Nostalgic Thread

Here you can share things that you miss, that you used to do in the good old days.

I will list mine too. It's gonna be a long list:
- Wake up very early and watching all the Sunday morning cartoons in TV. And discussed them the next day in school. Digimon and Inuyasha were my favorites.
- Miss can't sleep at Saturday night, because got excited much with what will happen in those cartoons tomorrow.
- Playing hide and seek with my sister and my neighbors. Sometimes I hide so far that they replay the game without bothering to looking for me.
- When browsing in internet, specifically reading game walkthroughs, wasn't a regular thing to do. You played a game and found more secrets / optional characters / bonus dungeon etc, by some replaying and discussion with some classmates that play the same game, instead of just finding about them all via online walkthrough. (my fondest memory is collecting all 108 playable characters in Suikoden 2 after some replaying but without reading any guide @Cyrus the Cactus )
- Arguing which is better between Digimon and Pokemon with my sister. I argued for Digimon while she argued for Pokemon. On some other days, we will have a fantasy discussion "among all available pokemon / digimon, if you could choose 1 to keep in real life, who would it be".
- Borrowing Inuyasha comics in library near my school. Also borrowing VCDs too every weekends.
- All those good old street foods (siomay, ayam balado, ayam goreng, capcay jawa, etc) near my old home. They tasted godlike (they are history now, some of them already closed their stall, and some already passed away).
- When my mom picked me home from school (usually it's always my dad). Then she took me to supermarket and lunch first before going home.
- When my hometown was still filled with ricefields and ricefields everywhere. We had local fishing spot too. Now the fishing spot and most of ricefields are gone already, replaced by food vendors like coffee shops and bakery shops.
- Those days spent in MMORPG. Could spam dungeons all night long and slept when the sun rises.

Tagging some
@Guan Yu @mad monk @Arara @Tenshi No Konan @King7 @Shuyaku @TheAncientCenturion @Buusatan94 @Akai2 @Sentinel @Hades @Light D Lamperouge @Rosella.Fiamingo etc.

my brother and i used to always watch tv together after coming home from school we would watch cartoons for 3 hours now while we both share similar interests we aren’t watching things together we just watch the same things on our phones on different times.

i also miss running as a kid i used to be pretty fast and uncatchable but i was diagnosed with a heart disease so now i just can’t run without getting tired instantly i don’t remember running without getting tired after 3 seconds anymore

i wish i could go back in time and enjoy these things again...

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Nice thread.

I think what I miss the most is just being carefree and having no obligations, just going to school and homework. Now as an adult you gotta work, have obligations and all.

Watching cartoons as a child also. Waiting for them on TV. Now everything is available online and now, which is why I think it loses its charm a bit.

Oh damn.... There are a lot of things that I missed from the good old days... Alright, I'll list some of them...

1. Watching cartoons all day long on Sunday, from 04.30am until 12.30pm
2. Walking to school with friends
3. Going to friend's house without notice and just simply called out their names or knocking on their doors, but mostly just called their name loudly in front of their homes.
4. Playing football with friends in the afternoon and only come home only if parents searching for us or after the sky is getting dark.
5. When riding bicycle with friends, we pretends to be a MotoGP racers whenever we see a corner.
6. Herding sheep in a grasslands and riverbanks after school while playing kite or fishing with friends.
7. Swimming in the rivers with friends whenever the day is scorching hot.
8. During the watermelon harvest season, we often went to the farmers' fields by the beach to find watermelons that were not harvested because they were not feasible to be sold, and then ate it together.
9. Watching the legend of condor heroes with family, sometimes with neighbors too.
10. Doing homework at schools, only minutes before the class is started.
11. Calling friends using their father names. (Might not be funny or something ordinary for the westerners. But for us here, it was really fun because most of us here don't have any family names)
12. Playing Winning Eleven, Vigilantes, and Harvest Moon on PS1 rentals.
13. Using a nail or a wire to sustain my sandals when the straps are snapped.
14. Using pencils to roll up a radio cassette tapes.
15. Searching for mulberry in the fields that was used by farmers to breed the silkworms.
16. Going to Grandma's house on holidays.

1. Watching cartoons all day long on Sunday, from 04.30am until 12.30pm
:catsweat: You wake up at 4.30?? I only started the usual Sunday morning show at like 6.30 or 7 am..

2. Walking to school with friends
Miss this too.. But the opposite, walking from school at home...
Still remember that time when my school had an event in evening, and we went home together crossing town streets in the night like 8 pm... Good old days, nowadays it's rare seeing people going places walking..
You remember Persami? I used to hate it so much, but now remembering them wasn't so bad anymore

6. Herding sheep in a grasslands and riverbanks after school while playing kite or fishing with friends.
Wow herding sheep, I was afraid touching rabbit back then

8. During the watermelon harvest season, we often went to the farmers' fields by the beach to find watermelons that were not harvested because they were not feasible to be sold, and then ate it together.
Which beach? Gunung Kidul? Tepus?

11. Calling friends using their father names.
:myman:
Eddy!! Hari!! Ahok!! Agus!!

12. Playing Winning Eleven, Vigilantes, and Harvest Moon on PS1 rentals.
+ Crash Team Racing, Smackdown vs Raw (main yang bra and panties), Dynasty Warrior.

Harvest Moon :catsweat: Mayor Thomas, Saibara, Karen, Ellen, Stu
Which girl did you pick first? Karen or Elli?

13. Using a nail or a wire to sustain my sandals when the straps are snapped.
Pengiritan biar ga langsung beli baru :cheers:

15. Searching for mulberry in the fields that was used by farmers to breed the silkworms.
What is mulberry?

16. Going to Grandma's house on holidays.
I used to go to grandma's place too in Sundays. My aunt owned a Vcom there.

p.s.
si kntl ngisormu malah oot meneh

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
-Nokia 3310 ( my first phone ever):myman:,
Used to play Snake Xenzia a lot
haha same, that 3310 and 3410 were indestructible and snake was the best game !
I could call for 1H30 and sent 30 text messages (at that time it was a lot). But it was glorious

10. Doing homework at schools, only minutes before the class is started.
A great classic

- Wake up very early and watching all the Sunday morning cartoons in TV.
Same I watched Bleach, Pokemon, Shaman king or other animes/cartoons every Sunday morning.

Other nostalgia thing : going to my Karate training every weekend and my dad coming to pick me up.
Eating sandwich and ice cream at a store near my middle school with friends.

Last edited:
S

SinOfGreed

Love this thread lol. Brought back some good memories

• PS2 on some tiny Trinitron TV.
• Watching old cartoons like Yugioh, DBZ, Naruto, Shaman King, Galactik Football, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry etc.
• Some of the stuff on Tiny Pop was great when I was younger
• Nintendo DS, old school Pokemon (SOUL SILVER AND B/W)
• Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy
• Being obsessed with DBZ (especially the video games)
• Old school Tekken (3, Tag Tournament and 5)
• PS1 when I wasn't even able to understand what was going on properly lol
• Mid 2000's WWE
• Playing in the garden and just running around
• Flash games on the computer (Miniclip etc)
• Purble Place, Chess Titans (I don't know how to play chess lol) on the computer.

Etc etc. There's probably a bunch of stuff I have forgotten. But man this thread was great for looking back on some memories lol
:cheers:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I saw this quote yesterday and it kinda made me nostalgic
"Sometimes there's nothing to go back to but you still miss it so much"

Just think about my childhood like living in a small apartment with my family, walking to school in knee-deep snow, 8 am Spongebob reruns, figure skating lessons, going tobogganing with my parents, moving to a new country etc

Most of these I can still do and gotta say for the most part, life improved for the better, but the memories still makes me feels nostalgic.

Everyone talking about shows they watched as kids, if anyone has seen Crayon Shin-chan, Kodocha, Doraemon, hit me up. Those were my fav shows.

9. Watching the legend of condor heroes with family, sometimes with neighbors too.
lmao I watched this too with my family. I don't think I can sit through an episode now but I remember getting really into it when I was a kid