Theory Jack, son of Whitebeard

(Updated edit)
I had this idea upon the introduction of Weevil in ch.802 and Jack’s first full appearance in ch.810, but it was further bolstered with the introduction of Yamato. That’s because the idea of another emperor, who isn’t Big Mom, having a child came up once again. So did my speculation. What sparked this idea initially was the introduction of Weevil and the idea of Whitebeard having a biological son. Which I think is to good of a concept for it to just be a throwaway idea. I think Oda seeded that idea and completely destroyed our expectations because of how ridiculous both Weevil and his claim are. But Oda covertly introduced Whitebeard’s “real” son one chapter before, burying the lead until his eventual reveal in chapter 810. (That’s not to say that Weevil isn’t any less of a character and I’m certain Oda has plans for him in the future.) Although, I think Oda left us a clue in Weevil’s appearance. Weevil, Whitebeard’s supposed son, has the same type of long twin braids as Jack. I find it unusual that Oda would use a very similar design aspect in two completely unrelated characters that appeared only 8 chapters apart.(You can go extra tinfoil about it and count the number of segmented hair balls per braid.)
Now, as to Jack’s appearance, he doesn’t really look like Whitebeard. However, it can’t be expected of him to look like a mirror image of Whitebeard. Much like how Ace doesn’t look exactly like Roger, Yamato Kaido or Big Mom and any of her children. But there can be some similarities found between them. Just like Yamato and Kaido’s horns and part of their hair. Katakuri and Big Mom’s pink hair, albeit different shades. We can compare Whitebeard and Jack’s heights and blonde hair. Although, Jack is taller and his hair is a different shade of blonde. I also think his metallic jaw mask is meant to hide more than just his jagged teeth but also any white facial hair. Jack’s mammoth powers also serve as an homage to Whitebeard’s famous stache because both a mammoth and elephants tusk don’t actually grow from the mouth, but rather the upper lip. And Oda stays true to that fact.
Another factor that would affect his appearance would be his fish-man heritage. Now, I believe Jack is a fish-man hybrid, although Jack’s vivre card from the data book categorizes Jack as a full fish-man. I really doubt this because of Jacks lack of notable fish-man features (ie. fins, gills, webbed hands, abnormal skin color). Jack looks like a normal human, by One Piece standards. His one notable fish-man feature is his jagged teeth a feature shared between two other fish-man hybrids Dellinger(half human/half fish-man) from the Donquixote family and Big Pan(half giant/half fish-man) from the Foxy pirates.
That being said, that statement in the Vivre card data book could’ve been a mistake and we can see a correction further down the line, or it could’ve been left there intentionally, until Oda further expands on it within the story.

But that’s not it, he’s not just any old fish-man hybrid he’s Whitebeard’s son and the math adds up. Currently Jack is 28, which would have made him 26 pre time-skip and Whitebeard 72 when he was still alive. Making Whitebeard 46yo when Jack was born and around 45yo when he Jack would’ve been conceived. Now originally, my main claim as to Jack’s fish-man heritage was the fact that Fish-man Island was once Whitebeard’s territory. But, Jack would’ve already been alive at the time( at about 4 years old) because Fish-man Island didn’t become Whitebeard’s territory until after the Great age of Pirates began 24 years ago, after Roger’s execution. But recently, more evidence was presented to us in Oden’s flash back when Oden reveals on Rogers ship that he had been to Fish-man island once before with Whitebeard, when he was still on Whitebeard’s ship.

Now Oden first joined Whitebeard 30 years ago in the story at which time Whitebeard would’ve been 44 and Oden didn’t join Gold Roger until 26 years ago making Whitebeard 48. Leaving Whitebeard and Odens adventure at 4 years between the ages of 44 and 48 with them having visited Fish-man Island at some point between those 4 years, allowing for Jack’s conception and birth at around ages 45-46. Now, I don’t know what happened but from what we know about Whitebeard and how important family was to him.
I don’t believe he was the type to abandon his son. I believe that Whitebeard met and fell in love with a mermaid/fish-woman and then just continued on with his adventure, expecting to see her again. But something must of happened to her between the last time she would’ve seen Whitebeard and after Jack’s birth, and I expect she met with an early demise. That would leave Jack an orphan with nowhere to go, with Kaido coming across him eventually. We can infer from chapter 920 and the vivre card that Jack was present in Wano and at the siege of Oden castle 20 years ago when he was only 8 years old. Which means that Jack was affiliated with the Beast pirates since at least 8 years of age.
No one in the story imagined the possibility of Gold Roger having a son, as we know Ace, much less expect him to be raised by one of Roger’s enemies. But what a perfect way to conceal the truth. Now I think Kaido raised Jack with similar intentions as Garp did when taking in Ace, to fashion him into a warrior willing to fight for his cause. But, what Kaido cares about most of all is strength and power, and that’s what he saw in the little mammoth boy. Perhaps Kaido is creating a Rocks 2.0 with the beast pirates, because his MO seems to be to assimilate the strong into his crew and break their wills until they declare servitude.

A common trend that is shown throughout the series is the idea of notorious and powerful people having children. Roger, Dragon, Kaido, and Big Mom sired Ace, Luffy, Yamato, and the Charlotte siblings respectably. As such, these people seem to pass on another notable trait down to their children besides notoriety and that is strength. As Whitebeard’s son Jack would be considered one of the mightiest pirates out there. He has quite some feats under his belt. He was able to sink 2 marine battleships and then clash with two Navy legends such as a former fleet admiral Sengoku and vice admiral Tsuru, let alone admiral Fujitora and come out relatively unscathed. He took Zunesha’s trunk head on and survived. He single handily took on an army of Sulong minks and beat them(Nekomamushi and Inuarashi notwithstanding). The world government and the marines find him a big enough threat to warrant him a 1 billion berry bounty at only 28 years of age! Which is commendable amongst his contemporaries. His fellow All stars with higher bounties both appear to be middle aged. We know Big Mom’s Sweet commanders are all older with lower bounties the sole exception being Katakuri but he himself is 48yo. We can assume that the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates, Blackbeard’s and Shanks’ commanders average between 30-50 years old. Luffy doesn’t count because although commendable with a bounty of 1.5 billion berries, he is a contender for King of the pirates and as such it is to be expected of him.

I believe that this doesn’t take away from Whitebeard or his message of family not being limited by blood relation. Even if he is Whitebeard’s biological son he would not be anymore a son to him then the Whitebeard pirates were. Much like how Ace condemned Gold Roger as a terrible father and preferred Whitebeard. Much of Jack’s personality can be summed as being raised by Kaido, and his two sadistic “older brothers.”

Yamato is the same age as Jack, meaning that they grew up together under Kaido, since 8 years of age. I think we are bound to get more information once we get to Kaido’s flashback. There’s no way that Jack is already out of the picture. I believe that he will play a dramatic role in the story with a potential confrontation with Marco.
I can see Luffy befriending Jack and as such Luffy having befriended the children of 3 out of the original 4 emperors, in Katakuri, Yamato and Jack.(Shanks not included. Unless he turns out to be the father of Makino’s son, in which case only time will tell.) But I think this has relevance for the story because then the children of the four emperors(Katakuri, Yamato, and Jack) along with Luffy and the rest of the supernovas will bring about the new era, and end their parents era.
But I can also see Jack turning against the Beast pirates down the line because of constant abuse, as made evident from Artur’s translation of Jack’s vivre card.
If Jack does turn out to be Whitebeard’s son Oda will have to do some work to rectify his character and justify his actions. But I think this is easily done and as we can see, again, from the fifth bullet point in the vivre card. Jack seems to only bring down settlements and terrorize citizens when the crew “requires it.” There are some grey areas in the story that can be expanded on. I assume that Jack attacked Zou on captains orders and that he didn’t go full power against the minks. He left Neko and Inu for dead, but if he really wanted to kill them he could’ve gone with a more direct approach. He did seem surprised to see them in Onigashima however.

In the end, I believe Whitebeard having a biological son is too good to be a throwaway idea, and if any character would fit the bill I think it’s Jack. A theory fueled on speculation and conjecture. I would hope it to be true, but wouldn’t be upset if it wasn’t. But seriously there’s no way Whitebeard didn’t smash.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I had this idea upon the introduction of Weevil in ch.802 and Jack’s first full appearance in ch.810, but it was further bolstered with the introduction of Yamato. Because the idea of another emperor, who isn’t Big Mom, having a child came up once again. So the speculation began again. What first sparked this idea was
the introduction of Weevil and the idea of Whitebeard having a biological son. Which I think is to good of a concept for it to just be a throwaway idea. I think Oda seeded that idea and completely destroyed our expectations because of how ridiculous both Weevil and his claim are. But Oda covertly introduced Whitebeard’s “real” son one chapter before, burying the lead until his eventual reveal in chapter 810. That’s not to say that Weevil isn’t any less of a character and I’m certain Oda has plans for him in the future, but I think Oda also left us a clue in his appearance. Weevil, Whitebeard’s supposed son, has the same type of long braids as Jack does. I find it unusual that Oda would use a very similar design aspect in two completely unrelated characters that appeared only 8 chapters apart.

[GALLERY=media, 123][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 124][/GALLERY]

But he doesn’t look like Whitebeard.

True, but it can’t be expected of him to look like a mirror image of Whitebeard. Much like how Ace doesn’t look exactly like Roger, Yamato Kaido or Big Mom and any of her children. But there can be some similarities found between them. Just like Yamato and Kaido’s horns and part of their hair. Katakuri and Big Mom’s pink hair, albeit different shades. We can compare Whitebeard and Jack’s heights and blonde hair. Although, Jack is taller and his hair is a different shade of blonde. I also think his metallic jaw mask is meant to hide more than just his jagged teeth but also any white facial hair.

But Jack is a Fish-man.

I believe Jack is a fish-man hybrid, although Jack’s vivre card from the data book categorizes Jack as a full fish-man. I really doubt this because of Jacks lack of notable fish-man features (ie. fins, gills, webbed hands, abnormal skin color). Jack looks like a normal human, by One Piece standards. His one notable fish-man feature is his jagged teeth a feature shared between two other fish-man hybrids Dellinger(half human/half fish-man) from the Donquixote family and Big Pan(half giant/half fish-man) from the Foxy pirates. That being said, that statement in the Vivre card data book could’ve been a mistake and we can see a correction further down the line, or it could’ve been left there intentionally until Oda further expands on it within the story. But that’s not it, he’s not just any old hybrid he’s Whitebeard’s son and the math adds up. Currently Jack is 28, which would have made him 26 pre time-skip, making Whitebeard 46 when Jack was born and around 45 when he was conceived. Now originally, my main claim as to Jack’s fish-man heritage was the fact that Fish-man Island was once Whitebeard’s territory. But, Jack would’ve already been alive at the time( at about 4 years old) because Fish-man Island didn’t become Whitebeard’s territory until after the Great age of Pirates began 24 years ago, after Roger’s execution. But recently, more evidence was presented to us in Oden’s flash back when Oden reveals on Rogers ship that he had been to Fish-man island once before with Whitebeard, when he was still on Whitebeard’s ship(ch967). Now Oden first joined Whitebeard 30 years ago in the story at which time Whitebeard would’ve been 44 and Oden didn’t join Gold Roger until 26 years ago making Whitebeard 48. Leaving Whitebeard and Odens adventure at 4 years between the ages of 44 and 48 with them having visited Fish-man Island at some point between those 4 years, allowing for Jack’s conception and birth at around ages 45-46. Now, I don’t know what happened but I believe that Whitebeard met and fell in love with a mermaid and then just continued on with his adventure, expecting to see her again. But something must of happened to her between the last time she would’ve seen Whitebeard and after Jack’s birth, and I expect she met with an early demise. That would leave Jack an orphan with nowhere to go, with Kaido coming across him eventually. We can infer from chapter 920 and the vivre card that Jack was present in Wano and at the siege of Oden castle 20 years ago when he was only 8 years old. Which means that Jack was affiliated with the Beast pirates since at least 8 years of age.
[GALLERY=media, 125][/GALLERY]

No one in the story imagined the possibility of Gold Roger having a son, as we know Ace, much less expect him to be raised by one of Roger’s enemies. But what a perfect way to conceal the truth. Now I think Kaido raised Jack with similar intentions as Garp did when taking in Ace. Garp wanted Ace to join the Navy. But, what Kaido cares about most of all is strength and power, and that’s what he saw in the little mammoth boy. In a recent chapter it was mentioned that Jack was hand pick by Kaido as one of his All stars(lead performers) for this reason.

Another notable trait that parents in the series tend to pass down to their children is strength, and as Whitebeard’s son Jack would be considered one of the mightiest pirates out there. He has quite some feats under his belt. He was able to sink 2 marine battleships and then clash with two Navy legends such as a former fleet admiral Sengoku and vice admiral Tsuru, let alone admiral Fujitora and come out relatively unscathed. He took Zunesha’s trunk head on and survived. He single handily took on an army of Sulong minks and beat them(Nekomamushi and Inuarashi notwithstanding). The world government and the marines find him a big enough threat to warrant him a 1 billion berry bounty at only 28 years of age. Which is commendable amongst his contemporaries. His fellow All stars with higher bounties are both older than him as well as Big Mom’s sweet commanders and the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates. We can assume Blackbeard and Shanks’ commanders as well average between 30-40 years old. Luffy doesn’t count because although commendable with a bounty of 1.5 billion berries, he is a contender for King of the pirates and as such it is to be expected of him.

Even if he is Whitebeard’s son so what?

I believe this doesn’t take away from Whitebeard or his message of family not being limited by blood relation. Even if he is Whitebeard’s biological son he would not be anymore a son to him then the Whitebeard pirates were. Much like how Ace condemned Gold Roger as a terrible father. Much of Jack’s personality can be summed as being raised by Kaido. Yamato is a year older than Jack meaning that they grew up together under Kaido, I think we are bound to get more information once we get to Kaido’s flashback. I believe Luffy will befriend Jack and if he does then Luffy will have befriended the children of 3 out of the original 4 emperors, in Katakuri, Yamato and Jack. Shanks not included. Unless he turns out to be the father of Makino’s son, in which case only time will tell. But I think this has relevance for the story because then the children of the four emperors(Katakuri, Yamato, and Jack) along with Luffy and the rest of the supernovas will bring about the new era, and end their parents era.
Love the theory.

Everything that keeps this retarded character ( Weevil ) away from Whitebeard is good.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
That’s wack bro! Lol, never expected that. But hey, at least they used pictures from the chapters for reference.
so they did without you knowing of it? I mean, you get mentioned at the end, but still kinda unfair.

was suspicious few month ago when I saw one of my theories there, but seems that someone is lurking here for theories. He could mention the forum at least.

If wb has a child, then it would be a girl. Because he always said, my sons. So it would be a little irony. 😀
Yeah that would be a fun bit of irony. But Jack being Whitebeard’s son just makes so much sense to me. His tusks being emblematic of Whitebeard’s stash, because mammoth and elephant tusks don’t come from the mouth but actually grow out of the upper lip. I don’t think he’s out of the fight just yet and he would make a compelling enemy for Marco as his father’s flesh and blood.

G

Gorosei Informer

Honestly, I believe Weevil is actually Shiki's son and Shiki's face came up deliberately during Oden's flashback for this reason too. I can see Weevil fitting more for Shiki's son than WB's anyday.

Regarding Jack's fishmen heritage, I've heard the Vivre Cards are not always reliable sources of info either. I do strongly believe WB has a "real son" out there and I rather it would be Jack or someone else than Weevil. WB deservers far better than this clownfoolery writing.

It could be Weevil and WB's tendency to have "sons" might be to compensate for his "dead son" that he lost in the past. That dead son could be Weevil as he has stitches similar to the Moria/Hogback zombies and Hogback has been AWOL since the timeskip....

But regarding Jack being WB's son as per the thread topic, I don't really know about that. I like the idea but I'm skeptical still. BUUUUUUT maybe this was the true reason WB had Fishman Island as one of his territories too? If he truly has a wife/lover and thus a son from there?

You'v really put a lot of thought and research into this, it is impressive! If you turn out to be right about this, that will deserve warrant some applause at least! Even if it's not canon, it makes for a great what if scenario/fanfic or the like at the very least!

I just realised Queen has a similar hair colour and braids to Jack. Although on that logic you could argue so does Zeff LOL! Hell, tbh, I thought all 3 might have links to Elbaf somehow due to their hair styles and colours, but I have no idea how it would be possible. They give me Norse/Viking vibes tbh.

There's a lot of potential from what you've theorised and that Marco vs Jack connection you just mentioned. Another reason for Marco to have shown up amongst all the others!

Bravo anyway, this was a great read! I love these detailed, well researched and thought out theories!

Post automatically merged:

If wb has a child, then it would be a girl. Because he always said, my sons. So it would be a little irony. 😀
Funny you should mention that, I suspected Bonney of being his secret lovechild of him and Big Mom for those reasons too LOL. Well I said Bonney specifically because she cried at seeing the Marineford war and we thought it was over WB's death but it seems to be because of Kuma in hindsight ofc?
She's so similar to Big Mom too, it can't be coincidence. It bothered me SO much that this hasn't been explained and that was she was completely irrelevant during WCI.
Hell, she is from "Sorbet Kingdom" which sounds like a Big Mom territory but it's not even a part of the New World, never mind Totland too!

But yeah WB having a daughter instead of a son would be very ironic imo. It might help explain his mentality with the whole "sons thing" he had going on too on his crew.

Oda is really good at baiting us and getting us to believe certain headcanons based on the breadcrumbs he lays out for us and then giving us massive plot twists. I never would have expected Ace to be Roger's son either, that was crazy!
And then there's Weevil and Yamato too...

If Jack turns out to be WB's son, it shines a whole other damning light on WB, one that exposes him as a hypocrite and a bad father like Yasopp and Dragon for example. Ironically it makes Kaido look a lot better given how he treats Jack so respectfully but given how Kaido treats his own apparent daughter Yamato, that is a direct contradiction and hypocrisy too, sigh.

I really do believe there is some big twist with Jack. I do kinda want him to become an ally of Luffy, I actually kind of feel sorry for him being clowned upon so hard, especially given how genuinely hard he tries. It's too relatable for me.
:pepemy:

If it wasn't for her horns, I'd actually believe Yamato isn't Kaido's real daughter tbh. I've joked she might be Oden's instead somehow. I also thought Pudding wouldn't turn out to be a real daughter of Big Mom somehow too.

This might be a recurring theme of OP, I've joked that Usopp isn't Yassopp's son but might be Blackbeard's lol. There's always headcanons and fanfics at least anyway even if it's not true. Hell, I just remembered that I thought Dragon isn't Luffy's real father either and even formely thought Kaido might be Zoro's real father.

Also at this rate, OP will turn into this then:

:rolaugh::ace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I believe Weevil is actually Shiki's son and Shiki's face came up deliberately during Oden's flashback for this reason too. I can see Weevil fitting more for Shiki's son than WB's anyday.

Regarding Jack's fishmen heritage, I've heard the Vivre Cards are not always reliable sources of info either. I do strongly believe WB has a "real son" out there and I rather it would be Jack or someone else than Weevil. WB deservers far better than this clownfoolery writing.

It could be Weevil and WB's tendency to have "sons" might be to compensate for his "dead son" that he lost in the past. That dead son could be Weevil as he has stitches similar to the Moria/Hogback zombies and Hogback has been AWOL since the timeskip....

But regarding Jack being WB's son as per the thread topic, I don't really know about that. I like the idea but I'm skeptical still. BUUUUUUT maybe this was the true reason WB had Fishman Island as one of his territories too? If he truly has a wife/lover and thus a son from there?

You'v really put a lot of thought and research into this, it is impressive! If you turn out to be right about this, that will deserve warrant some applause at least! Even if it's not canon, it makes for a great what if scenario/fanfic or the like at the very least!

I just realised Queen has a similar hair colour and braids to Jack. Although on that logic you could argue so does Zeff LOL! Hell, tbh, I thought all 3 might have links to Elbaf somehow due to their hair styles and colours, but I have no idea how it would be possible. They give me Norse/Viking vibes tbh.

There's a lot of potential from what you've theorised and that Marco vs Jack connection you just mentioned. Another reason for Marco to have shown up amongst all the others!

Bravo anyway, this was a great read! I love these detailed, well researched and thought out theories!

Post automatically merged:

Funny you should mention that, I suspected Bonney of being his secret lovechild of him and Big Mom for those reasons too LOL. Well I said Bonney specifically because she cried at seeing the Marineford war and we thought it was over WB's death but it seems to be because of Kuma in hindsight ofc?
She's so similar to Big Mom too, it can't be coincidence. It bothered me SO much that this hasn't been explained and that was she was completely irrelevant during WCI.
Hell, she is from "Sorbet Kingdom" which sounds like a Big Mom territory but it's not even a part of the New World, never mind Totland too!

But yeah WB having a daughter instead of a son would be very ironic imo. It might help explain his mentality with the whole "sons thing" he had going on too on his crew.

Oda is really good at baiting us and getting us to believe certain headcanons based on the breadcrumbs he lays out for us and then giving us massive plot twists. I never would have expected Ace to be Roger's son either, that was crazy!
And then there's Weevil and Yamato too...

If Jack turns out to be WB's son, it shines a whole other damning light on WB, one that exposes him as a hypocrite and a bad father like Yasopp and Dragon for example. Ironically it makes Kaido look a lot better given how he treats Jack so respectfully but given how Kaido treats his own apparent daughter Yamato, that is a direct contradiction and hypocrisy too, sigh.

I really do believe there is some big twist with Jack. I do kinda want him to become an ally of Luffy, I actually kind of feel sorry for him being clowned upon so hard, especially given how genuinely hard he tries. It's too relatable for me.
:pepemy:

If it wasn't for her horns, I'd actually believe Yamato isn't Kaido's real daughter tbh. I've joked she might be Oden's instead somehow. I also thought Pudding wouldn't turn out to be a real daughter of Big Mom somehow too.

This might be a recurring theme of OP, I've joked that Usopp isn't Yassopp's son but might be Blackbeard's lol. There's always headcanons and fanfics at least anyway even if it's not true. Hell, I just remembered that I thought Dragon isn't Luffy's real father either and even formely thought Kaido might be Zoro's real father.

Also at this rate, OP will turn into this then:

:rolaugh::ace:
Yeah, I wonder about Weevil too. Especially because we get connections to Rocks from Miss Buckin having been part of the same crew as Whitebeard decades ago.
So it could be that Weevil is a former member of Rocks suffering from memory loss that had his face surgically altered by Miss Buckin and that would explain the peculiar scars surrounding his face, and his firm believe in being Whitebeard’s son.

But thanks for reading and enjoying the theory! It wasn’t really hard for me to come up with cause I just kinda saw the possible connection. But it can also be me just seeing things that aren’t there. I mean Franky had a similar braided hairstyle in Dressrosa. But I would really like it if it turned out to be true, especially how Oda would handle the massive implications as well as work to rectify Jack’s character.

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, I wonder about Weevil too. Especially because we get connections to Rocks from Miss Buckin having been part of the same crew as Whitebeard decades ago.
So it could be that Weevil is a former member of Rocks suffering from memory loss that had his face surgically altered by Miss Buckin and that would explain the peculiar scars surrounding his face, and his firm believe in being Whitebeard’s son.

But thanks for reading and enjoying the theory! It wasn’t really hard for me to come up with cause I just kinda saw the possible connection. But it can also be me just seeing things that aren’t there. I mean Franky had a similar braided hairstyle in Dressrosa. But I would really like it if it turned out to be true, especially how Oda would handle the massive implications as well as work to rectify Jack’s character.
Oh yeah I forgot Franky had that hairstyle too ahaha! You're welcome anyway and that is interesting! I certainly wouldn't mind that twist for Weevil too!