General & Others Zoro disagrees with Luffy MOST in the crew

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don't know why people are comparing Zoro's sacrifice and Sanji's desires to repay Zeff. They are two different stages in their development. Zoro's character flaw was his single mindedness, with Luffy but a means to an end. His sacrifice for Luffy was the end result of his development. Sanji felt a sense of gratitude to Zeff. He couldn't leave Zeff as he viewed that a selfish endeavor. Seeing how far Luffy and Zoro would go for their ambitions at the time was only there to remind him there's something admirable to the romanticism. And Zeff could see Luffy reignited the fire Sanji tried to repress.

I don't know why people are comparing Zoro's sacrifice and Sanji's desires to repay Zeff. They are two different stages in their development. Zoro's character flaw was his single mindedness, with Luffy but a means to an end. His sacrifice for Luffy was the end result of his development. Sanji felt a sense of gratitude to Zeff. He couldn't leave Zeff as he viewed that a selfish endeavor. Seeing how far Luffy and Zoro would go for their ambitions at the time was only there to remind him there's something admirable to the romanticism. And Zeff could see Luffy reignited the fire Sanji tried to repress.
We are comparing it because people believe the stupid notion that Sanji doesnt care about his dreams. And that they arent as important to him...as Zoro wanting to be WSS is important to him.

Sure gratitude and sacrifice are two different things. But at the end of the day they both sacrificed their dreams for someone....

People choose to ignore this, and they also ignore how Kid Sanji was willing to die for his dream. And then claim Sanji doesnt really have an ambition.
Post automatically merged:

Neither Zoro or Sanji are definitions of a good captain. Zoro is a mature character with wisdom and strength. However, he lacks in the area of leadership and having the ability to make large groups follow him (Barto Club is not included :D), while Sanji has the personality of a leader, but lacks in decisiveness and strength department. Zoro is a better conqueror, Sanji is a better king. I would want Zoro to fight the battle for a nation, but Sanji is better suited to rule a nation. A captain needs to have qualities of both, which Luffy has.
Erm....what ? Lacks strength ? Post timeskip Zoro only has one DC feat above Sanji lmao. Zoro gets mauled by Sanji in every other stat.

Lacks strength you know....

Zoro is the lone wolf Mihawk type....hes never led anyone, nor will ever. Because he always runs away and fights by himself. He doesnt lead.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
We are comparing it because people believe the stupid notion that Sanji doesnt care about his dreams. And that they arent as important to him...as Zoro wanting to be WSS is important to him.

Sure gratitude and sacrifice are two different things. But at the end of the day they both sacrificed their dreams for someone....

People choose to ignore this, and they also ignore how Kid Sanji was willing to die for his dream. And then claim Sanji doesnt really have an ambition.
I agree with the bolded part.
Zoro is the lone wolf Mihawk type....hes never led anyone, nor will ever. Because he always runs away and fights by himself. He doesnt lead.
And then you go perform what you just preached against. Ignoring things to suite your arguments. Zoro has led and he is not a lone wolf like Mihawk. At least not anymore. Otherwise, he wouldn't still be part of the crew or sacrificing himself for Luffy.

Just some acts of leadership off the top of my head was leading the Franky family during Enies Lobby.
Telling the others not to interfere in Luffy's fight against Lucci.
Directing the others against Oars.
Convincing the Samurai and Issho to help push the Birdcage.

The only distinction between Zoro and Sanji is that Zoro hasn't had an official position as leader like Sanji, who was the acting Captain for half of the crew.

Just some acts of leadership off the top of my head was leading the Franky family during Enies Lobby.
Telling the others not to interfere in Luffy's fight against Lucci.
Directing the others against Oars.
Convincing the Samurai and Issho to help push the Birdcage.
When did he lead the Franky faimly. At best they just ran after him when he ran in a direction.

The rest isnt leading....its telling people what to do in random situations.

In my opinion leading is giving the orders and protecting people throughout an entire plotline or sideplotline. Something consistent....not some one of thing.

When did he lead the Franky faimly. At best they just ran after him when he ran in a direction.

The rest isnt leading....its telling people what to do in random situations.

In my opinion leading is giving the orders and protecting people throughout an entire plotline or sideplotline. Something consistent....not some one of thing.
Would you like for me to provide you all of Zoro’s times he’s lead not only the crew but other people ??

Also you have to take into account his personality, which even stated by Sandman :

Chapter 939 shows Oda’s wisdom because not only the title but also Zoro's line is based on a proverb. Zoro stops worrying about comrades, saying ship won’t go forward with too many captains.. It is based on Japanese proverb, "Too many captains cause a ship to climb up a mountain

Would you like for me to provide you all of Zoro’s times he’s lead not only the crew but other people ??
Go on. If they can match my definition then fine go on.

Also you have to take into account his personality, which even stated by Sandman :

Chapter 939 shows Oda’s wisdom because not only the title but also Zoro's line is based on a proverb. Zoro stops worrying about comrades, saying ship won’t go forward with too many captains.. It is based on Japanese proverb, "Too many captains cause a ship to climb up a mountain
Yet Sanji still lead him, Brook and Kinemon in PH. And theres no denying that.

wtf does that even mean? Who did he snitch to?

Sanji is kind of a Yes Man though, even though inately he disagreed with Usopp coming in too, just because he doesn't have qualities of a leader, Zoro had to be the one to act up and then Sanji just agreed.

Although Sanji is inherently a follower so that makes sense
a follower?

sanji is ordering nami,ceaser is talking to sanji as if he’s in charge and bege is staring at sanji

sanji is leading the MARINES

duval is calling him young master so duval views himself as subordinate to sanji and helps the crew in shapody and helps keeping the sunny safe

a follower?

sanji is ordering nami,ceaser is talking to sanji as if he’s in charge and bege is staring at sanji

sanji is leading the MARINES

duval is calling him young master so duval views himself as subordinate to sanji and helps the crew in shapody and helps keeping the sunny safe
No point debating with them. They know Zoro hadnt led anyone. He damn well cant even lead himself in a straight line. Theyre just jealous.

Sanji used to be the second-in comand of the Baratie. He's had years of experience being Zeff's right hand man. He's been leading the people of the Baratie for a long time.

He had people crying for him left and right in his first arc.

Dude is hella charismatic. Defintely on Luffy lvl with the way everyone follows him and loves him.

Latest chapter defintely ruffled some feathers.

How Luffy reacts to the mid trio

How Luffy reacts to his right hand man and vice captain

Zoro disagrees most with Luffy...because he understands Luffy the least.

Last edited:
No point debating with them. They know Zoro hadnt led anyone. He damn well cant even lead himself in a straight line. Theyre just jealous.

Sanji used to be the second-in comand of the Baratie. He's had years of experience being Zeff's right hand man. He's been leading the people of the Baratie for a long time.

He had people crying for him left and right in his first arc.

Dude is hella charismatic. Defintely on Luffy lvl with the way everyone follows him and loves him.

Latest chapter defintely ruffled some feathers.

How Luffy reacts to the mid trio

How Luffy reacts to his right hand man and vice captain

Zoro disagrees most with Luffy...because he understands Luffy the least.

When the captain of SHP and "vice captain" sanji have to be taught on how to become a proper pirate. :usoprice:

Go on. If they can match my definition then fine go on.

Yet Sanji still lead him, Brook and Kinemon in PH. And theres no denying that.
Sanji didnt lead them … its literally called Zoro's side in the narrator bubble not Sanji side.

Just so were clear this is your definition of leading right :

If I mention all of Zoro's moments I'll be in front of my computer all day but I'll name three going by your definition.

Whisky Peak
plot-line : Assassins of the grand line are planning to murder the crew.
Protecting People : Zoro protects the whole crew while everyone is asleep (except Nami)
Arlong Park
sub-plot line : free Luffy who is stuck underwater
Gives order : Tells Sanji to go underwater and free Luffy while he holds back Arlong
Protects : Citizens and Sanji (who admits Arlong is out of his league)
Thriller Bark
sub-plot line : protect Luffy from Kuma
Gives order : tells the crew to stand back since directly confronted by Kuma
Protects Crew : Making an agreement with Kuma that he will take Luffy's pain in return the crew is left alone.

Sanji didnt lead them … its literally called Zoro's side in the narrator bubble not Sanji side.

Just so were clear this is your definition of leading right :

If I mention all of Zoro's moments I'll be in front of my computer all day but I'll name three going by your definition.

Whisky Peak
Protecting People : Zoro protects the whole crew while everyone is asleep (except Nami)
Arlong Park
Gives order : Tells Sanji to go underwater and free Luffy while he holds back Arlong
Thriller Bark
Protects Crew : Making an agreement with Kuma that he will take Luffy's pain in return the crew is left alone.
And that, therein lies the thing.
Your opinion.
That's just to rigid. Your forgetting the "inspire to follow".

not sure what the point of this thread is. But one thing when it comes to trusting people is he can most probably tell when people are hiding something or not telling full truths Ex. in wano itself he says to both Kiku and Drake that they are still hiding something. Which we knew they were. Even in whiskey peak.
And I think zoro has to be disagreeing with luffy being the vice captain of crew. Most of the cases are pretty normal when they disagree its the most normal thing to do.

He was horrifically wrong about all of those points except number 1.
I don't think its about right or wrong. It is being vigilant when running a crew. You don't make decision when all cards are not placed. Moreover how was he wrong? Pretty much every situation did turnout to be correct.
The entire Sanji in Zou situation. => they are now facing BM and kaido
The Drake thing recently => Same as kiku they were/are hiding more things as he said.
The Nami thing in Baratie and in Arlington park. => She did betray(we know she was planning to do so too only thing she got friendly with them) them only thing they went to check was to know the reason and ask her(I mean zoro was the one who confirmed her alliegience after her revealing she was part of arlong not SHs too by jumping in water).
Robin Joining the crew. => This too was true, At first she was just hiding with SHs and hiding her problems not trusting them much to be of help to her.

Last edited:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I wouldnt mind zoro having no role in SH. Hes only good in battle, there are so many times since TS where he failed hes duty.
1 getting neptune and himself captured by hodi
2 loosing to yeti cool bros
3 Failed to stop pica... needed assistance
4 got cought ofguard by carrot while charging first LMAO
5 failed to gather army of samurais
Even luffy admited this arc that zoro did nothing

And so many more examples. Cant write them all becouse im at work, but you all know youselves

Yes cause Zoro's more popular and known. Zoro aint leading shit. He literally is only tagging along because Nami forced him too. Sanji was leading completely.

- Sanji started the mission to get the torso
- Sanji woke up first and took care of the people trying to kidnap them...and then beat everyone up and force to keep on moving
- Sanji took the intiative of saving Kinemon.
- Kinemon is crying over Sanji and is in his debt.
- Both Brook and Zoro were reporting to Sanji whether you like it or not

Whisky Peak
Lmao the desperation. Protecting people isnt leading them. You need to be doing more than just protecting them. No one was even conscious for you to be claiming he was leading them.

Arlong Park
Man you really love to lie dont you....

Pretty ironic that it was Sanji thst stopped Zoro and offered himself. Judging by this Sanji led Zoro again didnt he:choppawhat:

Thriller Bark
Again thats not how it works. Zoro told them to stay back because Kuma challenged him. No different from Sanji telling Luffy to stay back because of Duval, or because of Satori.

Again this isnt leading....

Face it man Zoro hasnt led anyone. These desperate showings are just sad lmao.