic, don't look like Luffy, is that another artist?

**** what?
When was Mihawk stalled by Jozu, he used a casual nameless flying slash that gets weaker with distance to test flesh and bones WB and Jozu had to use full power to stop it and was still bruised.

While Oden tanked a named (surprise) attack from Roger, Mihawk woulda killed Oden if he used a named attack when his casual attacks are Island level.

And lol at Vista, Prime WB and Rookie Oden (who is prolly weaker than Vista) had more intense clash.

Should you seriously be using Mihawk having two second clash with Vista where he didn't even look at him form 1.5 seconds when Kaido the bitch **** got tagged by literal fodder swordsman and got his most hyped up stat breached.

Mihawk can still on his ass and have a day long duel with a baboon, as long as he is undisputed WSS, when Oden a non Blackblade non WSS swordsman gives Kaido life long PTSD and Kinnemon punks him out, Mihawk mid diffs Vista.

iMaGiNe vIsTa stalling RoGeR lmaooo
imagine Mihawk getting tagged by Kinemon, **** who shat his pants when Zoro flexed.
However you choose to look at it. Doesn't change the fact that Roger gives Mihawk the Oden treatment. Mihawk will never be equal to Roger. Not even close.

Yamato vs Ulti

Chapter was awesome even with bad scans. Can't wait for a better release.

Kaido looks bad ass even now.

Is that Hawkins with law?
Are the Gifters taken care of? Go Zoro lol
Fuck is King doing? also Jack lol
Looks like luffy and company vs BM first while scabbards and minks battle Kaido (RIP to those brave souls)

PS the sword swallowing in this thread is gross but hilarious lmao

This is what Law did to Kinemon lol

At the very least, this is for those people who think Law is not top YC level because of dOfLaMiNgO.

Literally everyone in Dressrosa/PH is way stronger than people give them credit them for. Too bad the Yonko/YC wank has been out of control since MF.
Kinemon the YC level character shats his pants looking at Zoro.

So much for Katakuri > Dressrosa Zoro.
Zoro > All bar top tiers atm

- I’m loving that interaction between mental and physical scars isn't strictly metaphorical. Shanks with BB, Luffy with Akainu, Big Mom with Mother Caramel, etc... Kaido still fearful of Oden’s words and presence even after he’s dead. Add to that being ambushed, drunk and you get a golden opportunity to take him down.

You can almost see Kaido mourning the fact that Oden isn’t alive, maybe he’s suicidal because he feels incapable of achieving a grander death than the “Hour of Legend”. He mentioned his respect for traditional Wano samurai spirit, and nobody embodied that more than Oden. Kaido has portrayed the immovable block to victory role so far, looking forward to delving deeper into his psyche when he starts getting at it with Luffy. What’s his philosophy on what it means to be PK?

I also got the feeling Kaido was reminiscing about Rocks here

- Don’t let the war distract you from the fact that Law’s plan actually worked. The idiots as distraction, and sneak the scabbards to get a free shot at an unsuspecting Kaido. Let’s not forget that he started all of this 300 chapters ago. We’re finally here at the finish line

Yamato accepted Kaido is no fitting parent. Now she needs to understand that she can’t be Oden because she wants to be Oden. It's fake. The man Roger/Joy Boy is waiting needs an authentic take on becoming king

- Every time I see the moon I want Enel descending with his army of Space pirates. I had a theory about Enel, the moon and King's race but never had the chance to write it. No idea how Enel would fit into an already stacked puzzle, but I'd like it to happen soon.
In your theory what will be Enel's role? Can't wait your writing

Status
Not open for further replies.