General & Others The Whitebeard pirates never knew Wano was Kaido’s territory for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait for explanation even if Wb didn't know where Kaido was Neku and Inu had 18 years to tell him what happened and if Marco really didn't know when Neku went to him we would've seen some tears
You expect this to be explained further?

Why? Do you think Oda actually cares that much about establishing so.e kind of grief on Marco's part?

Seems more likely that Izo is the one who should care since Oden raised him and yet IZO ALSO NEVER WENT TO WANO FOR 20 YEARS

I think we are going to get more on this when Izo encounter the Scabbards.

But seems that even If Kaido is already big fish 20 years ago, he's not on emperor lvl, so WB assumed that Oden could take care of him by himself.

Today everyone know that Kaido resides in Wano, but 25/20y ago that is not what seems, in the years Oden live in Wano after Raftel the country is not as bad as it is today so why the WBP would go there by that time.

We could even imagine that WB in some point hear about Kaido take over of Wano and even Oden death but was already to late to do something.

But i think the only info he had is that Kaido is living there and not on how nas the situation really is. Kaido livig there seems to be the only thing the world know about today Wano, as even the Marines dont have much info on what happens there until Drake.

Well by the time he realized Kaido probably already established himself ahas big in the game. WB didn't want to do anything after tatch died either.
Yes he did, tf you on about? And people dying shouldn’t have stopped him as garp himself said that even if they killed ace he would still come for revenge.
Post automatically merged:

You expect this to be explained further?

Why? Do you think Oda actually cares that much about establishing so.e kind of grief on Marco's part?

Seems more likely that Izo is the one who should care since Oden raised him and yet IZO ALSO NEVER WENT TO WANO FOR 20 YEARS
Never even seemed to care about his SISTER whom we saw in the flashback to be very close to.

H

Haoshoku

After some people were making excuses like “Ace was only in Tama’s village” or “Ace didn’t go that deep into Wano Territory”, well turns out he did just that. The dude even fought Kaido

Now Ace going out of his way to try and kill Kaido more than likely means he was frustrated with something Kaido did (perhaps Tama’s situation and Yamato’s/whatever else), hence why it makes absolutely no sense for Marco not to know about “how bad” the situation in Wano was.

998 just made this look worse.

After some people were making excuses like “Ace was only in Tama’s village” or “Ace didn’t go that deep into Wano Territory”, well turns out he did just that. The dude even fought Kaido

Now Ace going out of his way to try and kill Kaido more than likely means he was frustrated with something Kaido did (perhaps Tama’s situation and Yamato’s/whatever else), hence why it makes absolutely no sense for Marco not to know about “how bad” the situation in Wano was.

Wait for those dumb excuses "Ace thought WB was talking about Yamato, hahahah. Velly funny Oda-senpai"
:zosleepy:

Dont bother dude, its obviously a plothole,
These people who defend oda's writing lately probably worship him like some sort of a god, oda's peak was when he writes enies lobby, after that everything is when downhill....

Wasn't it only just the Sabaody arc when Doflamingo stated that SMILES were about to become the new thing? Did the factories exist prior to that?

Given Ace's track record, he could have just went to Wano to challenge Kaido from the beginning, and not because of some justice for the people type of scenario. If that was the case, then why would he have left in the first place?

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
Wasn't it only just the Sabaody arc when Doflamingo stated that SMILES were about to become the new thing? Did the factories exist prior to that?

Given Ace's track record, he could have just went to Wano to challenge Kaido from the beginning, and not because of some justice for the people type of scenario. If that was the case, then why would he have left in the first place?
Dawg stop.....this **** jus fucked up

Last edited:
I mean, it has to make sense from a narrative standpoint right? So here is our options. Oda forgot about everything regarding Ace and the fact that he was part of the Whitebeard Pirates, right to down to the type of personality he designed for the character, or Wano's full on decline didn't start until after Ace visited there.

Are we going with he just forgot?

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
I mean, it has to make sense from a narrative standpoint right? So here is our options. Oda forgot about everything regarding Ace and the fact that he was part of the Whitebeard Pirates, right to down to the type of personality he designed for the character, or Wano's full on decline didn't start until after Ace visited there.

Are we going with he just forgot?
It HAS to make narrative sense, or you WANT it to make narrative sense? Cause those are 2 different things my dude....

I mean Ace isn’t tha type to jus start random unnecessary fights. He’s gonna have a legitimate reason

Not to mention that, Kaidou has ruled Wano for 2 decades I doubt tha decline jus started 2-3 years ago.....

To summarize the issue:

1) Wano was already in a very bad state when Oden visited it before travelling to Laugh Tale. His retainers were living in poverty and factories were built by then, so the decline started more than twenty years ago.

2) Ace had a friendship with a village that was suffering Kaido's tirany and now we find out that he tried to kill him.

3) And more importantly, Whitebeard wasn't stupid. He noticed right from the start that Oden was a conqueror, a wild beast and didn't want him to join his crew because he had a bad experience in a crew full of kings whose dynamics literally consisted on attacking each other because they weren't meant to be followers. On top of that, Kaido is pretty much known as a beastly monster and his right hand men are so savage that they're nicknamed after natural disasters. It is pretty much unbelivable that Whitebeard knew about Kaido being in Wano and didn't authomatically infere that something was wrong with Oden because those two simply wouldn't get along. And we could find an excuse if Whitebeard didn't personally know Kaido, but they were crewmates once and the memory he retained from those times was that of a disfunctional group of wild beasts that couldn't get along.

If Oda follows the "hehe Yamato introduced herself as Kozuki Oden so Ace said Oden was alive and fine" it will be just ludicrous at this point.

It HAS to make narrative sense, or you WANT it to make narrative sense? Cause those are 2 different things my dude....

I mean Ace isn’t tha type to jus start random unnecessary fights. He’s gonna have a legitimate reason

Not to mention that, Kaidou has ruled Wano for 2 decades I doubt tha decline jus started 2-3 years ago.....
Ace started an unnecessary fight with Jinbei, to have an unnecessary fight with Whitebeard.

And honestly, if it is just a plot hole, it's not really a big concern for me, but from what we know, SMILES didn't become a thing until two years ago. So obviously the factories weren't there poisoning the Country prior to that. I mean, Caesar didn't even start producing SAD, until after Akainu and Aokiji had their fight on Punk Hazard.

So giving the basic information that we do know of about everything building up to this Arc, that we can try and use to piece together a timeframe, is it really a plot hole (yet) or is it a plot hole because you want it to be?

Ace started an unnecessary fight with Jinbei, to have an unnecessary fight with Whitebeard.
This is a bit of a simplification. He didn't have an unnecessary fight with Whitebeard, he wanted to challenge the strongest man in the world known for rivalling his biological father because of his existential complex and his angry personality before finding a family, and Jinbe just happened to stand in his way. I see nothing "unnecessary" about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.