Questions & Mysteries Why are some people considering Oden to be levels below Mihawk ?

did mihawk have a black blade 13 yrs ago ?
duels were never stated to be equal.....
If we take fraudhawk fans word yes. He was claimed for the last decade to be at peak in his duels against shanks. Seems there’s been a bit of backtracking, once shank was revealed not a Yonko...

Tho In my own opinion it’s still a yes. Shanks is mihawk standard. He in all his travels has never fought anyone stronger then shanks. It’s far more likely mihawk achieve his Black blade clashing with his rival an greatest foe. Then with his lesser competition.

Duel weren’t stated to be equal. it’s actually worse no victor was given at all. Not only is equality on the table, superiority is as well.

Last edited:
folks are walking themselves into a back corner with this
if zoro ends up cutting kaido
he will have better in screen feats than mihawk
so that must mean he's stronger too? lmao

fact is
oden has better on screen feats than
shanks
big mom

but we certainly dont think he's stronger. @Albino 👑 you prob arent reading the arguments half-assedly.
no one said because he doesnt have a black blade he is much weaker .
you also dont know when mihawk attained the black blade and if that was ever a factor against shanks.

one things for sure a lot of people are cutting kaido
not a lot of people walk around with supreme grade swords
not a lot of people have held black blade, literally 2 in history
and not a lot of people are the wss
you put those together and you see why mihawk will always be viewed in a greater light.

you see people who say mihawk one shots kaido which is def mind buggling
but you also see people who said kaido neg diffs sulong minks and scabbards
both creditless opinions but thats the beauty of opinions.
Post automatically merged:

having one in addition to be wss
surely put you above...

anyone way above oden prob likes of roger and newgate.
the main factor of Oden being weaker than Mihawk isn't black blade imo , but Oden being more comparable to Base Kaido

Hybrid Kaido/Awakened Akainu/Awakened Aokiji will completely wreck Oden . and i expect Mihawk to have some power up to match them

overall Oden would give High Diff , or at least Upper Mid Diff to Mihawk though .
I know the black blade point isn't the only reason why but imo it low key makes no sense as an argument so i mention it the most
With us knowing swordsman at the very least comparable with out one
Plus the fact many (including myself) expect zoro to get one this arc. But act like itll only mean hes surpassed oden but somehow not the shanks's, rayleigh, and rogers. Which makes even less sense imo

Mihawk being wss is more of an argument but from all we know right
We dont even know if the title was a thing in the last generation
Like if mihawk being wss doesn't doesn't mean anything when it comes to roger why should it for oden
Someone that might've not even known of mihawk and vice versa

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Another caveman type response. wtf this have to do with u requiring evidence in mihawk case, an not in Kaido? Just admit ur bias already it’s clearly as day
:whitepress:

U just proved my point. They sent fodder after him, the same scum sent to capture the buggy’s of the world.... While shanks was potentially clashing with Yonko/Admirals/ WG. An we dnt actually know the WG/Navy give 2 shits about mihawk specifically. That was there initial response to their disbandment. We dnt know what effort they’ll put into finding him after this.
The irony in your words when duh caveman seems to be the only thing you can say,
fodder

oh look its fodder chasing primebeard they must not give a shit about him then
a buster call is 5 vice admirals minimum and i say minimum because we know AT LEAST Fujitora out of the admirals is on one of the parties headed to a warlord right now.
They literally sent more ships to mihawk than any of the other warlords.

if zoro ends up cutting kaido esp if it comparable or worse than oden could ever summon.
I dare yall to put a zoro mihawk comparison thread .

not everyone thinks of mihawk in terms of zoro
If we take mihawk fans word yes. He was claimed for the last decade to be at peak clashing against shanks. Seems there’s been a bit of backtracking, once shank was revealed not a Yonko...

Tho In my own opinion it’s still a yes. Shanks is mihawk standard. He in all his travels has never fought anyone stronger then shanks. It’s far more likely mihawk achieve his Black blade clash with his rival an greatest foe. Then it is with his lesser competition.

Duel weren’t stated to be equal, it’s actually worse no victory was given at all. Not only is equality on the table, superiority is as well.
uh 41 yrs of age prets
13 yrs ago he was in his late twenties
yet to see anyone claim mihawk was already at his peak of power .
backtracking by who ?
quote the person who stated he had all these things 13 yrs ago .

would be delusional to think victory went the other way and mihawk still retained the wss title lmao.
if both were equal at the time
judging shanks trajectory and considering the fact he also he isnt mentioned in any other battle aside from mihawk
I would say their growth rate remained quite similar with the other having to compensate for his lost arm in other ways .
but here what I find funny .
Post automatically merged:

I know the black blade point isn't the only reason why but imo it low key makes no sense as an argument so i mention it the most
Plus the fact many (including myself) expect zoro to get one this arc. But act like itll only mean hes surpassed oden but somehow not the shanks's, rayleigh, and rogers. Which makes even less sense imo

Like if mihawk being wss doesn't doesn't mean anything when it comes to roger why should it for oden
oden quite evidently isnt
argument for rayleigh
and the fact that we saw roger display swordsmanship on a level far better than he could. or are people going to say roger's divin departure wasnt swordmanship as well. wont be suprised.

oden quite evidently isnt
argument for rayleigh
and the fact that we saw roger display swordsmanship on a level far better than he could. or are people going to say roger's divin departure wasnt swordmanship as well. wont be suprised.
Im not gonna lie i don't fully understand what your actually saying...

Oden isn't but rayleigh is?
And yeah roger is way stronger than oden

Im not gonna lie i don't fully understand what your actually saying...

Oden isn't but rayleigh is?
And yeah roger is way stronger than oden
the world strongest swordsman
is not getting shown out this way
in a sword contest

since rayleigh wasnt (benefit of the doubt).
there is an argument for it in the event roger himself wasnt a "pure swordsman" as the argument goes.
personally think from the little we saw
roger was the strongest swordsman of his time.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Why isnt black blade a valid point for oden ?

The tengu clearly says to zoro DEPENDING ON YOU when it comes to making enma permanently black.
Which means when it was dependent on oden he was UNABLE to do so.
The same oden who tamed enma as a kid

He was on panel from 18 to 39 coating his swords in haki
21 years of countless battles
he was unable to do it
unlike ryuma who forged shusui through his history of battle

And this is a man oden who dedicated his life to swordsmanship
training the scabbards in ryou and training his oden nitoryu style

Despite all that and all those years this is something oden wasnt good enough to do. And zoro will.

The tengu clearly says to zoro DEPENDING ON YOU when it comes to making enma permanently black.

he was unable to do it

Despite all that and all those years this is something oden wasnt good enough to do. And zoro will.
Zoro not a swordsman, he a hakiman:shame:

the world strongest swordsman
is not getting shown out this way
in a sword contest

since rayleigh wasnt (benefit of the doubt).
there is an argument for it in the event roger himself wasnt a "pure swordsman" as the argument goes.
personally think from the little we saw
roger was the strongest swordsman of his time.
Oh aight
Well yeah he might've been tbh

Even then just like that doesn't automatically put mihawk over roger it doesn't put him over ray or even Oden automatically because of that specific reason

he was unable to do it

I believe what he's saying is we dont consider rayleigh and shanks below mihawk just cause of the black blade and to that point I agree

but the black blade is just an addition to a plethora of other points.
we would get the black blade lore this arc perhaps when he visits ryuuma's grave and I doubt zoro gets one this arc.

he was unable to do it

Zoro getting a black blade automatically puts him over oden as much as it does ray, shanks, or roger non of which have black blades either

doubt zoro ever surpasses roger
and prior to this chap
I thought zoro wont cut kaido
now I think he will
but I still dont think he will be as strong as hawk till eos which is why this argument is particularly a faulty one for me. easier to get better onscreen feats with the amount of panel time oden got.
give mihawk a flashback on how he became wss like what we got with oden
what black blades mean
people he fought etc
and people would be singing a different tone.

oden is great tho
high diff fight no less.

oden never managed to get black blade while mihawk did
the bit about roger and whitebeard didn't mean anything power wise. We all know it's just oda wanking oden as some kind of charismatic character
get black blade doesnt mean you are stronger fighter.roger whitebeard big mom oden and rayleigh dont have black swords.
black blade doesnt mean a shit. it couldnt even hurt buggy lol