News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

HOL UP

Your telling me Oda casually skips over Sanji, and gived us old Chopper.

Erm....Chileeee

Yikes....does that....mean.....Sanji dead theory coming true:whitepress:

I considered that but someone pointed out that Oda had no trouble showing us how Ace would have looked even though he is dead.

I'm now speculating that Sanji will undergo some physical transformation that will have to do with future story development so Oda can't reveal it yet :zorothink:

Someone pointed out that in the past Oda said there will be a character with an eyepatch. So maybe

:milaugh:

I considered that but someone pointed out that Oda had no trouble showing us how Ace would have looked even though he is dead.

I'm now speculating that Sanji will undergo some physical transformation that will have to do with future story development so Oda can't reveal it yet :zorothink:

Someone pointed out that in the past Oda said there will be a character with an eyepatch. So maybe

:milaugh:
Yh Oda loves his Sanji mysteries :namiriously:

But atleast Sanji is gonna be relevant again for something big:stealthblack:

Yh Oda loves his Sanji mysteries :namiriously:

But atleast Sanji is gonna be relevant again for something big:stealthblack:
Yeah, it doesn't sit well with Oda if he solves a bunch of Sanji related stuff, and readers are not left with much to wonder about.

He always wants to put something out there about Sanji that people can question where it's going to go :milaugh:

This is what I thought too but then people on twitter are saying it's just an epilogue.

Like the war ends in with the discovery of the one piece and luffy's adventure ending all in 5 years. Then after that there's like a 10 chapter epilogue or something. That's what some people are saying he means.

The problem is that he says after wano is the war. And people are taking it to mean the final war literally starts right after wano.

In people's minds it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war plus laugh tale
Few months of epilogue.

In my mind it's like
2 years- wano ends
2 years- final war SET UP plus laugh tale
3 years- final war
End

The wording of "final war after wano" is making people forget that wars require years of set up. They think after wano, we are jumping into another war with zero build up
Its funny that people (on twitter) think this, when specifically Whitebeard and Roger have specified that One Piece (and timing of the birth of Poseidon at least) is central to even challenging the World Government.

Roger found one piece, but couldn't live long enough to wait. This is why he told people to go find OP. This is why Whitebeard, with his dying breath, tells Teach that someone will find one piece (not him), and as a result shake the world and challenge it.

It MUST come after finding One Piece, so by default, Luffy challenging the WG must come after his "most interesting story ends" or "learning what One Piece" is. Aka, that won't happen for at least 5 years.

Do I see the war actually starting before that? Sure. Do I see Luffy being involved before becoming PK? No. People will acknowledge he is PK after he brings what "The One Piece" offers to the war. I feel like that is being made abundantly clear by Whitebeard and Roger's dialogue.

Oda is simply just elaborating on that in this SBS, and quelling fears that "no, the story isn't over in 5 years, just what I perceive to be Luffy's full journey as a pirate with a crew".

Fujitora isn’t even gonna be helping the WG in the final war. Sabo, the future leader of the RA, will take down Fleet Admiral Akainu in order to avenge his brother. Do you really think that it’s a coincidence that the very first time Sabo ever got mentioned was right after Akainu put a hole in Ace?
Fujitora is a Marine through and through, a close friend and comrade of Akainu. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he'll straight up betray him and join the other side. His thing was always to change things from within the system. If he confronts the WG then as a Marine, not fucking revolutionary or Luffy cheerleader.

We both can't know the future position of WG/Marines, so there's no point in throwing our Headcanon's around.

It is a coincidence and the fact remains that Luffy has a 100 times more logical reasons to fight Akainu, the man who murdered his brother in front of him, then Sabo.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
sanji will have a physical apparence change that will happen either in wano or final war so oda is holding off on showing him and ruining the suprise

Black Maria
820cm
29 years old
Mitarashi Dandan
Practically Yamato's age, so be it. Makes me question where Kaido obtained this horned girl. Glad to know Jack (830 cm) stands proud as the tallest beast pirate. Jack is #1 baby. On another note, Kaido tapping a girl the same age as his son/daughter is something I don't wish to see anymore!
Page One
171cm
20 years old
Nacho

Ulti
173cm
22 years old
Twisted Potatoes
They are so young compared to the rest! Props for climbing up to such a rank at their age. Those food choices are adorable, exactly the junk food palette of a couple of kids.
D: Odacchi! Is it true that One Piece will end in 5 years? Even if that's the case, a public statement like that is really vexing for the fans! Many friends of mine who are fans burst into tears with this sudden announcement! I feel like shouting "How could you do this to us!?", but I don't want to stress you out. (P.N.: pari_bentham)

O: By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure. Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed. Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history. I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying righting Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!
So it's ending in 5 years, but not really. Wano --> Laugh Tale is the 5 years. The final war Whitebeard talked about that will involve the entire world could be another year, maybe 2, maybe it goes out of control like Naruto's final war.

I personally believe Oda wants to finish by the 30th anniversary, in 7 years. The 5 years think is just a mechanism to keep his mind on track and not wander off on a tangent that extends the series again.

I am relieved. Another year of Wano, 2-3 of Elbaf or Blackbeard, 1 year reaching Laugh Tale. Then the final war, then the epilogue with the Strawhats achieving their dreams. It all sounds pretty reasonable.

D: Odacchi, a question! Who has the bigger head, Fukurokuju or vice-admiral Strawberry? (P.N.: KaiKai)

O: Look and see for yourself. It's vice-admiral Strawberry. It's said that his head grows more everytime he gets sad.
Fukurokuju is amateur hour. You expect him to challenge a legend like Strawberry? Bring in the big guns, bring in Chinjao!

• Fukurokuju: 221cm, "Earlobe Cracker"
  • Daikou: 436cm, "Metamorphosis"
  • Hanzou: 544cm, "Floating"
  • Sarutobi: 378cm, "Illusion"
  • Kazekage: 192cm, "Summoning"
  • Jigoku Benten: 225cm, "Silent Gun"
  • Fujin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
  • Raijin: 200cm, "Oil Wrestling"
  • Bishamon: 182cm, "Water Droplet"
  • Chome: 150cm, "Paralysis"
  • Yazaemon: 180cm, "Arrow"
Well I hope Treasure Cruise follows up on these "specials". Oda like Kishimoto loves to pull his ninja names from lore. Jigoku Benten is my favorite one here, and the best Oniwabanshu with her gun-biwa. Fukurokuju, despite his elongated head, amounts to relatively average height so his body itself is on the short side.
D: On volume 96 you introduced the main members of the Roger Pirates, and one character in particular you called Nozdon, but he had already been introduced on BLUE DEEP as Seagull. Now I can only think of him as Seagull... what do I do? (P.N.: Marine Captain Tobbi Ota)

O: Wait, what?! ....ohh, him? Ahh, heheh. Seagull Guns Nozdon, you mean? Yes, yes. Y-You can call him by whichever name you prefer... or even forget him outright. It's up to you.
Okay, so his name is Guns then.
D: Can Gifters change at will between their human and animal forms? Or does it depend on the fruit? (P.N.: Kenkichi)

O: It depends on the fruit. SMILEs are human-crafter devil fruits, so it's all sorts of unstable. Although all of them get the power of beasts, some of them get stuck in that form and have to put up with it (such as quarreling with a lion on their belly, or being eaten by a hippo). Some SMILE user get really powerful transformations, but it's really a gamble.
I definitely called this one. If the Zoan and hybrid form get botched, why not the ability to transform as well? Sarahebi can transform, Dobon and Holdem cannot. SMILE are not just partial Zoan powers. They can mess up in every conceivable way.

D: What!? Nobody wants to see Sanji in his 40's and 60's? Well, I get to ask now! Please draw what Chopper would look like in the future! (P.N.: 420-Land)

O: Are you ready? Here it is:

Age 40 Chopper: Leave it to me! Age 60 Chopper: Here it is, this will work on whatever you have.

A future where something goes awry.

Age 40 Chopper: Strawhats? Don't you dare mention that name again to me! Age 60 Chopper: Bring in the sacrifice, now
R.I.P. Sanji. Sanji turning into Judge is the biggest of spoilers. Bad Chopper turns out to be one very evil reindeer mink that lives as long as any human, but I dig his look very much. We need Sulong Chopper design concepts. I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly did Luffy do to make him so bitter and wicked and put him in this timeline?

- Nothing about his mother and Sora the Hero link
- Nothing about the curly eyebrow
- Nothing about Vegapunk or the Drug that affected Sanji

Sure....."Everything"
I asked how is he the most mysterious SH? No what mysteries are left to find out about Sanji?

:choppawhat:

Also no one cares about The Mystery of his curly eyebrows LOL

But since we're in a new topic of debate, lets make a poll see what "The People" think

I asked how is he the most mysterious SH? No what mysteries are left to find out about Sanji?

But since we're in a new topic of debate, lets make a poll see what "The People" think
You also said "Oda explained everything about him in WCI"....prompting me to show what he hasnt explained. Keep up

"No cares....."
D: Why does Sanji-san's eyebrow curl up at the end? Is it for fashion? Make it clear!!

O: Hey!! You there, sit down!! Now listen!! Everyone lives in circles!! The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth all spin in circles!! And!! If the Earth suddenly stopped spinning!! The planet would be covered in tidal waves!! It would be terrible!! Now remember that Sanji's eyebrow channels that same powerful circular energy!! Reflect upon this!! You may go!!
We have yet to see Judge's eyebrows....nor an explanation of why the Vinsmoke eyebrows are like that....and if it has anything to do with modifications.

I don't know about most mysterious, but Oda certainly likes to introduce new Sanji related stuff that we don't quite know where he's going with. Just couple of arcs ago we had the only alive thing with the Wanted Posters and us not really knowing why that's a thing until we got to Zou and started to learn about what we were going to explore in the next arc.

You also said "Oda explained everything about him in WCI"....prompting me to show what he hasnt explained. Keep up

"No cares....."

We have yet to see Judge's eyebrows....nor an explanation of why the Vinsmoke eyebrows are like that....and if it has anything to do with modifications.
My bad, I forgot how relevant Sanji's eyebrows were to his actual character

"No cares....."

Judges Eye Brows is his actual hair. Literally. His eyebrows are so bushy and long that he just folds them back to make hair. This is why Oda never showed Judges forehead lol

I don't remember were i read this theory about Queen's Plague doing something to blind Sanji and forcing him to evolve his CoO to fight him.

How crazy would it be if Sanji actually goes blind for good like Fujitora. It would make it so that now that he has the RS he wanted to use to see naked women, he can't because he lost his eyesight.

Tbh blind Sanji could make for some golden character development if Oda handled it properly :hope: