Oda news interviews

I have said it before and i'm still certain this is what is going to happen when Wano's over and less than 4 years remain for OP. Oda was very fond of Vicky The Viking cartoon, he made Elbaf the strongest country in terms of military strength and kept it hidden until the endgame for a reason.

Elbaf is 100% going to be a mini-arc in which Strawhats (mainly Usopp) convince the giants to help them declare an all-out war against the World Government. Im is based on a Norse god who got destroyed by the Jotuun giants after all. And the giant strawhat in the champer of Pangaea further hints that Joy Boy was a giant and a direct enemy to Im and World Nobles in general so it would be ironic to see Im and the World Nobles getting destroyed by Joy Boy's race.

You can even picture how giants would climp the Red Line to attack Mary Geoise.
Not even needing that. Just the newspaper stating that the crew took down the so hated Big mom will give them a free pass to Elbaf as natural heroes, then Usopp is going to get personal plotline.

Right, so Big Mom dealt with here (perma-Olin), Elbaf for the meeting with Shanks and last Road Poneglyph, gargantuan final war with Blackbeard and Imu as joint main villains. Still don't think he'll manage it in the five years, but I do believe he'll try to hit it and will tie potential individual storylines together to try and hurry things along.

Never understood why people assume Elbaf will be Usopp's arc
The fact that Usopp and Elbaf have been linked constantly since Little Garden as the Giants are, in Usopp's own words, exactly the kind of people he went to sea to be like?

M

MD Zolo

I think we have to remember by this stage Luffy will be pretty much around Yonko level, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei will be Admiral level at the very least, so defeating enemies won't take as much build up towards the end.
But Build ups are rarely about strength, it rather about ideological conflict instead. I do believe that when we enter the endgame, there will be less need for Build up.

But Blackbeard should get some build up. And so should Imu (if he is worth anything).

Also, irrelevant to the topic, I don't believe there is anything called Yonkou level and Admiral level.

M

MD Zolo

I had made a thread on it earlier, but if Blackbeard makes it to Laugh Tale and finds One Piece, he is the pirate King. Even if Luffy beats him afterwards, Luffy can't become the Pirate King because as per the definition of Pirate King, one who finds it first is the pirate King.

So, Blackbeard cannot reach Laugh Tale.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Have the same feeling.

Still can't see it working. If Wano ended roughly on Chapter 1000, then yes, 50 chapters for Elbaf (handling Luffy/Shanks reunion) and then throw Laugh tale/final war together in an 150 chapter long arc with very fast pacing.
There's also all the backstories Oda has yet to explain. We still need Blackbeard, Shanks, Garp, Dragon, Akainu, Smoker, Elbaf, Aokiji, Fujitora, GB, Kizaru, Vegapunk, Void Century etc... 200 chapters doesnt seem like enough.

M

MD Zolo

There's also all the backstories Oda has yet to explain. We still need Blackbeard, Shanks, Garp, Dragon, Akainu, Smoker, Elbaf, Aokiji, Fujitora, GB, Kizaru, Vegapunk, Void Century etc... 200 chapters doesnt seem like enough.
We haven't even got Kaido's backstory. I don't think backstories will be self-contained anymore.

It will similar to Rosinante backstory. It described Law, Drake and Rosinante's stories all at once (with touching upon Baby 5 and Buffalo).

So, Roger and Garp may be done in a single story. Kizaru and Ryokogyu probably won't even get any. Akainu and Aokiji's backstory will be told in a single story etcetera.

There is high change that after OnePiece is finish
There will be some sort of sequel without Oda as main mangaka

Oda can do what he did with Doflamingo and bunch a load of flashbacks together in a grand Monkey D family one.

I had made a thread on it earlier, but if Blackbeard makes it to Laugh Tale and finds One Piece, he is the pirate King. Even if Luffy beats him afterwards, Luffy can't become the Pirate King because as per the definition of Pirate King, one who finds it first is the pirate King.

So, Blackbeard cannot reach Laugh Tale.
Luffy finds it first, Blackbeard follows behind him using Shiryu's fruit, they jump the unsuspecting Strawhats and run out to fight the world as pirate king.

But Build ups are rarely about strength, it rather about ideological conflict instead. I do believe that when we enter the endgame, there will be less need for Build up.

But Blackbeard should get some build up. And so should Imu (if he is worth anything).

Also, irrelevant to the topic, I don't believe there is anything called Yonkou level and Admiral level.
Blackbeard's build up has been happening throughout the series since pre-TS, of course we'll go more in depth but won't take up too many chapters, i.e less than Oden's flashback for example.

M

MD Zolo

Luffy finds it first, Blackbeard follows behind him using Shiryu's fruit, they jump the unsuspecting Strawhats and run out to fight the world as pirate king.
Yeah! I saw your post on that before. It can work if Blackbeard is the final enemy. Otherwise, it doesn't work.

Remember, One Piece is supposed to provide info about void century. So, after finding One Piece, Luffy's goal should be set to changing everything that the void century caused.

If Luffy is fighting Blackbeard AFTER knowing about Void Century, Blackbeard is the embodiment of everything wrong with the world and not the WG.

Most stuff can easily be off paneled and adressed in the future with novels, spin offs, data books etc.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway,

Elbaf --> Raftel + BB --> Final War + WG --> End