rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy declares he's going to beat the Yonko's on multiple occasions. Declares he's going to beat Kaido. Declares he's going to beat Big Mom. Flat out says he can't become King of the Pirates unless he defeats these individuals. However easily you think it is to become Pirate King, Luffy (Oda) does not agree with you.
Luffy said he was done running, then ran from fuji and ran from meme
Luffy said hed beat each and every yonko and admiral he will do neither and still become king
I go by the manga facts of someone becoming pirate king,

Roger became pk because he begged his rival for his crew mate stole a copy from meme and had every thing else fall into his lap beating no one on the way. The panels below show very clearly there was no strength involved in becoming pirate king. Its just a journey anyone with enough luck can do it.

And the second pirate has been handed 2 rps without him doing anything for them.

Zoro passing Oden will be when he turns his sword black. That's already been foreshadowed and it sure as fuck won't happen this arc.

Oda made it clear this is Luffy's fight years ago. Anything else is stupidity.
it is luffy fight no arguing that but zoro will surely play a part with luffy doing most of the job. my guess is he takes down king and injures kaido reopening his wound maybe even give him an entirely new one

Oh, so the Yonko's aren't standing in the way of his dream? Funny.... I thought they were the rulers of the Sea, and all vying for the spot themselves.... Silly me....
Shanks isn’t. WB wasn’t. BB has bigger dreams than PK. Kaido really wants to die more than anything else.

The only Yonko who really dreams of being PK (PQ?) is Big Mom and BB kinda but not really.

Do you really think Luffy will beat every single admiral and Yonko ? Even Fuji and Kizaru ?

Luffy said he was done running, then ran from fuji and ran from meme
Luffy said hed beat each and every yonko and admiral he will do neither and still become king
I go by the manga facts of someone becoming pirate king,

Roger became pk because he begged his rival for his crew mate stole a copy from meme and had every thing else fall into his lap beating no one on the way. The panels below show very clearly there was no strength involved in becoming pirate king. Its just a journey anyone with enough luck can do it.

And the second pirate has been handed 2 rps without him doing anything for them.
It doesn't matter how Roger went about it, because it was a different time back then. Nobody knew about One Piece, or Laugh Tale, or anything of that nature. He set the precedent and sparked the Golden Age of Piracy, which inspired thousands to set out to become Pirate King. There were no Emperors of the Sea standing in his way, wanting to take the title for themselves. In fact, it's heavily implied that Roger mentioned wanting to be Pirate King in front of Whitebeard and Oden, and Whitebeard just laughed.

It's a different age for Luffy, and in his way of becoming Pirate King, stands Conqueror's who also want the title for themselves. Luffy understands this, and to him, he won't settle for just "Reaching Laugh Tale through blind luck." In his eyes, he HAS to defeat all these monsters who also want to become Pirate King in order for him to be the Pirate King, and that's exactly what he is going to do.

Those are the facts of the manga.

Luffy and Zoro will both get the chance to fight him. Luffy didn’t gain advanced CoA, and his statement “I can break Kaido’s scales” for nothing. I think Zoro will also get a chance due to wielding Enma and causing Kaido to remember and fear that blade. However I believe Luffy will get the final blow. He always does on the main arc antagonist. It’s just Oda’s formula.

HA001

It doesn't matter how Roger went about it, because it was a different time back then. Nobody knew about One Piece, or Laugh Tale, or anything of that nature. He set the precedent and sparked the Golden Age of Piracy, which inspired thousands to set out to become Pirate King. There were no Emperors of the Sea standing in his way, wanting to take the title for themselves. In fact, it's heavily implied that Roger mentioned wanting to be Pirate King in front of Whitebeard and Oden, and Whitebeard just laughed.

It's a different age for Luffy, and in his way of becoming Pirate King, stands Conqueror's who also want the title for themselves. Luffy understands this, and to him, he won't settle for just "Reaching Laugh Tale through blind luck." In his eyes, he HAS to defeat all these monsters who also want to become Pirate King in order for him to be the Pirate King, and that's exactly what he is going to do.

Those are the facts of the manga.
None of that is a fact of the manga. He literally ran for his life from 2 of those monsters in the last 2 arcs he faced them.
Hes fighting one now NOT ON HIS OWN, he will solo one yonko bb and MAYBE one admiral akainu if sabo isnt involved.
Hardly EACH AND EVERY YONKO AND ADMIRAL as he claimed.

This is Luffy's whole schtick. He goes into Countries where the residents can't accomplish what they desire on their own, and fulfills those desires. This isn't a matter of it being a samurai who kills him, it's a matter of Luffy fulling the dreams of those who can't do it themselves.

The one thing Luffy won't do however, is kill. He'll beat an opponent within an inch of their life, but that's it. For Kaido, that's poetic justice, because it's his one dream. Then he would have to live with the knowledge that there is someone out there who can potentially kill him, but didn't. To make matters worse, in the process, he'll tear down everything Kaido has built up over the course of 20 years, and Kaido will have to watch him go on to become Pirate King.

That's the ending Kaido deserves, not one where he gets his wish.
The thing with Wano does have its differences though, we have the scabbard, Toki's prophecy(this is probably more of an end game about Wano itself though), Zoro's setup against Kaido, and of course, we have Luffy as usual, I guess we can even count Yamato assuming there is a particular for adding her this late that too as someone who wants to take down Kaido(could be some kind of plot device for that).
I do think if given the chance Luffy who usually breaks the person's dream when he defeats someone..in this case, Kaido wanting to get killed and has to live on. But this kind of doesn't sit well with scabbard, they do want to kill him, which they did show in this chapter too. So him carrying their dreams kinda contradicts here. Unless someone else will do that job, could be scabbards. Or Some event happens where they see Kaido is so miserably that it is better for him to live like that than die. Basically right now I can't say what kind of end oda will give him or rather this arc. We have too many variables right now.

None of that is a fact of the manga. He literally ran for his life from 2 of those monsters in the last 2 arcs he faced them.
Hes fighting one now NOT ON HIS OWN, he will solo one yonko bb and MAYBE one admiral akainu if sabo isnt involved.
Hardly EACH AND EVERY YONKO AND ADMIRAL as he claimed.
He didn't run from Fujitora, he was dragged away.

WCI was literally a infiltrate, rescue and get out mission. It was the whole point of the arc. He still claimed he is going to defeat Big Mom eventually.

There is zero reason to believe he isn't going to do these things, when Oda has explicitly had him say he was going to on multiple occasions.

This is like saying Zoro won't be the World's Strongest Swordsman, because he said he was going to be and then lost to Mihawk, so that must mean he's never going to beat Mihawk.

HA001

He didn't run from Fujitora, he was dragged away.

WCI was literally a infiltrate, rescue and get out mission. It was the whole point of the arc. He still claimed he is going to defeat Big Mom eventually.

There is zero reason to believe he isn't going to do these things, when Oda has explicitly had him say he was going to on multiple occasions.

This is like saying Zoro won't be the World's Strongest Swordsman, because he said he was going to be and then lost to Mihawk, so that must mean he's never going to beat Mihawk.
Lmfao if you want to bet that luffy beats every admiral and yonko ill happily take you up on that.

No dont pick and choose to suit your agenda
he says EACH AND EVERY YONKO AND ADMIRAL
which aint happening for shit
Yeah, because Oda doesn't have time to set up plotlines, and story arcs for 3 Admirals, and a Fleet Admiral.

The Yonko's are getting their Story arcs, and the conflicts with Luffy will be there.

You want to make a real bet that we won't have to wait 5-7 (Maybe more) years to see if it will happen. I'll bet you Luffy beats Kaido, and Zoro doesn't kill him, you bet that Zoro does kill Kaido. Loser changes their Username to whatever the other person wants.

HA001

Yeah, because Oda doesn't have time to set up plotlines, and story arcs for 3 Admirals, and a Fleet Admiral.

The Yonko's are getting their Story arcs, and the conflicts with Luffy will be there.

You want to make a real bet that we won't have to wait 5-7 (Maybe more) years to see if it will happen. I'll bet you Luffy beats Kaido, and Zoro doesn't kill him, you bet that Zoro does kill Kaido. Loser changes their Username to whatever the other person wants.
Lmfao why you running away.
Luffy wont beat every yonko either. Bbs killing shanks
Already have zoro kaido bets. We talking about luffys words which you tried to twist and lie about. No are jumping else where.

Lmfao why you running away.
Luffy wont beat every yonko either. Bbs killing shanks
Already have zoro kaido bets. We talking about luffys words which you tried to twist and lie about. No are jumping else where.
You know what, fuck it. I got 5-7 years to spare. I'll take your bet. The forum will still be around by then, and even after One Piece ends. So loser leaves the forum.

But I knew you wouldn't take up my bet, cause there is doubt in your heart that Zoro will kill Kaido. :cheers:

HA001

You know what, fuck it. I got 5-7 years to spare. I'll take your bet. The forum will still be around by then, and even after One Piece ends. So loser leaves the forum.

But I knew you wouldn't take up my bet, cause there is doubt in your heart that Zoro will kill Kaido. :cheers:
Lmfao thats greenbull akainu kizaru fujitora meme kaido bb and shanks luffy needs to beat, you wont have to wait 5 7 years if they sent fuji to mihawk

Really nice chapter,now the dragging begin till Luffy and co reach the top.I just hope that Oda will leave the headliners to weaker members of alliance and SNs crews and not make them all face Luffy while going up.

Always love when Oda shows brutal side of OP,so the lose of Kiku's arm was nice,just hope that Law won't stitch her back.Expect more brutal stuff in upcoming chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.