ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji has DJ, he wasnt handicapped prior and now he needs the raid suit. Why? because at this point he himself is too weak to fighting higher level opponents, hence the power up we all saw the results of his fights vs Mingo, Vergo, WCI.

Raid suit is definitely NOT part of his style LOL

Zoro can fight without swords

Every Devil fruit has their own advantages
Thing is Sanji never had defense in arsenal, that was always missing from his combat ability, and the only reason why he didnt need it pre timeskip was because he outclassed everybody he defeated in terms of speed/agility. Thats why sanji never needed to be very durable before But now ......when you fight people who are as fast if not faster than you are, like Vergo, Doffy and King.....Your gonna take a lot more hits so you need defense in your arsenal. And it doesnt matter if its part of his style or not these guys need to get stronger and theres no time to give everyone in the crew a luffy vs katakuri fight lmao.

Good chapter nothing really wow but enjoyable to read.

3 things got my attention:

1 The flying 6 first antagonist are the samurai so I dont see any strawhat helping the samurai (maybe later)
2 Big Mom is a disgrace, I would prefer Donflamingo helping Kaido than this useless character
3 Oda clearly want Zoro to the top with Luffy and this concept got repeated a lot time in the past chapter, I dont see how Oda want to play so many character against Kaido but we ll find out in the next 3 chapters.

2 thing about power up:

The raid suit is clearly very reliable power up for sanji (I still dont like this thing cuz Cake Island was a regress for Sanji in term of character but whatever)

I want to see Luffy and Zoro using the new acknowledge about the advance Ryu.

King attacked sanji before the numbers even got there
The panel next to sanji getting up shows franky beating that number with his beam the first sanji panel shows him on the floor
So what was he doing on the floor all that time.
The problem with this argument is theres no panel of him being knocked out..... Even if you believed time passed theres no way to know if he was knocked out or not, people are easily going to refute this argument bro.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
BM=Kaido. They fought 3 days equally.

Franky SHogun got his arm penetrated by baby 5 scythe.

Base Sanji bruised Oven whose durability>Katakuri who tanked G4 and Sanji didn't use DJ and CoA

Base Sanji low diffs Franky Shogun.
When i said Big Mom crew is without Big Mom
Durability LataLuri isn't very good i think is bit than Craker

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The problem with this argument is theres no panel of him being knocked out..... Even if you believed time passed theres no way to know if he was knocked out or not, people are easily going to refute this argument bro.
Why do i need a panel ? They need brain cells. King attacks sanji before the numbers even show up, sanji only moved as the numbers are hit by franky, time clearly passes yet sanji doesnt move what was he doing playing dead ?

Roronoa-sama

Ling got humiliated by veteran Izo lol.

Katakuri dominated Jinbei (>>>>>>>>>Izo), Pedro, Bege and still pinned down Luffy.

Katakuri tanked G4 twice.
So WB = King because all crew is the same power
When lataluri dominated jimbei if Jimbei counter his attack
Lataluri only can tanked G4 due COO

I feel like it doesn't even matter lol.

Oda is the type of person to have Sanji hypetool the fuck out of Sanji one chapter, then vice-versa towards the end of the arc. Not saying that battle is remotely guaranteed, but we need to realize that One Piece and its action is heavily dictated by its story and not battle logic.

Like nobody should even be arguing here. King is Kaido's #2 man allegedly. Like holy fuck Sanji looked fine in the double spread, REGARDLESS if he was knocked out for a few seconds or not.

N

NeutralWatcher

So WB = King because all crew is the same power
WB 1 shot King. No way Izo can even tickle Marco who is below WB lol.

When lataluri dominated jimbei if Jimbei counter his attack
Katakuri dodged Jinbei karate fishman attack, continued to dodged Bege's shotgun attack, continued to kick Luffy but got intercepted by Pedro's sword but that didn't stop Katakuri from pinning down Luffy.

Lataluri only can tanked G4 due COO
Katakuri used his own body to tank G4. Ling got disarmed by veteran Izo. Katakuri>King isgenerous enough. It should be Katakuri>Izo>King

Roronoa-sama

WB 1 shot King. No way Izo can even tickle Marco who is below WB lol.

Katakuri dodged Jinbei karate fishman attack, continued to dodged Bege's shotgun attack, continued to kick Luffy but got intercepted by Pedro's sword but that didn't stop Katakuri from pinning down Luffy.

Katakuri used his own body to tank G4. Ling got disarmed by veteran Izo. Katakuri>King isgenerous enough. It should be Katakuri>Izo>King
WB is first commander of Rock Crew
Jimbe can counter his attack because he control water

Best part is we should be getting spoilers for 990 by Tuesday/Wednesday like this week, and we should probably expect another no break for 991 because Jump has no scheduled breaks and Oda does 3-5 chapters before his personal break.
Post automatically merged:

Just a reminder. We're only 11 chapters short before reaching the 1,000th chapter.
Hoping Act 3 ends by 998 or 999 and we are in for some good reveals come chapter 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.