Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
How do you rank them right now? I think they are very comparable, even though Zoro has not showed all he has got, while Law appears to have gone all out.

Post Wano I think the difference will be clearly visible, and it will be in Zoro's favour.
I’m really not sure how to rank Law given that if he ever used his powers to his full potential, he would be massively overpowered. Oda can’t seem to give Law a break lol. At the same time I’m fairly sure that Law will end up incapacitated or dead by the end of the series and with Zoro confirmed to be a top tier, I get the feeling that his power ceiling will be higher than Law’s.

Tbh I wasn’t expecting Oda to be so explicit in foreshadowing Zoro’s role in the fight against Kaido. You’d expect the top 3 supernova captains Luffy Law and Kid but seeing Zoro in the mix will be awesome, especially if he teams up with Luffy for a combination attack.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I’m really not sure how to rank Law given that if he ever used his powers to his full potential, he would be massively overpowered. Oda can’t seem to give Law a break lol. At the same time I’m fairly sure that Law will end up incapacitated or dead by the end of the series and with Zoro confirmed to be a top tier, I get the feeling that his power ceiling will be higher than Law’s.

Tbh I wasn’t expecting Oda to be so explicit in foreshadowing Zoro’s role in the fight against Kaido. You’d expect the top 3 supernova captains Luffy Law and Kid but seeing Zoro in the mix will be awesome, especially if he teams up with Luffy for a combination attack.
He does have a lot of potential, but seems like a one trick pony. Mingo had knowledge on him and mid diffed him without awakening. With Law being a swordsman the most I can see him is being as strong as Mihawk EOS, while Zoro is above that, but even that is kinda wishful thinking.

I agree, Oda is making it quite clear that Zoro will be in the fight. All the scenes, the sword, avenging Yasu, liberating Wano. I like the panel when Yasu iirc says No one has taken Kaido's head in 20 years.

Found it.

He does have a lot of potential, but seems like a one trick pony. Mingo had knowledge on him and mid diffed him without awakening. With Law being a swordsman the most I can see him is being as strong as Mihawk EOS, while Zoro is above that, but even that is kinda wishful thinking.

I agree, Oda is making it quite clear that Zoro will be in the fight. All the scenes, the sword, avenging Yasu, liberating Wano. I like the panel when Yasu iirc says No one has taken Kaido's head in 20 years.

Found it.
Hmm true although I remember someone pointing out that Law had been trying to rescue the Straw Hats and cutting meteors beforehand meaning he wasn’t quite at full strength. All the same, I don’t know how much Oda will let Law grow in this arc given that Law doesn’t have any foreshadowed powerups. Zoro should at least move up to tier 1 supernova by the end of Wano, probably surpassing Law on his way to surpassing Oden.

You can see Zoro’s power progression in non canon materials as well. World Seeker has Zoro vs Fujitora and Zoro vs Fujitora was a big part of Stampede’s marketing. All of this suggests that Zoro has pulled away from the rest of the crew and is closer to Luffy in terms of strength. Oda is already getting audiences used to the idea of Zoro being able to tussle with the YCs and Admirals, although if Stampede is to be believed, he’s still a long way away from fighting Mihawk.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Hmm true although I remember someone pointing out that Law had been trying to rescue the Straw Hats and cutting meteors beforehand meaning he wasn’t quite at full strength. All the same, I don’t know how much Oda will let Law grow in this arc given that Law doesn’t have any foreshadowed powerups. Zoro should at least move up to tier 1 supernova by the end of Wano, probably surpassing Law on his way to surpassing Oden.

You can see Zoro’s power progression in non canon materials as well. World Seeker has Zoro vs Fujitora and Zoro vs Fujitora was a big part of Stampede’s marketing. All of this suggests that Zoro has pulled away from the rest of the crew and is closer to Luffy in terms of strength. Oda is already getting audiences used to the idea of Zoro being able to tussle with the YCs and Admirals, although if Stampede is to be believed, he’s still a long way away from fighting Mihawk.
Maybe he wasn't at 100 percent but he wasn't far from it. Still awakening Mingo vs full power Law is the same, maybe even easier for Mingo. True, Law hasn't been shown doing anything, and even if he grew passively like the SHC between islands, it won't be a sizable gap between Wano Law and DR Law. Having Law show off something new in Wano would feel like a plot hole, since he should have used that against the man who he dreamt to beat. Imo, Luffy and Zoro are the top SN right now. Luffy edging him out a bit.

Agree. Even in the manga, Zoro pushed Fuji back under the pressure of immense gravity, and Fuji noted that that was rather ornery. Zoro is put on a high pedestal by Oda, from what I heard almost all the SN were used as hype for Bullet and basically destroyed, while Zoro was set up against Fuji and held his own. Zoro also wanted to fight Fuji in DR again, telling Luffy to tag him in. Imo, there was a reason Zoro wasn't in WCI, he would have dealt with Cracker way easier than Luffy did, but it would also take away from other strawhats and their usefulness. But, yeah, he is still far away from Mihawk, a first mate battle, some experience against Kaido, Shiryu for COO training, and later an Admiral, to prepare him for Mihawk.

Agree. Even in the manga, Zoro pushed Fuji back under the pressure of immense gravity, and Fuji noted that that was rather ornery.
Zoro sliced through the gravity holding him down and even pushed Fuji back using his weakest blade. I know this idea might be tough to swallow for the majority of the fandom, but it does raise the possibility that Zoro came out of the timeskip as >= Luffy.

The fact that Oda is portraying Zoro alongside admirals and hyping his opponents should tell the fandom all they need to know about where Zoro will end up. I’m not sure why some people are so insecure about Zoro surpassing Shanks given that he may well fight the Gorosei wielder of Shodai kitetsu, who would have to be yonko level or above to pose a credible threat.

Zoro held his own against Fuji very well. Fuji summoned a meteor and walked away from the fight, leaving it inconclusive. Zoro managed to split the meteor with ISDS but couldn’t react in time to split the flaming halves of the meteor which were about to fall and kill Barto and Cavendish.
Mihawk sliced the meteor into harmless pieces, either making his slash fly around Zoro or using BOAT to ensure Zoro was unharmed. Hinting that even though Zoro is strong enough to fight Fuji, he’s still got a way to go before he’s able to beat the WSS at his own game.

Last edited:
So 60 year old Usopp is boasting about Luffy and Zoro... seems like those two made the biggest names for themselves... nicely done Oda :myman:
I think that should be kind of a given though, I don't think even the most hard core fans of other straw hats don't argue that Zoro and Luffy will make the biggest name out of anyone simply cuz of their ambitions.

Well besides a few Sanjitards but then again those Sanjitards are as delusional as people who believe earth is flat so it doesn't really matter.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Zoro sliced through the gravity holding him down and even pushed Fuji back using his weakest blade. I know this idea might be tough to swallow for the majority of the fandom, but it does raise the possibility that Zoro came out of the timeskip as >= Luffy.

The fact that Oda is portraying Zoro alongside admirals and hyping his opponents should tell the fandom all they need to know about where Zoro will end up. I’m not sure why some people are so insecure about Zoro surpassing Shanks given that he may well fight the Gorosei wielder of Shodai kitetsu, who would have to be yonko level or above to pose a credible thread.

Zoro held his own against Fuji very well. Fuji summoned a meteor and walked away from the fight, leaving it inconclusive. Zoro managed to split the meteor with ISDS but couldn’t react in time to split the flaming halves of the meteor which were about to fall and kill Barto and Cavendish.
Mihawk sliced the meteor into harmless pieces, either making his slash fly around Zoro or using BOAT to ensure Zoro was unharmed. Hinting that even though Zoro is strong enough to fight Fuji, he’s still got a way to go before he’s able to beat the WSS at his own game.
Exactly. I do not understand the problem with that. Luffy had enough time to catch up. Zoro had the best master he could ask for to train him, while Luffy was trained by Ray, an exceptional teacher, but primarily a swordsman, he helped him with the basics of haki, but Mihawk for sure taught Zoro more. Ray even left Luffy alone for 6 months.

People cannot accept that. It comes from insecure Luffy fans who think that if Zoro is near Luffy something is wrong, and insecure Sanji fans who wish for Sanji to be near Zoro. Zoro being near or dead equal with Luffy is nothing new, there were arcs in which Zoro would have beaten Luffy pre TS, Whiskey Peak being the best indicator. Zoro surpassing Shanks means a lot of things. First, Mihawk>Shanks. Secondly, it places Zoro in the creme of the crop of the verse. It places EOS Zoro close to Luffy, cause there isn't a lot above the Yonko. Etc.

Damn. Mihawk is too OP.
:steef:

Last edited:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Exactly. I do not understand the problem with that. Luffy had enough time to catch up. Zoro had the best master he could ask for to train him, while Luffy was trained by Ray, an exceptional teacher, but primarily a swordsman, he helped him with the basics of haki, but Mihawk for sure taught Zoro more. Ray even left Luffy alone for 6 months.

People cannot accept that. It comes from insecure Luffy fans who think that if Zoro is near Luffy something is wrong, and insecure Sanji fans who wish for Sanji to be near Zoro. Zoro being near or dead equal with Luffy is nothing new, there were arcs in which Zoro would have beaten Luffy pre TS, Whiskey Peak being the best indicator. Zoro surpassing Shanks means a lot of things. First, Mihawk>Shanks. Secondly, it places Zoro in the creme of the crop of the verse. It places EOS Zoro close to Luffy, cause there isn't a lot above the Yonko. Etc.

Damn. Mihawk is too OP.
:steef:
Yeah...I guess people also think that the regular Yonko crew structure is gonna reflect how the Straw Hats will wind up power-wise EoS despite the fact that Roger and Shanks (who more closely resemble the Straw Hats) had Captain/First Mates with much closer relationships and power levels.

As for the teachers, that's something that people like to ignore...plus the motivations for getting stronger that each Straw Hat had. Luffy obviously got his "frog in the well" moment in Marineford...and Zoro had the repeated "failures" of Thriller Bark and Saobody plus his inability to help Luffy during MF to push him harder during the TS. That plus his teacher being a DF-less swordsman like himself...and the fact that Zoro already tapped into Haki prior to his training meant that he got a hell of a lot of mileage out of his training with Mihawk - the scar over his eye just adds to that fact. :catsweat:

(And you mean the Godhawk is too OP)

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah...I guess people also think that the regular Yonko crew structure is gonna reflect how the Straw Hats will wind up power-wise EoS despite the fact that Roger and Shanks (who more closely resemble the Straw Hats) had Captain/First Mates with much closer relationships and power levels.

As for the teachers, that's something that people like to ignore...plus the motivations for getting stronger that each Straw Hat had. Luffy obviously got his "frog in the well" moment in Marineford...and Zoro had the repeated "failures" of Thriller Bark and Saobody plus his inability to help Luffy during MF to push him harder during the TS. That plus his teacher being a DF-less swordsman like himself...and the fact that Zoro already tapped into Haki prior to his training meant that he got a hell of a lot of mileage out of his training with Mihawk - the scar over his eye just adds to that fact. :catsweat:

(And you mean the Godhawk is too OP)
Absolutely agree. People don't realize, or better to say don't want to realize, that that kind of structure is not present in the SHC. Zoro's goal is to be the WSS, a certified top tier, and an upper echelon top tier, someone who is at the top, regular first mates are nothing in comparison to that. Zoro is very likely going to beat a first mate in this arc, and we are still far away from EOS and his maximum level. Someone who works as Zoro's parallel was able to fight against an Admiral in his old age without having picked up a sword in 20 years and just playing around, drinking, and getting chicks. Mihawk is arguably above prime Ray, and Zoro will go beyond that.

Of course. Each of them focused on what they do. Luffy and Zoro fighting, Sanji was on the island getting recipes to help his crew, Nami studying weather patterns, Chopper becoming a better doctor, etc. Mihawk was the best teacher for Zoro. For Luffy it is hard to pin point exactly who could help him more, maybe Garp, then again he is a dfless brawler, but could have maybe helped him more than Ray. Zoro made a vow never to lose, until he beats that man, specifically referring to Mihawk, @Den_Den_Mushi pointed it out earlier here somewhere. Coupled with what you said Zoro is never going to be a regular first mate, he is gonna be much more than that, and even much more than Ray and Beckman, specifically Ray, imo Prime Ray>>Beckman, old ray>=Beckman.

True that. People are gonna be so mad once we see him in action and not jerking around. Yc1, low top tier, mid top tier my ass.