Future Events Will Oda really have the balls to end the Luffy show?

I won’t say it’s bad writing if it happens, I’ll say I misinterpreted the hints. Speaking of which, I’m curious to inow what will be most Zoro fans’ stance if it doesn’t happen.
we are winning either way we will have Zoro vs Kaido : scarring him and get adknowledged as being as strong as oden and fighting with his captain to defeat him and if ZKK happens how would the fandom react even with the hints around ?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Nah just couldn't be bothered replying to delusion while surfing on mobile. Oden's inherited will is all related the scar he gave to Kaido, which is why he tells to the scabbards they aren't the ones since they can't even open his old scar. It's a setup for it happening again for the one inheriting Oden's sword, that's about it

There is no set up just to scar kaido
The set up for the one who opens the scar is the one kaido thinks is the one worthy of killing him.
This is actually whats said and this is the whole sequence of that part,

It starts of with doji outright saying this fight isnt over until his head is severed. I e this war wont be over until hes dead.

so kaidos words

I saw a visage of oden

I could have let you kill me
But you are not oden

We will never see a monstrous samurai like oden again

Its too shallow you dont even have enough power to open the old wound

people just focus on his last line instead of his whole speech and just say zoro will just open the wound without looking at why kaido said that,
kaido was going to let the scabbards kill him until he realized they are not oden they are not as strong as oden they couldnt even open the wound oden gave him
so the samurai that CAN open the scar that IS as monstrous as oden IS the one he will accept that kills him.
The set up isnt for there to be someone to just open the wound, but the one who does that is capable of killing him. And thats kaidos own view.
To make it simple so you can understand

kaido is saying YOU CANT KILL ME YOURE WEAK YOU CANT EVEN OPEN THE SCAR
so whoever can scar him is strong enough to kill him

Just like your talk about Zoro killing Kaido being as mentioned once again inexistent in the manga since it was cleared by Stephen that Oda never use the word "kill" with Zoro, and simple to understand even without this information for any reason who read one piece thus far, with Oda himself saying in an SBS that he doesn't like to kill villain, but prefer destroying their dreams
Why are you lying, all he said was oda worded it in a way that if he doesnt die it still fits
and doesnt like to doesnt mean he wont
besides
zoro said the SAME THING about kaido as he did here

and guess what happened

Law gunned for the main villain of dressrosa much more than Zoro, has actual history with him from their child days, didn't stop Oda in making Luffy the one to defeat Doflamingo
Once again doflamingo isnt the one who has 18 FAILED CAPTURES

There is no set up just to scar kaido
The set up for the one who opens the scar is the one kaido thinks is the one worthy of killing him.
This is actually whats said and this is the whole sequence of that part,

It starts of with doji outright saying this fight isnt over until his head is severed. I e this war wont be over until hes dead.

so kaidos words

I saw a visage of oden

I could have let you kill me
But you are not oden

We will never see a monstrous samurai like oden again

Its too shallow you dont even have enough power to open the old wound

people just focus on his last line instead of his whole speech and just say zoro will just open the wound without looking at why kaido said that,
kaido was going to let the scabbards kill him until he realized they are not oden they are not as strong as oden they couldnt even open the wound oden gave him
so the samurai that CAN open the scar that IS as monstrous as oden IS the one he will accept that kills him.
The set up isnt for there to be someone to just open the wound, but the one who does that is capable of killing him. And thats kaidos own view.
To make it simple so you can understand

kaido is saying YOU CANT KILL ME YOURE WEAK YOU CANT EVEN OPEN THE SCAR
so whoever can scar him is strong enough to kill him

Why are you lying, all he said was oda worded it in a way that if he doesnt die it still fits
and doesnt like to doesnt mean he wont
besides
zoro said the SAME THING about kaido as he did here

and guess what happened

Once again doflamingo isnt the one who has 18 FAILED CAPTURES
Thanks bro i was going for that same panel with the dragon. I guess he didn't kill that dragon either. Lmfaooooooo :gokulaugh: the way it so easy to dismantle their arguments.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Truly amazing how many folks here are willing to accept the status quo simply because it’s a shonen...if you don’t expect more out of the creators you support, you won’t get the product at its fullest potential. Accepting good when great is an option is usually a poor choice, but something tells me that’s lost on a lot of you.

One Piece’s appeal has long come from seeing how the variety of interesting and nuanced characters Oda draws interact with and, more importantly, fight against each other. Used to be that all the SHP would get their own distinct opponent in any given arc and we would see them overcome sometimes significant odds to bring the various villains down...I literally can’t remember anyone other than the main character getting a real fight in Punk Hazard or WCI, two major post-time skip arcs that have more than a few detractors. Fishman Island may not have lived up to expectations, but all of Luffy’s friends got to show off some new skills; Dressrosa was an interminable slog by the end, but all the Straw Hats that got caught in the Birdcage had MVP moments against Doffy’s gang; Wano has been up and down, but everyone seems to be getting a taste so far with the promise of more to come. This series truly only works when Oda calls upon his entire lineup to take a few swings, not when Luffy is hitting homers while everyone else rides the bench.

Truly amazing how many folks here are willing to accept the status quo simply because it’s a shonen...if you don’t expect more out of the creators you support, you won’t get the product at its fullest potential. Accepting good when great is an option is usually a poor choice, but something tells me that’s lost on a lot of you.

One Piece’s appeal has long come from seeing how the variety of interesting and nuanced characters Oda draws interact with and, more importantly, fight against each other. Used to be that all the SHP would get their own distinct opponent in any given arc and we would see them overcome sometimes significant odds to bring the various villains down...I literally can’t remember anyone other than the main character getting a real fight in Punk Hazard or WCI, two major post-time skip arcs that have more than a few detractors. Fishman Island may not have lived up to expectations, but all of Luffy’s friends got to show off some new skills; Dressrosa was an interminable slog by the end, but all the Straw Hats that got caught in the Birdcage had MVP moments against Doffy’s gang; Wano has been up and down, but everyone seems to be getting a taste so far with the promise of more to come. This series truly only works when Oda calls upon his entire lineup to take a few swings, not when Luffy is hitting homers while everyone else rides the bench.
So true, I don't understand why Oda is doing this...maybe the jap audience is all about Luffy...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So true, I don't understand why Oda is doing this...maybe the jap audience is all about Luffy...
In the most basic sense, I understand the move...Luffy IS a very fun and appealing character to most OP fans, so it’s natural that the focus would shift to only him after so many years. That would be fine in a series with much lower stakes, but for all his charisma and spirit, it’s been stated in so many direct and indirect ways that he cannot succeed in becoming Pirate King without his allies. To then shunt them to the sidelines feels tone deaf and cheap, like all of a sudden (i.e. most of the last ten years) he’s the only one who matters and everyone else is swimming in his wake. Even if that’s true or required, Oda could have done a much better job selling it to the older fans of this series. Then again, to be fair, the author can’t be much clearer about how little our opinions matter to him now.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
At the end of an arc, there will always be the Luffy show, but it doesn't mean others won't get to shine.
This is not necessarily a rule however. We are all conscious of how crucial and prominent a big fandom can prove when it comes to plot, this is also why Luffy has been unceasingly sparking for all these years... but Zoro's fanbase is booming rapidly and the prospectus is rose-coloured. It's really no coincidence that for once Oda is lending Zoro's character so much highlight in my opinion.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Hell no.

Outside of getting his leg broken by Vergo, Sanji's last major fight happened over a decade ago.
Even Zoro only got some disappointing skirmishes (Monet, Pica) since the timeskip.

This is the Luffy show.

The MC couldn't solve the BM situation in WCI
BigMom was not the main villain in that arc and the objective was never about defeating BigMom....
Post automatically merged:

you are missing the point, Oda never changed regarding Luffy, he is all about defeating main boss.....the problem was his crew not getting enough fights...Oda has given side characters more shine than SH other than Zoro....this won't be a problem if all SH gets to shine....

Duh. Sanji stopped big mom with his role on the crew being a chef. Zoros not going to cook for kaido is he thats not his role.
Lets go back to dressrosa where luffy had the princess of the arc begging him to beat doffy all the way until king kong gun
he has nothing like that this arc
his only emotional tie to wano is not letting tama go hungry (something that even zoro has too on top of all the other ties that luffy doesnt)

what else oh he told momo he would beat kaido (SOMETHING HE SAID HE WAS GONNA DO TO LAW BEFORE HE EVEN MET MOMO)
in reality luffys motivations are selfhish and no different to kidd as shown here

luffy can shine plenty theres a reason there is 2 yonko here and thats not even counting he can beat kaido up too but i dont think hes finishing him.
I agree with every thg ing except luffy's are definitely not selfish

BigMom was not the main villain in that arc and the objective was never about defeating BigMom....
Post automatically merged:

you are missing the point, Oda never changed regarding Luffy, he is all about defeating main boss.....the problem was his crew not getting enough fights...Oda has given side characters more shine than SH other than Zoro....this won't be a problem if all SH gets to shine....
Like i said, The MC couldn't solve the BM situation a cook had to do it. Just like he can't solve the problem of taking somebody head who always going to get up.