I like Wano. It’s not amazing, but it been pretty decent for a post time skip arc.
I have my complaints about Wano but it's far from being the worst thing. Imo the main problem currently are the breaks. I'm willing to give Oda a pass for the previous off screen fights if he gives us some good ones later. Same for Kaido being a shitty jobber, if he smashes the scabbards soon it is okay. Nothing truly irredeemable yet.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I completely understand your perspective on the sudden announcement. Following long running series has its frustrations. It's a really unhealthy way of life for the author, and always results in enjoyment diminishing returns for long time readers. Hang in there fam....just like Frank is hanging in your avy :usoprice: (I'd like to know the backstory of why Devito is being hung by a sexy Japanese schoolgirl but I'm lowkey scared to ask!)

Love you bro :cheers:
:sweat::blush::amazing::myman:

I’m kinda surprised nobody here has seen Battle Royale, it’s basically the Hunger Games before the American version ever came out...the Japanese government puts a bunch of teenagers on a desolate island and they have to fight to the death to get off it. Very bloody thriller, but far superior to the corresponding knockoff books I mentioned before. Haven’t watched it in a while, but this avy REALLY makes me wanna give it another viewing :goyea:

This has been an issue on reddit, Twitter etc. for a while now.

If you don't worship Oda with your pants down & cock out, the Goda-truthers will come after you.

If you even dare to (rightfully) criticize some of his writing, I'm actually convinced some of those fanatics would really think about kiling you, if they had the chance to.
See, I defend the author when it comes to actually deserving some respect for the series he's given us for this long, but holy fuck.....the writing is not award winning lmao.

Its why I'm here and AP only, even if the toxicity has absolute issues here.

someone tell me one good reason why bm should be in wano.
If her and her crew were more involved in the actual fighting, I'd actually say she has a good reason lol...but

Idk, I'm waiting to see what happens there with Perospero and Marco. If Perospero somehow brought the entire crew with him, their role is saved for me this arc. Depends on if Oda plans to have them fall.

The one who is most fucked up because of this breaks aren't we manga reader, it is Toei and the anime studio. They are already close to the manga(30-40chapter difference), with mean they will even put more filler into the next episodes. Actually a bad sign, I hope Toei didn't get problems for later and manage to make solid episode but seeing how they already drag the shit out of each chapter, I have really bad fear for the anime.

you guys extremely confuse his comments about Wano and the Final War.

He said for the Final War he'd make Marineford look like child's play

He said for Wano he will make Luffy fight the greatest enemy he's ever faced and it may have something to do with Whitebeard.

Look up the interviews please, im tired of explaining this to people who literally have their expectations backwards.
He said it about Wano before mentioning the final war.

The one who is most fucked up because of this breaks aren't we manga reader, it is Toei and the anime studio. They are already close to the manga(30-40chapter difference), with mean they will even put more filler into the next episodes. Actually a bad sign, I hope Toei didn't get problems for later and manage to make solid episode but seeing how they already drag the shit out of each chapter, I have really bad fear for the anime.
That’s 50 episodes ish

See, I defend the author when it comes to actually deserving some respect for the series he's given us for this long, but holy fuck.....the writing is not award winning lmao.

Its why I'm here and AP only, even if the toxicity has absolute issues here.
That's what a lot of fans seemingly can't accept.

OP is a well-written series for shonen standards. It also makes a lot of fun to read and has some definite strengths (worldbuilding etc.).

However, it is NOT some never-seen-before masterpiece of storywriting, like some would like it to be.

Even in its own genre (shonen) there are a few series, that have superb writing in many categories.

OP is a well-written series for shonen standards. It also makes a lot of fun to read and has some definite strengths (worldbuilding etc.).

However, it is NOT some never-seen-before masterpiece of storywriting, like some would like it to be.

Even in its own genre (shonen) there are a few series, that have superb writing in many categories.
Not really. What Oda is doing is about as complex as an actual novel and people get mad because it's not goku training and then shooting a bigger laser with bigger hair at a bigger bad guy. It's genuinely crazy how much of the criticism is literally "I wish it was simpler and I saw more fights" lmao

Agreed, it is equally annoying to see people put series like Berserk, Vinland saga or Vagabond as the best thing to exist in fiction and use their supposed "superior tastes" as stans of these series to deride the other one's, when in actuality the series in question don't hold a candle to some of the ACTUAL best pieces of fiction in existence.

Not really. What Oda is doing is about as complex as an actual novel and people get mad because it's not goku training and then shooting a bigger laser with bigger hair at a bigger bad guy. It's genuinely crazy how much of the criticism is literally "I wish it was simpler and I saw more fights" lmao
Most of us haven't watched Goku, I certainly didn't. I watched Naruto and skipped it cuz of plot issues, I watched Bleach but yet again skipped it because of plot issues, I like hunter x hunter but haven't read a lot of chapters because I don't think it will ever end (sad😔). One Piece is the only manga/anime that haven't fully skipped yet, I do think that one piece is done as storytelling but the former glory kips me here to find out the ending, but if Oda continues to ruin one piece I might skip it forever. What you guys don't understand is that the ones who criticize Oda are the ones who have high standards for one piece. It was masterpiece (for manga of course) back in pre-timskip and we want it back. We don't like what's going on post-timskip.