Current Events It's confirmed, Wano won't be easy victory for Luffy side

Yeah of course it won't be easy. The moment the heavy weights start swinging that's when the real shit happens.

It's like enies lobby, it was more or less a walk on the park until the straw hats faced the CP9 members.

So here there is a little bit more danger because there are more relevant fighters but the real thing for the straw hats start when calamities, Tobi roppo and Kaido really start moving. And that's when the straw hats and some of their allies will also get serious giving us high diff and extreme diff fights.

I think when Luffy and Zoro arrive on the roof (~roughly 4-5 chapters?) they will find the scabbards defeated by Kaido and that will change the overall tone of the arc.
I believe almost all flying 6 should be defeated by Volume 98.

The only way complete defeat of the alliance happens is if this entire 4-5 year stuff is complete nonsense.

Credits to Greg himself:
Greg:

Folks.
...folks.
Unless Oda breaks his own rules (which I'd love for him to do) and sacred rules of shonen action (also love to see it) and the fundamental element of any heroic story, you ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to what Kaido's side offers.

"But it seems like the Strawhats are winning!"

Congratulations Oda. You fooled another. No. That is not how these work. I told my YouTube followers way back, I was baffled how Oda could balance this in Kaido's favor. I still am. Well...I have a few ideas but! The point is...

It's going to turn in Kaido's favor. It *has* to. If it doesn't, Luffy's victory is hollow. They simply steam-rolled through this impossible force. And that aside, that's just not how you tell a story. Or a good one at least. Think about every victory Luffy has had.

It was ALWAYS when the odds against him and the stakes were at their highest. Even when they one-shotted the entire New Fishman Pirate Crew, the threat of Noah loomed.

Something will occur that turns the odds against the alliance.

Forget that we haven't seen Awakened King, Queen, and Jack. We haven't seen Awakened *Kaido*. Or even if any of the Tobiroppo can do it.

The Numbers are all muscle. They're the reason the common folk can't stand against Kaido. They can be used as a wall to hold back fodder, and also a benchmark for the advcncement of our crew.

No, I don't believe this will be an easy victory. I don't know if it will be the euphoric 1v1 paradise I once dreamed of, but the alliance will not cruise to victory. And anyone who acts surprised when the tables turn, well... Read more One Piece??

If it's five acts, I see this plan ending in defeat but forcing Kaido to move to the capital. But for that to happen, the crew must pick themselves up and move there. If that happens, Oda has a lot of momentum to rebuild. If he was taking his sweet time, I wouldn't doubt it.

Question by a Fan to Greg: Do you think there's any chance for a character from the alliance side to die or the promised big party at the end cancel the possibility of it happening? Rereading Wano I found what could be a loophole for Oda to use in case of "present" deaths, but idk.

Greg's Answer: Yes, I've been saying this forever (^○^)

Source:
The alliance is gonna fail in act 3, it is possible that Drake is gonna die in act 3 not to mention the scabbards who will die first

Well guys no Yonko clash can be easy for two guys who just learned advanced haki

Regardless we know they are going down

And Oda is contributing with his PIS Godhand

Um, Greg is not Oda. But act 3s usually end in tragedy. So something bad will happen.

How are they currently "getting bodied by Jack", when Samurais haven't even lifted a finger? You literally got 1 panel of Jack slamming his trunk against some fodder mink, and all of a sudden Jack is bodying everyone, when he is heavily wounded.

The alliance is overwhelmingly winning this battle so far. Oda has made that clear. Something will happen soon to change that.
What are they overwhelmingly winning?
Beating a few fodder ?

The Minks are the alliances strongest unit of fighters. 200-300 men strong. The Musketeers/Guardians told the Dukes to stay away and conserve their strength, but in the end they had to jump in regardless, meaning the force supposed to take down Jack was defeated. Now the two strongest scabbards have too waste strength before Kaidou even lifted a finger, and that's Jack not having shown his all yet while the Dukes already use their trump card.

How can u read this and think that the alliance is overwhelming them ?

All of the F6 have not even engaged in battle, nor did King/Queen.

The alliance is pretty fucked already.

1. Base form
2. Zoan form
3. Hybrid form
4. Awakened zoan form
5. AWAKENED HYBRID FORM

Joke aside im very happy if we get a awakened zoan form, it is a mixup of both(hybird+zoan) if we look to Chopper monster point and the beast guards of impel down.
The Minks are the alliances strongest unit of fighters. 200-300 men strong. The Musketeers/Guardians told the Dukes to stay away and conserve their strength, but in the end they had to jump in regardless, meaning the force supposed to take down Jack was defeated. Now the two strongest scabbards have too waste strength before Kaidou even lifted a finger, and that's Jack not having shown his all yet while the Dukes already use their trump card.
And these 200-300 Sulong Minks where stronger then Diamante/Trebol/Kyros if we count the fact how insane the gap became of a base Mink and Sulong Mink and Jack single handly them well Gifters and Nangi get stomped badly, only Jack was the beast who take them out.
That is a insane feat and Jack is just the third calamity, imagine him beating Sulong Inu and Sulong Neko, the Sulong Army was supposed to take very large army of Kaido and give the chance for the alliance the win the war and they basically already handle by Jack alone.

All of the F6 have not even engaged in battle, nor did King/Queen.
And now imagine Greg and my theory coming true with King,Queen,Jack and some flyers(WsW) could use awakened new form who make them even stronger? The alliance gonna get massive problems and that without Big mom and her crew beeing their...

The alliance is pretty fucked already.
To make it interesting Oda take back Big mom and her crew, so the alliance get some clash panels until they get later fucked up. If the Navy don´t coming to the arc, their is noway the alliance can take at Kaido and Big mom together.....

That we Chopper monster point and awakenend impel down users, Greg had already this though years ago. Since that he speak about one piece and meet Oda Multiple times, Greg has some intel on the manga who even Toei didn't have. We speak about a guy who get invite to Oda Party and could read three chapters(955/956/957) before we getting them. I know he right now "guesting" but im also sure their lies the truth about his post with the awakened "guesting".

@Tejas
You though about awakenend Calamity and Flyers speculation? Do you agree with Greg?
Just because you're a staff of the author, that doesn't mean your guesswork will be valid or infallible. A Toei staff thinking Ryu Commander is the "sixth" Kyuranger is the perfect example of this.

Just because you're a staff of the author, that doesn't mean your guesswork will be valid or infallible. A Toei staff thinking Ryu Commander is the "sixth" Kyuranger is the perfect example of this.
Greg has a great contact with the editors and Oda himself, as I said he work with them together, he is close to their buisness and Toei show several times already stuff with we manga user didn´t even know yet because they working together with Oda to make the wano arc great. I don´t understand the Ryu commander stuff, Oda and Toei is different then some other dude have a connection with Toei. And again Greg is then even more different since he is really close to Oda and co, as I said Greg should know stuffs with we even don´t know.

Greg has a great contact with the editors and Oda himself, as I said he work with them together, he is close to their buisness and Toei show several times already stuff with we manga user didn´t even know yet because they working together with Oda to make the wano arc great. I don´t understand the Ryu commander stuff, Oda and Toei is different then some other dude have a connection with Toei. And again Greg is then even more different since he is really close to Oda and co, as I said Greg should know stuffs with we even don´t know.
I'm not saying Greg is wrong, but until there's further information, this isn't confirmation. This "other dude" is a producer for some of Toei's Tokusatsu shows and had minimum involvement in Kyuranger's production.

I'm not saying Greg is wrong, but until there's further information, this isn't confirmation. This "other dude" is a producer for some of Toei's Tokusatsu shows and had minimum involvement in Kyuranger's production.
But it is still two different things bro.
Let say Sentinel is Oda and I have connected with him and talking stuff about One piece where I kinda get spoilers/stuff with usually fans or even toei only get later. Different to other stuffs who doesn´t have to do with my own stuff.

I know you want be sure and don´t hype up stuffs, can understand it and we kinda really wait for later, but something telling me that Zoan awakenend power could shown soon.

Could it be intended as Trafalgar Law?

I believe the time for him to sacrifice himself will come, probably for Luffy's sake in order to save his life from the strain of his DF or an heavy injury

However this time isn't yet the one in my opinion
I think Law could go, but I don’t know who would inherit his will, he’s got no brothers or sisters. It might be one of the minks. They are fighters who would do all they can for the Kozuki Clan, taking hits for their allies. If Neko lost his arm, then I think it’s possible that someone is willing to lose their life.

I recall Greg tweeted that Wano was not necessarily following the Kabuki five acts structure :kayneshrug:

Could it be intended as Trafalgar Law?

I believe the time for him to sacrifice himself will come, probably for Luffy's sake in order to save his life from the strain of his DF or an heavy injury

However this time isn't yet the one in my opinion
I don't think Oda would kill Law considering his insane popularity and millions of fan girls would scream in agony :zehaha:

I recall Greg tweeted that Wano was not necessarily following the Kabuki five acts structure
Who knows can happen too, the thing about Wano is that the point where Oda is leading is still unclear, im sure Greg has not much information about the whole arc, but when it comes to small details as awakening of Zoans who now is a question for years, yeah I can see Greg talking about this stuff with Oda. I don´t know what is Oda planning for Wano, if he actually make only 3-4acts, I could see it too, why not it is Oda who can make his own story, so even in this one Greg isn´t really wrong.

The fact that kaido negged him casually while drunk and while luffy was going all out should be an indicator that he wont. This isnt fairy tail.
He one shot Oden, plot mechanisms don't matter for serious end of arc fights.
Luffy couldn't DAMAGE Kaido, and wasn't using Future sight due to PIS rage.
Now Luffy has skipped past being able to damage, to unlocking a rare form of haki only he on the island has.
Luffy has fought Kaido in base and is confident he can beat him now, Luffy right now can beat base Kaido 1vs1, Hybrid Kaido is another matter entirely.