Chapter Discussion Whitebeard is still a big chad ! 999 explaination and how you feel about it ?

Do you still like Whitebeard ?

• Total voters
This is my only real problem too : Oden left for a year with roger + danced for 5 + WB knew about Oden demise few years later let's say 3/4 : so for 10 years WB didn't take any news about Oden ? Even 5 years is a lot given WB knew Roger adventure was over and Oden likely came back to Wano to open it.

I don't know if he knew Kaido was in Wano but even if he didn't know the lack of contacts between both is bothering
that is the last missing piece of the puzzle yes.
now we can only wait for the dialog between roger and WB. no way that doesnt contain anything about oden

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
After thinking about it for a day, here are some of my thoughts:

1) WB's portrayal didn't change per-se. We've already seen that he's hesitant to go on a "revenge tour", when he didn't personally go after BB and was also hesitant to let Ace go at first. He started a war with the marines, because this was more like a "rescue mission" instead of a "revenge tour" and there was actually something to gain for him personally (getting Ace back). In Oden's case, WB knew that he was dead and that a war with Kaido would cause a lot of casualties for him/his crew.

2) That brings us to the main problem, which didn't change with this chapter: The whole Oden-WB storyline is kind of cringeworthy and not really thought through. WB and Oden were as close as it gets. Heck, Oden even founded his own family (wife, children etc.) on WB's ship. We saw that WB loved Oden, even calling him "brother". Even when Oden temporarily left with Roger, they made sure to see each other again asap. Yet somehow WB never bothered visiting or helping Oden, when the latter returned to Wano. Oden basically had to dance like a fool for five long years, without his sworn brother ever looking after him. That's just bullshit, sorry. WB had to know that Kaido was on Wano and Oden was in danger, everyone in the New World knew it ffs, so don't come with "bUt NeWs DoN't CoMe OuT oF wAnO!!"

So my conclusion: His portrayal didn't change, but him not looking for Oden, after the latter returned from his voyage with Roger, still doesn't make any sense. Especially considering that WB must've known Kaido was on Wano and still didn't even visit for over five years ...
Just one point

1) WB had no obligation to baby sit about oden and how he is doing. This holds more weight because WB believed in oden's strength.

This is what he said to ace about oden which shows that WB believed in oden strength and could hold on his own

Doesn't matter how much Oda tries he can't ruin Wb
I don't like the reasoning but it's a plothole Oda maid with the time travel and this is the best method he could think of but still if he had let Wb meet Toki or find the jurnal and learn about the prophecy it would have been cooler and it would make Ace and Luffy not just the guys that will beat the Wg but the ones who are/were destined to avenge Oden and free Wano :kayneshrug:

This is my only real problem too : Oden left for a year with roger + danced for 5 + WB knew about Oden demise few years later let's say 3/4 : so for 10 years WB didn't take any news about Oden ? Even 5 years is a lot given WB knew Roger adventure was over and Oden likely came back to Wano to open it.

I don't know if he knew Kaido was in Wano but even if he didn't know the lack of contacts between both is bothering
Exactly. Five years is an eternity and just visiting once could've changed Oden's entire fate. It's also not like it was just Oden he had to visit there. He also knew Toki, Momo, etc. and even Izo had every reason to return home here and there.

On top of that WB & Co. weren't even busy searching for the One Piece or anything like that. They were just chilling their balls and had a good time in the New World.

So you're telling me that knowing all this he couldn't bring himself to pay his best friend and sworn brother one single visit in over five years?

That's not even touching the other major problem, that WB simply had to know that Kaido was in Wano. Everyone and their mama knew that. Doflamingo knew it, BM knew it, Shanks knew it etc.

Just one point

1) WB had no obligation to baby sit about oden and how he is doing. This holds more weight because WB believed in oden's strength.

This is what he said to ace about oden which shows that WB believed in oden strength and could hold on his own
Even if we believe that WB thought Oden was strong enough to beat Kaido, the fact that he didn't just visit his best friend and sworn brother for five long years (despite them telling each other that they want to meet asap again) is just completely unbelievable ...

Whitebeard was introduced as strongest pirate in the begenning. Oden incident happened some 20 years back. Didn't Kaido become yonko some time after roger execution?

It doesn't make sense why Whitebeard gone easy on Kaido. Some confrontation would have helped his case. All that hype and it ended as something like this.

It doesn't make sense why Whitebeard gone easy on Kaido. Some confrontation would have helped his case. All that hype and it ended as something like this.
The only explanation is that Whitebeard wanted to avoid too many losses and despite this was also valid for MF, the Ace matter was different. But there's no real ground to affirm that Whitebeard got scared of Kaido overall, he wasn't even a yonko at the time not to mention, and WB was never portrayed as a coward. It would be surprising differently.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Whitebeard was introduced as strongest pirate in the begenning. Oden incident happened some 20 years back. Didn't Kaido become yonko some time after roger execution?

55y WB was the strongest but he decided that it was too much risk for his family and people he protected to attack Kaido full head on.

He would have likely won but in a very hard fight and a lot of casualties for his men.

1- Whitebeard and Oden did not leave on good terms. Whitebeard was furious that Oden went with Roger.
2- Whitebeard knew the true history of the world from Roger, and thus that Wano’s borders would remain closed for twenty odd years until the promised time
3- Oden told Roger to tell Izo to stay on Whitebeard’s ship and not come back to Wano
4- Oden separated from the Roger Pirates totally convinced that he would be the one to open Wano’s borders and they would all meet again some day.
5- there’s nothing to suggest that Kaido was an Emperor back when Oden died, or that Whitebeard would be tracking his movements. It makes more sense to assume that Kaido was lying low on Wano and then used the ships and weapons he developed to launch his future empire.

I don’t think Whitebeard not checking in on Oden doesn’t make sense with all this in mind. He made a mistake. That happens. People fall out with their siblings all the time and go years without talking, and they don’t have a magic prophecy to fall back on as an excuse. It sucks, but it’s natural.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Because the Wb did not help Oden, Ace could not stand the betrayal of Blackbeard (because he knew that whitebeard would do the same move again.) Ace went after Blackbeard. Shanks tried to stop him but our boy Whiteass comes up again and said to him ''mind your own business bitch.''.So , nobody could stop Ace in that time....
Ace's indirect killer is clearly whitebeard.
If Whitebeard just took a revenge from Kaido , Ace and Wb would be alive right now.
Ace got himself killed because of his foolishness...It has fuck all to do with Whitebeard

Law was right.

In a sense, it's a symptom of the old generation as a whole, they are lazy. They just want to sit on their thrones and not disrupt the peace, even when their closest friend and crew are killed. This is who Whitebeard has always been. We saw it with Thatch and now Oden. We just weren't paying attention.

And it makes perfect sense to have it revealed in a chapter where Marco proclaim the rising new era. WB serves as a good contrast to Luffy, Kid, and Law who are the true world changers.

People should never doubt WB. Oden was dead, killed by Kaido (possibly already a Yonko). To avenge a dead man he wouldn't wanna risk the lives of his alive sons by charging into the another Yonko territory. Plus he knew the type of a man Oden was, even Izo didn't rush back to Wano, his home country.

The only explanation is that Whitebeard wanted to avoid too many losses and despite this was also valid for MF, the Ace matter was different. But there's no real ground to affirm that Whitebeard got scared of Kaido overall, he wasn't even a yonko at the time not to mention, and WB was never portrayed as a coward. It would be surprising differently.
If anything, Kaido should be scared of Whitebeard as he was already established big pirate in those days. May be there is more to story. Something grand as one piece shouldn't have simple plot holes like this. It can be fixed with few words. It's not like we are expecting scene to scene confrontation. He can off-screen it.

55y WB was the strongest but he decided that it was too much risk for his family and people he protected to attack Kaido full head on.

He would have likely won but in a very hard fight and a lot of casualties for his men.
He doesn't have to win it. Once seeing wano+kaido strength, he could change his mind and leave it as twist of fate or some other thing. Pirate life is full of risks anyway.

In worstgen words, it's big L to whitebeard.

I must tell you that I was so frustrated with oda's solution, he destroyed the image of white beard completely. Oda has absurd details but never as serious as this one, it seriously destroys the portrait of one of the greatest characters in one piece.In 999 chapters of one piece, I have never been disappointed Like this chapter, I hope the battles in wano are good to save this lousy plot

You should have resurrected one of those WRONG threads to smear their own shit on their mustaches.

nah
WB is an impotent cuck. Now he is a coward too
:whitepress:
Yes... that is exactly what Akainu said. It's what got Ace killed.
i don’t like it all and it’s isn’t just whitebeard it’s the whole crew except ace this isn’t the same energy we got pre time skip when tatch was killed and ace was captured

i definitely don’t like whitebeard and crew like i used to the explanation was bad oda cornered himself with all the the flashbacks and this is how he fixes it so it’s not just a major plot hole
So oda didn't plan what he would be doing for chapter 999, this was all just because some geniuses on forums started pointing out a plot hole.
Oda brutally killed Whitbeard's character,
yes, stabbed and shot hundreds of times, half his head gone, and impaled. Very brutal.

I just want to know what kind of pack did rocks pirates (maybe) made when there captain die
That will explain why WB didnt go after Kaido
Remember Kaido wanted go to MarineFord we still dont know why?
:endthis: