Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good video by Morj. An eloquent reiteration of what I and many others had already said in this thread. Even mentioning the idea of Yamato becoming the temporary shogun of Wano until Momo's of age.

Last chapter, Yamato got sent away from Luffy and the crew to instead look after Momo. This could be the beginning of their relationship and the path for Yamato finding who she really is and Momo developing trust in her, even though her father killed his father.

We saw from her talk with Luffy, that the latter hardly cares about "Yamao" and was far more interested in other things. We'll see how her time with Momo goes. Whether it's played for gags and is a brief thing, or whether it shows the signs of a closer relationship yet to come.

Good video by Morj. An eloquent reiteration of what I and many others had already said in this thread. Even mentioning the idea of Yamato becoming the temporary shogun of Wano until Momo's of age.

Last chapter, Yamato got sent away from Luffy and the crew to instead look after Momo. This could be the beginning of their relationship and the path for Yamato finding who she really is and Momo developing trust in her, even though her father killed his father.

We saw from her talk with Luffy, that the latter hardly cares about "Yamao" and was far more interested in other things. We'll see how her time with Momo goes. Whether it's played for gags and is a brief thing, or whether it shows the signs of a closer relationship yet to come.
So, what does it mean exactly @dizzy2341

So, what does it mean exactly @dizzy2341
It's just speculation. There's no firm evidence but there are hints to suggest that Yamato's story could end up with her as the shogun of Wano for a while until Momo's old enough to rule himself. I personally think Yamato's a distraction, or a red-herring for the real next straw hat we're getting this arc.

People talk about how Yamato wants to board Luffy's ship and travel due to the logic that Oden did that with Roger. But we don't need to apply that kind of backwards logic with a certain bunny. She wants to board and adventure entirely because of her own adventurous spirit. Not out of some simple "logic". That of course being Carrot, who ironically has more personality traits and similarities to Oden than his cosplayer known as Yamao.

It's just speculation. There's no firm evidence but there are hints to suggest that Yamato's story could end up with her as the shogun of Wano for a while until Momo's old enough to rule himself. I personally think Yamato's a distraction, or a red-herring for the real next straw hat we're getting this arc.

People talk about how Yamato wants to board Luffy's ship and travel due to the logic that Oden did that with Roger. But we don't need to apply that kind of backwards logic with a certain bunny. She wants to board and adventure entirely because of her own adventurous spirit. Not out of some simple "logic". That of course being Carrot, who ironically has more personality traits and similarities to Oden than his cosplayer known as Yamao.
Carrot has less character than Yamato.

The only thing that can save Yamoto is character development.

The “I’m Oden” gags could lose their luster if overused like “May I see your panties?” and Sanji’s perversion. She would have to be likeable and tolerable to readers if it means her getting more screentime as a crew member.

There’s a reason Barto is a grand fleet captain instead of a crew member since his fanboyism would grow annoying than relatable if we seen more of it.

The only thing that can save Yamoto is character development.

The “I’m Oden” gags could lose their luster if overused like “May I see your panties?” and Sanji’s perversion. She would have to be likeable and tolerable to readers if it means her getting more screentime as a crew member.

There’s a reason Barto is a grand fleet captain instead of a crew member since his fanboyism would grow annoying than relatable if we seen more of it.
The thing is, it is the start of her character development, it's a means to flesh out who she is, but we are busy in a war rn, so these things are pushed back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.