Chapter Discussion Whitebeard is still a big chad ! 999 explaination and how you feel about it ?

Do you still like Whitebeard ?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Here is a thread to talk about the WB and Oden and Wano part of the plot. The 999 chapter gave us the final informations as to why WB didn't went there to kill Kaido.

Do you like this explaination ? Does it make sense to you ?

And how do you feel about WB ? And if you were in his shoes when learning Oden death what would you do ?

And don't forget WB is still a Chad and a wonderful character !

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
My spam thoughts from the chapter thread
Crammed chapter. Credit to Oda and his team for the effort. Even more impressive, there’s a singular thematic thread tying together every past and present event shown. The Will of D. This is one of most important Luffy chapters in the entire manga. If you read closely, every scene is directly or indirectly proclaiming Luffy as Joy Boy. Especially Whitebeard’s decision not to pursue Kaido. I know the few Luffy fans we have here probably feel the same way (Although seeing some of those poll results there are a lot of hidden Luffy stans here....where y'all hiding at? :watchout:)

Here’s how I see the sequence of events:

1) Oden and Roger discover the Will of D and One Piece. Realize they’re 20 years too early to be Joy Boy’s inheritors
2) Roger declares his son will be the man Joy Boy is waiting for
3) Oden refuses Roger’s assistance, vows to prepare Wano and “wait” 20 years for Joy Boy.
Not going to rant again on Toki’s wasted potential here.

4) Roger meets Whitebeard. Explains the Will of D, Joy Boy and One Piece
5) Whitebeard takes in Ace believing, that being Roger’s son, he was destined to be the man Roger and Joy Boy are waiting for

Whitebeard found out the hard way Ace wasn’t the one, but knew someone will certainly arrive as per Joy Boy’s prophecy. He bowed out stating as much, ending the old era and setting the stage for Joy Boy’s inheritor.

Whitebeard wanted to save Ace, but as jarring as it is to realize after 400 chapters, it wasn’t just because he was family. He believed Ace to be the one to open Wano as Joy Boy. Certainly, he wanted to avenge Oden, but knew it was pointless. Only Joy Boy could. Unlike hot headed Ace, he had a bird’s eye view of the next 20 years, Will of D and One Piece. As the leader of the era, he made the unemotional politically and historically sound decision. Losing crewmates in a Yonko war that’ll probably drag on for days wouldn’t bring Oden back. And as per Oden and the prophecy, only Joy Boy (or Ace in Whitebeard’s belief) could achieve Oden’s dream 20 years after the time. Ace wasn't ready.

Yamato read Oden’s journal. She obtained the same knowledge Whitebeard had. She knew Joy Boy would appear on this day on Wano. She’s been waiting for Luffy. The man started a revolution while shackled in an underground prison, of course it's his fate. The D storm is coming :madmonk::afrokappa:
TL;DR: Luffy is about to, unintentionally of course, turn the world upside down :finally:
When I first read the small spoiler, it felt weird having Whitebeard's reasoning behind ignoring Wano here. When the full summary and chapter were out it made sense though. The entire chapter is about who will be Joy Boy's heir. Whitebeard believed it to be Ace but knew it was 20 years in the future. So no point in acting now. It all clicks when you read the Yamato "fate" scene and Marco "New Generation" scene.

Not sure about a thread though lol Not really the kind of thread that the people here look for.

Thanks for the nice words. And this what I have to say to people that wanna jump on the Luffy wagon now.
They thought Oda wanked Luffy before, wait till they see what's about to happen :gokulaugh:

i don’t like it all and it’s isn’t just whitebeard it’s the whole crew except ace this isn’t the same energy we got pre time skip when tatch was killed and ace was captured

i definitely don’t like whitebeard and crew like i used to the explanation was bad oda cornered himself with all the the flashbacks and this is how he fixes it so it’s not just a major plot hole

This is what I fill about it.

Oda brutally killed Whitbeard's character, everything that I once liked in one piece is being destroyed. What can I tell to you.
Post automatically merged:

Whitebeard's character lost nothing. He is a man of good heart, only people that know nothing or little of his character would affirm the contrary...
And you're the guy who knows Whitbeard's character? Ahhhahahaha, don't make me laugh... the only thing you know is Zoro, Zoro is your God, family, life etc. You don't exist Whiteout Zoro.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Here is a thread to talk about the WB and Oden and Wano part of the plot. The 999 chapter gave us the final informations as to why WB didn't went there to kill Kaido.

Do you like this explaination ? Does it make sense to you ?

And how do you feel about WB ? And if you were in his shoes when learning Oden death what would you do ?

And don't forget WB is still a Chad and a wonderful character !
#WBDIDNoThingWrong

When he went on against Navy, it was in their HQ - Marineford and to save Ace who was alive and was WB PK candidate. He was already past his prime which is evident that he had no intention to leave MF alive just to ensure his crew escape.

But in case of wano situation was totally different - Oden was dead and wano was already destroyed. And, war would further bring more chaos over wano and on his own crew with higher probability of involvement of navy and other yonkous as they won't sit quiet.

People are imposing their moral values without realizing that WB was a pirate and not some saint. He was yonkou and was not playing some childish game.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Exact same as the Blackbeard situation. In fact, Blackbeard was worse, because that was a crewmate killing another crewmate, and Whitebeard said to let that go.

I would like for the Rocks flashback to show Whitebeard considered Kaido to be a little brother like BM does to add another wrinkle to the situation, but this is completely in line with Whitebeard’s actions in the past.

i don’t like it all and it’s isn’t just whitebeard it’s the whole crew except ace this isn’t the same energy we got pre time skip when tatch was killed and ace was captured

i definitely don’t like whitebeard and crew like i used to the explanation was bad oda cornered himself with all the the flashbacks and this is how he fixes it so it’s not just a major plot hole
Whitebeard didn’t even want to go send ace after Blackbeard . Why would he want to go storm another country to fight a 30,000 strong army just to avenge a former member of his crew . These are pirates not little high school boys . I don’t think some of you realize that

Because the Wb did not help Oden, Ace could not stand the betrayal of Blackbeard (because he knew that whitebeard would do the same move again.) Ace went after Blackbeard. Shanks tried to stop him but our boy Whiteass comes up again and said to him ''mind your own business bitch.''.So , nobody could stop Ace in that time....
Ace's indirect killer is clearly whitebeard.
If Whitebeard just took a revenge from Kaido , Ace and Wb would be alive right now.

WB didn't say he doesn't forgive Kaido, he simply doesn't think it was wise to have an all out war with him & in his territory.
Same WB who didn't chase Blackbeard after killing Thatch but wanted to kill him so badly once he met him.

Also this is a Story about Pirates, not Drama Queens, Pirates kill & get killed, this was like the first idea Oda introduced in Chapter 1.
Oden & Kaido had a War & Kaido won, as simple as that. It wasn't like Betrayal or declaration of War against WB himself.

Pirates are supposed to accept death not get dramatic about it & go in revenge spree, this isn't Naruto or AoT.

Not happy about it,since we found out that Kaido and his goons were traveling outside of the Wano and that the island was left with Yamato(who is against Kaido) and bunch of weaker headliners,WB could easily met him on the sea when Kaido was having his expeditions and send small squad to assist Yamato in liberating Wano.I guess that Oda wanted to show us that yonkous are in deadlock and that they will move against each other that easily.

risking the death of his own crew members to save a country he is just remotely associated with.
this could make WB lose his grip on all the other islands hes protecting.

yeah, totally worth it to go to Wano and fight Kaido.

Oden went away from Wano.
he came back to challenege the new rules of the land.
he failed and died.
that was his own path. he already left the WB pirates.
he died on his own adventure.
WB does not need to clean up Odens mess.

WB knew Momo and Hiyori. he did not try to save the 2 kids. thats they only thing I can hold against WB in this.

and whats that nonsense about pre skip Teach > WB? are people mad?
Exact same as the Blackbeard situation. In fact, Blackbeard was worse, because that was a crewmate killing another crewmate, and Whitebeard said to let that go.
gross misinterpretation.
WB did not say he wanted to let BB get off the hook. he only said he did not want Ace to go after him. huge difference.
WB felt BB was more dangerous than then he first led them to believe. and he was right.