Speculations Franky vs Sasaki

Yes, "Zoro will decapitate Kaido" guy. You're a very logical person. Too bad you forgot, X-Drake already defected, so there are only 5 Tobi Roppo left, and Sanji is with Black Maria.
I’m more of a Zoro scarring kaido kind of man but it’s irrelevant here
Ah yes sanji the man who never hits a woman with Black Maria he’ll definitely beat her right?
So what if x drake left? How does that change anything
Post automatically merged:

If the strawhats aren’t gonna fight the Tobi Roppo who will?

Return to what? Getting obliterated? Even Hyogoro that can blast Haki out of hand, said all he can do is "slow down" Tobi Roppo.

These guys are on Apoo's and X-Drake's level. P1 brushed off an Elephant Gun from Luffy. That means Usopp needs > G3 levels of power. Saying Nami and Usopp are going to beat them is mass stupidity. We told you guys, and still keep going at it.

That G3 punch almost KOed P1...

I’m more of a Zoro scarring kaido kind of man but it’s irrelevant here
Ah yes sanji the man who never hits a woman with Black Maria he’ll definitely beat her right?
So what if x drake left? How does that change anything

If the strawhats aren’t gonna fight the Tobi Roppo who will?
Literally this. There are virtually no other capable fighters to take on the Calamities and tobi roppo unless you expect every single Supernova and Yamato to take over those fights, and even then there still isn't enough or room to then handle Kaido/Big Mom.

You'd have to rely on this idea that more support is coming, then you also have to hope the BMP don't show up. You can't even waste one person on purely Numbers or smile fodder fights as an accomplishment, there is literally no additional characters whom are strong enough to be able to take the tobi roppo on without having the goal of fighting Kaido (sans Zoro, but I think hes going to be stopped by a Calamity first)

I made a whole thread on this, but it never gained traction: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...e-strawhat-pirates-vs-the-beast-pirates.8759/

Essentially:

- 10 strawhats
- 9 Scabbards (who should be done/too weak to fight anyone now)
- 6 other Supernova (who are either on Kaido's side currently (Hawkins), down (Apoo), or intending on fighting Kaido (Law, Kid, Killer, Drake)

Let's say you subtract the 9 Scabbards from the whole battle, and remove the 6 other Supernova +Marco to handle the 2 Yonko with Luffy.

Let's say you then, count the 9 remaining strawhats as available fighters (assuming Zoro isn't directly fighting Kaido first), there are:

- 10 Numbers
- 3 Calamities
- 5 Tobi Roppo

We know the Numbers and Smiles are practically fodder. Fukurokuju and Hotei a have virtually done nothing to warrant actual major battles for their minimal characterization (compared to the Tobi Roppo), leaving 8 villains under Kaido to handle. And guess what, Oda already paired Nami/Usopp to fight one (Ulti), 8 vs. 8:

- Ulti vs. Usopp/Nami
- P1 vs. Chopper
- Black Maria vs. Robin
- Sasaki vs. Franky
- WsW vs. Brook
- Jack vs. Jinbe
- Queen vs. Sanji
- King vs. Zoro

And 3 for the above have already been hinted at, set up or shown by Oda (Ulti chasing Nami/Usopp, Sasaki with Franky and Queen interested in Sanji)

This works JUST like some of Oda's older, more classic matchups. Its a great question:Who can legitimately fight the F6/Calamities they aren't already poised to fight Kaido (I'll leave the Zoro argument out to see if he manages to reach the roof)?

That G3 punch almost KOed P1...
That's Luffy. Even Sanji could fight him easily. Let someone like Chopper grow from that

Literally this. There are virtually no other capable fighters to take on the Calamities and tobi roppo unless you expect every single Supernova and Yamato to take over those fights, and even then there still isn't enough or room to then handle Kaido/Big Mom.

You'd have to rely on this idea that more support is coming, then you also have to hope the BMP don't show up. You can't even waste one person on purely Numbers or smile fodder fights as an accomplishment, there is literally no additional characters whom are strong enough to be able to take the tobi roppo on without having the goal of fighting Kaido (sans Zoro, but I think hes going to be stopped by a Calamity first)

I made a whole thread on this, but it never gained traction: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...e-strawhat-pirates-vs-the-beast-pirates.8759/

Essentially:

- 10 strawhats
- 6 other Supernova (who are either on Kaido's side currently (Hawkins), down (Apoo), or intending on fighting Kaido (Law, Kid, Killer, Drake)

Let's say you subtract the 9 Scabbards from the whole battle, and remove the 6 other Supernova +Marco to handle the 2 Yonko with Luffy.

Let's say you then, count the 9 remaining strawhats as available fighters (assuming Zoro isn't directly fighting Kaido first), there are:

- 10 Numbers
- 3 Calamities
- 5 Tobi Roppo

We know the Numbers and Smiles are practically fodder. Fukurokuju and Hotei a have virtually done nothing to warrant actual major battles for their minimal characterization (compared to the Tobi Roppo), leaving 8 villains under Kaido to handle. And guess what, Oda already paired Nami/Usopp to fight one (Ulti), 8 vs. 8:

- Ulti vs. Usopp/Nami
- P1 vs. Chopper
- Black Maria vs. Robin
- Sasaki vs. Franky
- WsW vs. Brook
- Jack vs. Jinbe
- Queen vs. Sanji
- King vs. Zoro

And 3 for the above have already been hinted at, set up or shown by Oda (Ulti chasing Nami/Usopp, Sasaki with Franky and Queen interested in Sanji)

This works JUST like some of Oda's older, more classic matchups. Its a great question:Who can legitimately fight the F6/Calamities they aren't already poised to fight Kaido (I'll leave the Zoro argument out to see if he manages to reach the roof)?

That's Luffy. Even Sanji could fight him easily. Let someone like Chopper grow from that
Agree with all of this except Usopp and Nami tag teaming Ulti while Chopper gets P1. I think that Numbers 6 and 9 job to Apoo and Hawkins, and then Numbers 1,2, and 3 (the strongest Numbers) fight Chopper.

Essentially:

- 10 strawhats

- 10 Numbers
- 3 Calamities
- 5 Tobi Roppo

- Ulti vs. Usopp/Nami
- P1 vs. Chopper
- Black Maria vs. Robin
- Sasaki vs. Franky
- WsW vs. Brook
- Jack vs. Jinbe
- Queen vs. Sanji
- King vs. Zoro

Agreed I don’t think Oda will let people’s views on what characters should be able to do stop him from doing what he wants
Besides this is the the kind of screen time the strawhats desperately need
Also who’s gonna fight them the yakuza bosses? Nobody even know a their names

Agree with all of this except Usopp and Nami tag teaming Ulti while Chopper gets P1. I think that Numbers 6 and 9 job to Apoo and Hawkins, and then Numbers 1,2, and 3 (the strongest Numbers) fight Chopper.
I disagree ussopp vs numbers seems like a good fight to me he can use his range to take them out or even use the Kibi dango

While I get where you are coming from, I frankly don't think Oda is going for this. The Numbers really don't seem ranked at all, and even "higher" ranking ones (4 and 5 KO'ed by Franky and Luffy respectively) seem pretty mindless. Even the 10 Number laughted at the 4 Number from being knocked out by Franky. They just seem so uncharacterized that I personally don't see anyone fighting them seriously

Maybe you are right though, I just think that since we've seen Usopp/Nami fight Ulti exclusively, and begin to give chase while P1 was being held up by the baboon, it may separate them for different fights.

I only argue that they fight Calamities/Tobi Roppo exclusively because they are good, characterized villains as opposed to the Numbers so far. Maybe 1-3 are impressive or all 10 have devil fruits, ill hold out for that.

Agreed I don’t think Oda will let people’s views on what characters should be able to do stop him from doing what he wants
Besides this is the the kind of screen time the strawhats desperately need
Also who’s gonna fight them the yakuza bosses? Nobody even know a their names

I disagree ussopp vs numbers seems like a good fight to me he can use his range to take them out or even use the Kibi dango
The problem is Oda is the one who chose to make the Tobi Roppo so powerful, each person draws his own conclusion based on what Oda does. Was it necessary for Oda to make Luffy almost go G4 for Ulti ? Not really, that was his choice.

The problem is Oda is the one who chose to make the Tobi Roppo so powerful, each person draws his own conclusion based on what Oda does. Was it necessary for Oda to make Luffy almost go G4 for Ulti ? Not really, that was his choice.
I doubt it was necessary for Luffy to G4 for a number yet Oda still had him do it. And there wasn't Law or KId around to instill a sense of competition in him so no "he went G4 to impress X".

Yeah. Remember that Luffy went Gear 2nd on Blueno,who was "weaker" than Fukuro and Kumadori, and yet Chopper/Franky beat those 2.

It all comes down to story merit. I personally think the strawhats benefit most from fighting the most important BP members opposed to giving it to secondary characters while they waste time on fodder, no matter strong they are. If we are to believe Luffy will beat Kaido this arc, his crew can beat his strongest members.

Tbf luffy has been using G4 pretty casually recently
Tobi Roppo are powerful but personally I would like strawhats to Be able to be to beat them though I honestly don’t know how he’ll do it

I still remember when people said that the Numbers is stronger and more interesting than the Tobi Roppo.:denzimote:
Gotta say I thought they would be stronger than they were so far but definitely not Tobi Roppo level as far as we've seen. It was when I thought there were 9 of them and not 10 and it seemed like Oda would pair 1 up each to the 9 strawhats or 9 scabbards as a warmup, but then they've all been so far 1 shot so that def not the case lol

They seem mainly here for hype material or just to move the plot with a move or an attack. Their small intro boxes should be evidence enough that they really aren't that important

Just let it be known that so far most Tobi Roppo and Calamity interactions (outside of Jack, Queen and WsW) with the enemy has been directed either a Strawhat or Yamato (who may even be a Strawhat by the arcs end). That should pretty much tell you Oda's intentions for the most part.

- Ulti: Luffy, Yamato and Nami/Usopp
- P1: Sanji, Luffy, and Nami/Usopp
- Black Maria: Sanji
- Sasaki: Yamato and Franky
- WsW: So far, only Drake but used to move the plot and get Drake to the good side. There us setup for him encountering Yamato at least.
- Jack: Like the above, to move plot and end the mink revenge plotline, has potential to encounter Luffy/Jinbe soon.
- Queen: Luffy, Big Mom, Drake, Luffy/Zoro, Chopper/Apoo, Zoro again, now has interest in Sanji
- King: Big Mom pirates, Sanji

The majority is overwhelming tailored to Luffy and his crew, outside of a few plot threads that have had things like Queen/WsW finding a traitor, or Jack fighting the Minks again. Now those things are done.

Last edited:
While I get where you are coming from, I frankly don't think Oda is going for this. The Numbers really don't seem ranked at all, and even "higher" ranking ones (4 and 5 KO'ed by Franky and Luffy respectively) seem pretty mindless. Even the 10 Number laughted at the 4 Number from being knocked out by Franky. They just seem so uncharacterized that I personally don't see anyone fighting them seriously

Maybe you are right though, I just think that since we've seen Usopp/Nami fight Ulti exclusively, and begin to give chase while P1 was being held up by the baboon, it may separate them for different fights.

I only argue that they fight Calamities/Tobi Roppo exclusively because they are good, characterized villains as opposed to the Numbers so far. Maybe 1-3 are impressive or all 10 have devil fruits, ill hold out for that.
Imo, Numbers 4-10 are ranked randomly, so their number doesn’t indicate their strength, but 1, 2, and 3 coincidentally just so happen to be the strongest. Basically Oda decided to make 4-10 the jobbers, and 1-3 the only ones to get any special feats/portrayal. Three is a pretty common number in literature, so it would make sense for a writing perspective if the first 3 Numbers did end up being a bigger deal. If the next Number introduced is either 6 or 9, then I think it’s very likely that Oda does have bigger plans for those 3, since it would be very unlikely, statistically speaking for none of 1/2/3 to be amongst the first 6 Numbers introduced. If 6 and 9 are the next 2 introduced, then that basically confirms that Oda has bigger plans for 1/2/3 since the odds of those 3 Numbers being the last 3 Numbers introduced without there being a storytelling reason for doing so seems rather unlikely. However, Oda could very will end up introducing 1, 2, or 3 next for all we know and end up killing this theory

Yeah. Remember that Luffy went Gear 2nd on Blueno,who was "weaker" than Fukuro and Kumadori, and yet Chopper/Franky beat those 2.

It all comes down to story merit. I personally think the strawhats benefit most from fighting the most important BP members opposed to giving it to secondary characters while they waste time on fodder, no matter strong they are. If we are to believe Luffy will beat Kaido this arc, his crew can beat his strongest members.
That's true but it was said Blueno's Tekkai was crazy, that was his forte. It was strong enough to tank a powerful kick Sanji threw with crazy spin. Kumadori and Fukuro's defense wasn't as good as his. Luffy's main strength in G2 comes from his speed, it's not pure strength oriented like G3.

Imo, Numbers 4-10 are ranked randomly, so their number doesn’t indicate their strength, but 1, 2, and 3 coincidentally just so happen to be the strongest. Basically Oda decided to make 4-10 the jobbers, and 1-3 the only ones to get any special feats/portrayal. Three is a pretty common number in literature, so it would make sense for a writing perspective if the first 3 Numbers did end up being a bigger deal. If the next Number introduced is either 6 or 9, then I think it’s very likely that Oda does have bigger plans for those 3, since it would be very unlikely, statistically speaking for none of 1/2/3 to be amongst the first 6 Numbers introduced. If 6 and 9 are the next 2 introduced, then that basically confirms that Oda has bigger plans for 1/2/3 since the odds of those 3 Numbers being the last 3 Numbers introduced without there being a storytelling reason for doing so seems rather unlikely. However, Oda could very will end up introducing 1, 2, or 3 next for all we know and end up killing this theory
Potentially, i wouldn't mind you being right here. It would be nice to have a few that are competent/can actually talk and are strong