Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinemon is a scrub that didn't do shit to Kaido.

The Scabbards got trashed when Kaido turned to his Base.

Nerfed Big mom fought Base Kaido to a standstill for 3 days and Marco stalled a stronger Big mom off-screen, then destroyed one of her strongest homies without suffering a single wound!

Marco performed better against Big mom than the scabbards did against Kaido. This is a fact.
Kaido scar didint opened but he Got damaged by the scabards. BM wasnt damaged or ever was until now in the series. She Just pushed back or have bruises.

Well, because they're not just regular antagonists, they're the Emperors of the sea.

Defeating the Emperors is a very important thing for those who wanna become the next PK, it's actually the most important thing for them. Fighting against Kaido or any Emperor is their chance to shine, to prove that they are worthy of becoming the PK.

Zoro who has no interest in becoming the PK, who even didn't wanna become pairet in first place fighting against Emperors undermines Luffy's dream and the dream of those who worked hard for that dream. When Zoro will face against Mihawk no one will say that Luffy should intervene or help, I wouldn't for sure. Zoro has his own dream and his own path, Luffy, kid Law etc. Have their own path, Zoro casually fighting against an Emperor makes their dream look pathetic. Let Zoro shine against Mihawk and let Luffy and Kid shine against Emperors, it's a simple thing that everyone understands.
Mihawk is stronger than both Kaido and BM so it makes sense for Zoro to be able to heavily damage them if he wants to have a chance against the WSS

why are some people so against zoro being important in this fight???:kaidowhat:
I'm not a fanboy yet I'm glad we're getting a straw hat who isn't Luffy being relevant against the main antagonist for once instead of it just being Luffy + allies
y'all weird
I don't know, I wouldn't be really against it if Oda made it believable neither Killer or Zoro deserves to be there tbh and that's mostly Oda's fault, Zoro had zero competition in the NW, the only strong opponent he faced was Killer in a psychotic state.
I will not be responding any angry fans about this but it is how I feel, for me Zoro and Killer are simply out of place just judging by the hard road Luffy needed to take to be able to even compete against the Yonkou Commanders.
It is somehow how I felt when Luffy, Zoro and Sanji had PUs out of their asses in Ennies Lobby.

Luffy taking out even 1 Yonko by himself is an asspull in itself
Goes from being 1 tap raped to winning against not one but two yonkous is fine
yet zoro, who hasn't shown his best move since pre skip, any special attacks with Enma, used flying slashed against anyone but apoo and queen, is out of the damn question to even damage a yonkou? What the fuck zorohaters

Zoro is so powerful that he never needed to rely on Asura in 10 years of our real life time converted to One Piece chapters story.
Why Asura? He still didn't even meet someone who pushed him to use his Santoryu seriously

Pacifista? Got one shot
Hody Jones? Off-Paneled + One Shot + One Sword only
Hyouzou? One-Shot + Couldn't even remove Zoro's Boredom
Dragon? One-Shot & Killed
Monet? Couldn't even Move once Zoro decided to attack
Pica? Kept on hiding but got One Shot as soon as he exited the Stone
Killer? Got One-Shot 0.1 seconds after Zoro acquired a Third Weapon
Apoo? Not even worth naming the Attack against him

Even in Movies:

Ain? She said she can't hope to defeat Zoro the moment she saw him lmao
Dice? Even with using Zoro's swords he got overpowered against Swordsless Zoro
Fujitora? Zoro clashed with him equally multiple times

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Goes from being 1 tap raped to winning against not one but two yonkous is fine
yet zoro, who hasn't shown his best move since pre skip, any special attacks with Enma, used flying slashed against anyone but apoo and queen, is out of the damn question to even damage a yonkou? What the fuck zorohaters
All the mental gymnastics for anti zoro stuff
But when it comes to Wano lore and foreshadowing their minds go blank

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Why Asura? He still didn't even meet someone who pushed him to use his Santoryu seriously

Pacifista? Got one shot

Even in Movies:

Broo keep spitting facts. :finally:

J

Jo_Ndule

Mihawk is stronger than both Kaido and BM so it makes sense for Zoro to be able to heavily damage them if he wants to have a chance against the WSS
:cheers:
Another one of those dudes

I wouldn't be minding you again.
Enjoy your Headcanons

People are pointing out that lack of significant deaths, meaning deaths of characters relevant for the arc, but not necessary for the entire story, in a battle such as this, takes away the severity of the situations.
Why the hell would Kaidou beat the scabbards, but then chill with BM instead of killing them?
It's way too early to say no deaths happened. We have to wait till end of the act 3 at least to criticise lack of death. Kaido MO so far is beat his opponent and break his will and later make the opponent join his crew. The raid just started few hours back.
The dude who criticized did not based on popularity though, and the fact that popularity and quality do not go hand in hand is pretty obvious.
You are purposely trying to simplify what has been said.
Keeping the suspense up for a narrative can be essential but it´s not the only thing that makes up a high quality story.
imo Wano arc is very dark. It's Oda's magic making it not too obvious. Main hero got beaten on first day, put in prison camp. Wano is dirt poor country outside the capital and headliners' towns. They are fed SMILES. Children not even getting basic meals. Remember Momo's reaction when given proper food in Punk Hazard. It's very tragic story.
But if you want to expand your horizon but going beyond the most popular that also incorporate protagonist deaths, here you go off the top of my head, and obviously spoiler, can´t be helped, and also only anime and manga.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Eden it´s an endless world
Like i said, Alice in Borderland
Attack on Titan
Bokurano
Code Geass
Gurenn Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Angel Beats
Berserk
Pluto
Fate Zero
I watch two of the shows from your list. :) My issue is with complaints about 'plot armor'. It's very lazy and bs criticism.

Luffy is not taking out both. This guy Zoro has Enma. Figure out the math. Why the fook do you think Zoro is there in the first place?
Luffy is taking out both, with help.
Zoro is there ultimately to bolster Luffy's feats and Luffy's alliance as his supernova subordinate. Luffy will get the lion's share of the credit for the work of his subordinate.

It's not random.

Zoro has yet to:

1. Show the real results of his TS training
2. Unleash Asura for the first time since Post TS commenced
3. Show how much his Enma training borne fruit
Pre skip Asura was SITUATIONAL (and below a G3 pistol in portrayal), it wasn't massively better than pre skip Ougi techniques, or even shishi sonson depending on the SITUATION.

I don't know, I wouldn't be really against it if Oda made it believable neither Killer or Zoro deserves to be there tbh and that's mostly Oda's fault, Zoro had zero competition in the NW, the only strong opponent he faced was Killer in a psychotic state.
I will not be responding any angry fans about this but it is how I feel, for me Zoro and Killer are simply out of place just judging by the hard road Luffy needed to take to be able to even compete against the Yonkou Commanders.
It is somehow how I felt when Luffy, Zoro and Sanji had PUs out of their asses in Ennies Lobby.
This I can understand. Odan neglecting straw hats growth in the new world will always be one thing I regret. But that might sound strange but I'd take asspulls if that means non-Luffy straw hats stop being bystanders. Zoro also has the excuse of not having show all his moves post-timeskip, like Ashura.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

Pacifista? Got one shot

Even in Movies:

Well he had a Fujitora encounter on Dressrosa too, not merely during Stampede.

Furthermore, he could have relied on it against several Wano opponents, but he rather chose not to I imagine. Nothing was good enough to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.