Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Unpopular opinion;

I strongly dislike how Oda resolved the Shusui plot. Like everything that involved Ryuma and Shusui was setting up a flimsy excuse for Zoro to hand the sword back. In particular, the superstitious angle of the country going to ruin because of the loss of Shusui and Ryuma, as if to make us sympathize for Wano's position rather than organically integrating a compelling story on the matter. It's also inconsistent with Kin'emon and co's feelings around Zoro holding Shusui. Yes, Kin was angry seeing Zoro with Shusui, but he never gave the air that Shusui was THAT essential to Wano. He even seemed to grow alright with Zoro keeping it. It all seemed hand waved, like Oda hadn't thought up giving away Shusui until he had to.

And this is probably the more unpopular point, the hype Enma has received upon its name drop is kinda eye-rolling. Take a car salesman trying to sell his SUV to a tempting consumer who's being forced to exchange his Lamborghini because the latter is cursed, while the former can run up to 300 mph. That's what it felt like to me.

What's done is done, but I'm not a fan of how it transpired. But ifEnma really is the chekov's gun I think it is, then it lessens some of my grievances.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Unpopular opinion;

I strongly dislike how Oda resolved the Shusui plot. Like everything that involved Ryuma and Shusui was setting up a flimsy excuse for Zoro to hand the sword back. In particular, the superstitious angle of the country going to ruin because of the loss of Shusui and Ryuma, as if to make us sympathize for Wano's position rather than organically integrating a compelling story on the matter. It's also inconsistent with Kin'emon and co's feelings around Zoro holding Shusui. Yes, Kin was angry seeing Zoro with Shusui, but he never gave the air that Shusui was THAT essential to Wano. He even seemed to grow alright with Zoro keeping it. It all seemed hand waved, like Oda hadn't thought up giving away Shusui until he had to.

And this is probably the more unpopular point, the hype Enma has received upon its name drop is kinda eye-rolling. Take a car salesman trying to sell his SUV to a tempting consumer who's being forced to exchanged his Lamborghini because the latter is cursed, while the former can run up to 300 mph. That's what it felt like to me.

What's done is done, but I'm not a fan of how it transpired. And if Enma really is the chekov's gun I think it is, then it lessens some of my grievances.
I haven't been a big fan of a lot of Post-Time Skip Zoro's story. I think there's goods bits in it, and with a little more polish it could've been good. I think Shusui needs to be used to save the country though, if you wanna go the superstitious rout / have Zoro own up to having the blade. Instead it does feel like Oda needs Zoro to be a little stronger instead of furthering his character or the Lore of Wano any further.

While I do have to admit, I am happy that Zoro's plotline in Wano does intertangle with the samurai culture. It neither goes in detail nor has any satisfying end to it (that we can see as of now) besides being an interesting road stop.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I haven't been a big fan of a lot of Post-Time Skip Zoro's story. I think there's goods bits in it, and with a little more polish it could've been good. I think Shusui needs to be used to save the country though, if you wanna go the superstitious rout / have Zoro own up to having the blade. Instead it does feel like Oda needs Zoro to be a little stronger instead of furthering his character or the Lore of Wano any further.

While I do have to admit, I am happy that Zoro's plotline in Wano does intertangle with the samurai culture. It neither goes in detail nor has any satisfying end to it (that we can see as of now) besides being an interesting road stop.
I agree. There's some neat ideas being included, like his hatred for Orochi, the connection he's built with the people of Ebisu, and the desire to avenge one of them in Yasu. However, most of that seems to have been abandoned to go back to Zoro doing his usual shtick. And that's ok, it's the reason many of us grew to like him, but it does make his whole side story up t'ill now feel a little hollow.

Unpopular opinion;

And this is probably the more unpopular point, the hype Enma has received upon its name drop is kinda eye-rolling. Take a car salesman trying to sell his SUV to a tempting consumer who's being forced to exchange his Lamborghini because the latter is cursed, while the former can run up to 300 mph. That's what it felt like to me.

What's done is done, but I'm not a fan of how it transpired. But ifEnma really is the chekov's gun I think it is, then it lessens some of my grievances.
I believe that the Shushui plot points isn't resolved yet.
Post automatically merged:

Welcome home, @Cinera

Last edited:
I strongly dislike how Oda resolved the Shusui plot. Like everything that involved Ryuma and Shusui was setting up a flimsy excuse for Zoro to hand the sword back. In particular, the superstitious angle of the country going to ruin because of the loss of Shusui and Ryuma, as if to make us sympathize for Wano's position rather than organically integrating a compelling story on the matter.
I don’t think the Shusui plotline has been fully resolved tbh and I don’t think it will be resolved until Zoro learns more about Ryuma. Ryuma is the legacy of Oda’s previous one-shot and sets the bar high for Zoro’s future feats of strength. Now that we know Ryuma was also a Shimotsuki, with Zoro’s village and the previous Shimotsuki daimyo being highlighted, I think there will be more to come from Oda on that point.

At the end of the day, I personally think that Zoro upgrading Enma to become a black blade is even better than him wielding Shusui. I haven’t ruled out the possibility that Zoro will get Shusui back once he’s proven himself as Ryuma’s successor, and there’s also the possibility of him inheriting or upgrading the Nidai Kitetsu as well. It just feels more personal having Zoro wield a black blade that became so through Zoro’s own efforts. Zoro being photographed or mentioned with a black blade of his own would also inform Mihawk that they’re fast approaching their promised rematch.

Well, since it is forbidden to talk about positive things regarding zoros and sanjis relationship in the sanji fanclub,

here i am.

If im honest with ya'll, the fandom wars is getting boring. its a senseless back and forth thats benefitting no one really.

So thats why i'll share somewhat recent situations in which there is very apparent and unrelenting trust and respect between zoro and sanji!

With this said: Let us be the better men!

Edit: If any of you wants to share other great moments about zoro and sanji, feel free!
Sorry to bust your bubble mate but zoro and sanji hate each other

sanji puts razors in his food and zoro wanted him to die when he was kidnapped by the bm pirates

Zoro only cares for luffy and chopper

T

Tangerine

So who reported my post ? I just responded to @Zenos7 post which is still here
That post you're replying to was written like a week ago, you could have taken this on profile posts or somewhere else instead of here. Your post is also inciting hate between characters. This isn't the place for that.

That post you're replying to was written like a week ago, you could have taken this on profile posts or somewhere else instead of here.

What ass reasoning tbh
Posts don't have a expiry date bro
Your post is also inciting hate between characters. This isn't the place for that.
The post was about zoro and i talked about zoro

Where else should i discuss zoro's relationship to a fellow crewmate if not in the zoro fc ?

T

Tangerine

What ass reasoning tbh
Posts don't have a expiry date bro

The post was about zoro and i talked about zoro

Where else should i discuss zoro's relationship to a fellow crewmate if not in the zoro fc ?
No, what's curious here is why out of all the positive posts, you choose that one to reply to and then you say something negative.

The report was actually asking to thread ban you so maybe I should do that instead of just deleting your posts since you don't really seem to understand Zoro's dynamics with the other Strawhats.

No, what's curious here is why out of all the positive posts, you choose that one to reply to and then you say something negative.
Because @Zenos7 linked to it from another thread AND THAT TODAY

The report was actually asking to thread ban you so maybe I should do that instead of just deleting your posts since you don't really seem to understand Zoro's dynamics with the other Strawhats.
unreasonable

you didn't even debated me and decide that my opinion is simply wrong? just so you know i know folks here who debates worse so will you ban them as well?

jesus, what is this? can't i have my own opinion and try to debate it in the appropriate FC ?

/Thread
btw, i want to join since zoro is my fav

T

Tangerine

Because @Zenos7 linked to it from another thread AND THAT TODAY

unreasonable

you didn't even debated me and decide that my opinion is simply wrong? just so you know i know folks here who debates worse so will you ban them as well?

jesus, what is this? can't i have my own opinion and try to debate it in the appropriate FC ?

/Thread
btw, i want to join since zoro is my fav
I don't have time to debate with you, I'm a busy person. These ppl decide whoever they want to join their FC because they know their peeps, it's the same with other FC's. My duty here is just to assess a report and try to resolve it. For me, that report on you has a basis. I won't thread ban you but I'll keep an eye on this FC.

I don't have time to debate with you, I'm a busy person. These ppl decide whoever they want to join their FC because they know their peeps, it's the same with other FC's. My duty here is just to assess a report and try to resolve it. For me, that report on you has a basis. I won't thread ban you but I'll keep an eye on this FC.
Okay
i will help out from now on
Don't worry not a single negative post will get past my watchful eyes from now on

Make sure to warn and maybe ban those people then

Thanks for your work

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don’t think the Shusui plotline has been fully resolved tbh and I don’t think it will be resolved until Zoro learns more about Ryuma. Ryuma is the legacy of Oda’s previous one-shot and sets the bar high for Zoro’s future feats of strength. Now that we know Ryuma was also a Shimotsuki, with Zoro’s village and the previous Shimotsuki daimyo being highlighted, I think there will be more to come from Oda on that point.

At the end of the day, I personally think that Zoro upgrading Enma to become a black blade is even better than him wielding Shusui. I haven’t ruled out the possibility that Zoro will get Shusui back once he’s proven himself as Ryuma’s successor, and there’s also the possibility of him inheriting or upgrading the Nidai Kitetsu as well. It just feels more personal having Zoro wield a black blade that became so through Zoro’s own efforts. Zoro being photographed or mentioned with a black blade of his own would also inform Mihawk that they’re fast approaching their promised rematch.
I don't have much expectations for Zoro's visit to Ryuma's grave. I think that will be a quick wrap up to the Ryuma subplot before leaving it behind for good. Similar to how Zoro paid respects to Yubashiri before departing from Thriller Bark.

I don't think Zoro keeping Shusui necessarily prevents him from having the glory of turning another blade black. After all, before Enma showed up, the Wado Ichimonji was the sword most speculated to turn black through Zoro's efforts. But to clarify, I'm not against Zoro getting a new sword like Enma. It's the whole process thus far that has me miffed.

Anyway, it's Tashigi's birthday, so wish her a good one.

Last edited: