News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

Well that's the thing. Some people are saying this "juiciest part" is the end of the story itself.

I'm trying to understand what the point of this entire question is. Is Oda telling the reader that the original statement of five years is 100% fact or is he saying there's something else to it.

Like I've read two translations and it's really in in the air wording wise. That's why I'm just wondering what the point of this conversation even is
tbh i think its not in the air. its pretty clear hm, you see:

"By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure.
Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed"

"What is the One Piece?" once that is revealed, the juiciest part of Luffys adventure is over. The time Luffy finds the One Piece is in those 5 years. Thats when (the secret about the) "One Piece" is over.

But only because the OP has been discovered, doesnt mean the story ends. And thats where the war stuff and overthrowing of the government comes into play

tbh i think its not in the air. its pretty clear hm, you see:

"By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure.
Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed"

"What is the One Piece?" once that is revealed, the juiciest part of Luffys adventure is over. The time Luffy finds the One Piece is in those 5 years. Thats when (the secret about the) "One Piece" is over.

But only because the OP has been discovered, doesnt mean the story ends. And thats where the war stuff and overthrowing of the government comes into play
This is what I thought too but then people on twitter are saying it's just an epilogue.

Like the war ends in with the discovery of the one piece and luffy's adventure ending all in 5 years. Then after that there's like a 10 chapter epilogue or something. That's what some people are saying he means.

The problem is that he says after wano is the war. And people are taking it to mean the final war literally starts right after wano.

In people's minds it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war plus laugh tale
Few months of epilogue.

In my mind it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war SET UP plus laugh tale
3 years- final war
End

The wording of "final war after wano" is making people forget that wars require years of set up. They think after wano, we are jumping into another war with zero build up

This is what I thought too but then people on twitter are saying it's just an epilogue.

Like the war ends in with the discovery of the one piece and luffy's adventure ending all in 5 years. Then after that there's like a 10 chapter epilogue or something. That's what some people are saying he means.

The problem is that he says after wano is the war. And people are taking it to mean the final war literally starts right after wano.

In people's minds it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war plus laugh tale
Few months of epilogue.

In my mind it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war SET UP plus laugh tale
3 years- final war
End

The wording of "final war after wano" is making people forget that wars require years of set up. They think after wano, we are jumping into another war with zero build up
I wouldnt trust random people on twitter lol.

And Yes, your mind is right. And its not "in peoples mind" its, "in TWITTER peoples mind" ^^

Though i would say

2 years Wano end,

3 years for Elbaf, Laughtale and Roadstar
Post automatically merged:

It'd be really tiresome if we get straight into another war involving multiple factions after Wano. We need some breather, smaller arcs before.
Yes. And those will hopefully be Elbaf and Roadstar island coupled with maybe 1 more mini arc/reverie type mini intermezzo

Sabo will avenge his brother. Maybe Luffy will have a brief clash with Akainu and fuck him up with one hit before handing him off to Sabo
You can continue to dream big. This will make the downfall all the more hilarious. If anything, Sabo will be paired up with Fujitora the Admiral he had two confrontations with already.

I don't even have to go through all the reason why Luffy will fight Akainu because u know them yourself already.

Sabo killing Akainu for the sake of Revenge, a great message Oda will convey to his readers
:sabogood:

Credit to Kirosh from One piece reddit:
One Piece - Volume 97 SBS Megathread

Album :
For the Flying 6 :

NameHeightAgeFavorite food Sasaki318cm34 years oldAsparagusBlack Maria820cm29 years oldMitarashi DandanWho's Who336cm38 years oldCrab PaellaX Drake233cm33 years oldChicken RicePage One171cm20 years oldNachoUlti173cm22 years oldTwisted Potatoes

**Translated by Rainbow - TCB Scans + Etenboby WG Forum ** So a big thank you for those translations.
Boa Hancock cover (Miito, from Shiga)

D: Odacchi! Is it true that One Piece will end in 5 years? Even if that's the case, a public statement like that is really vexing for the fans! Many friends of mine who are fans burst into tears with this sudden announcement! I feel like shouting "How could you do this to us!?", but I don't want to stress you out. (P.N.: pari_bentham)

O: By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure. Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed. Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history. I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying righting Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!

D: Oda-sensei, the other day I ate the itchy-itchy fruit, model: crotch. It's really itchy. (P.N.: M Delusion)

O: Oookay, gotcha... moving on...

D: Here is the red-hot iron that you ordered. (Stage name: Katawa Shime)

O: Oh, so it's finally here! Winter is no more! Red-hot iron! Grabbing a bite of it seems like a good idea, right? Here we go! AAAHHHH, SO HOT!!!

Strawberry Marine cover (I💛OP, from Ishikawa)

D: Odacchi, a question! Who has the bigger head, Fukurokuju or vice-admiral Strawberry? (P.N.: KaiKai)

O: Look and see for yourself. It's vice-admiral Strawberry. It's said that his head grows more everytime he gets sad.

D: Lately we've seen many swords in their human forms. I'd like to see Luffy's straw hat in human form as well! (P.N.: Akimasa)

O: Alright, a new request. Since I'm a master at anthropomorphizations. Here it is, even with the cut it got from Buggy ages ago!

R: Oda sensei!! I have a question. Why do people despise the Kozuki clan in the current Wano country? Didn’t Shinobu cleared up the misunderstanding..?
from Y.U

O: People who believed in the Kozuki clan were all killed by Orochi and Kaido, and the kids are under the bad influence of the brainwash education, and the whole ambiance of the Capital falls under Orochi’s control. Pressure, brainwash, these things are also causing several kinds of problems in our world today. Scary!

Kinemon cover Kinemon: This design represents the meeting place. Momo: Wrong!! (Patrick, from Osaka)

D: Oda, I heard that a few months ago it was discovered that Page One's fruit model, the Spinosaur, actually swam in the ocean! I'm telling you this now, so you can-- wait, what!?!? You had already fixed it on chapter 983 to a tail with fins!?! Oh, c'mon! When I finally had some news to give... (P.N.: Yuchabin)

O: Oh, so you noticed it? Indeed, since Page One's introduction, they found a fossil part that is thought to be from a Spinosaur. And that changes his bone structure! I was caught in a bit of a pinch, but I thought I could sneakly change it and no one would notice, lol. Paleontology is making new discoveries every day!

D: The next person to join the Strawhat crew is actually me. (P.N.: Momo Daifuku)

O: Wait, really!? Such confidence... well, you are 12 afterall...

D: Rules are getting harsher all over the world, but I'm very grateful that there's no such thing here. By the way, is it okay if I sniff Nami's used towel? Her ninja outfit is so small, I worry about her. (P.N.: Sanadacchi)

O: Sanada!! Guards, come quick! Why did you let him in? Haven't I told you to kick him out already? There ARE rules here! One perv comment and you're out! This is a family corner here! Now begone, you!

Orochi cover(Anon, from Tokyo)

D: Please tell me the names and heights of the Oniwabanshu members! (P.N.: Crying Kyoshiro)

O: Sure thing. Don't worry if you can't memorize them. I threw in their special attacks too for good measure.

Left-to-right, Top-to-bottom

• Fukurokuju: 221cm, "Earlobe Cracker"
  • Daikou: 436cm, "Metamorphosis"
  • Hanzou: 544cm, "Floating"
  • Sarutobi: 378cm, "Illusion"
  • Kazekage: 192cm, "Summoning"
  • Jigoku Benten: 225cm, "Silent Gun"
  • Fujin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
  • Raijin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
  • Bishamon: 182cm, "Water Droplet"
  • Chome: 150cm, "Paralysis"
  • Yazaemon: 180cm, "Arrow"
D: Orochi has 2 really long teeth, doesn't that make it hard to eat? Please ask him for me!

O: Indeed, let's ask him. Shogun Orochi, how is it?

Orochi: Not at all! Chomp chomp chomp! See!?

O: Not at all, it seems!

Momo & Tama cover (Boss Kai, from Tochigi)

D: Can Gifters change at will between their human and animal forms? Or does it depend on the fruit? (P.N.: Kenkichi)

O: It depends on the fruit. SMILEs are human-crafter devil fruits, so it's all sorts of unstable. Although all of them get the power of beasts, some of them get stuck in that form and have to put up with it (such as quarreling with a lion on their belly, or being eaten by a hippo). Some SMILE user get really powerful transformations, but it's really a gamble.

D: What!? Nobody wants to see Sanji in his 40's and 60's? Well, I get to ask now! Please draw what Chopper would look like in the future! (P.N.: 420-Land)

O: Are you ready? Here it is:

Age 40 Chopper: Leave it to me! Age 60 Chopper: Here it is, this will work on whatever you have.

A future where something goes awry.

Age 40 Chopper: Strawhats? Don't you dare mention that name again to me! Age 60 Chopper: Bring in the sacrifice, now

3 years for Elbaf, Laughtale and Roadstar
Yeah I was counting Elbaf and even Laugh tape as SET UP for the final war. Since the one piece itself is the ignition of the war itself

I said 2 years because I think the first year of that original 5 year prediction has passed

That original five year thing was around the end of last year so by now I think the first year of that prediction is over. Now we have four years left

Yeah I was counting Elbaf and even Laugh tape as SET UP for the final war. Since the one piece itself is the ignition of the war itself

I said 2 years because I think the first year of that original 5 year prediction has passed

That original five year thing was around the end of last year so by now I think the first year of that prediction is over. Now we have four years left
oda said like last week that its still 4-5 years. so he misscalculated by about half a year already lol

You can continue to dream big. This will make the downfall all the more hilarious. If anything, Sabo will be paired up with Fujitora the Admiral he had two confrontations with already.

I don't even have to go through all the reason why Luffy will fight Akainu because u know them yourself already.

Sabo killing Akainu for the sake of Revenge, a great message Oda will convey to his readers
:sabogood:
Fujitora isn’t even gonna be helping the WG in the final war. Sabo, the future leader of the RA, will take down Fleet Admiral Akainu in order to avenge his brother. Do you really think that it’s a coincidence that the very first time Sabo ever got mentioned was right after Akainu put a hole in Ace?