Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Metal outright rejects Blues . Power metal and Black Metal are almost Blues free

Doom Metal is the Genre that Embraces Blues the most. There's also Danzig who made Bluesy Metal
I should say earlier rock and metal was influenced by blues and jazz, which then opened the door for all the subgenres. I love Danzig man.
Mother is an absolute beast of a song by Danzig,

YESSSSSSSS
Echoes Pompei version was TOP NOTCH... that switch they had was unbelievable
Oh boy the Pompeii version to me is more visceral than the original track, I just love Gilmour's solo more there and ofc the video is top notch too. That whole documentary in general is such a good watch

Although I prefer the last phase of echoes in the original one. Set the controls for the heart of the sun is fucking amazing too. Pre and post Syd Barret Floyd are just two different beasts

Last edited:
I do watch live too hahaha
I'm in love with Lars... don't care about his haters... As much as he gets trolled, he literally is MY FAVORITE DRUMMER, not kidding
as for Kirk, he has soul though... he doesn't need to hit the notes perfectly but just look at his face expression when he plays... emotions >>>> than technicality for me
Lars uses odd time sigs and a lot of people can't handle that

Would you put Lars among John Bonham and Bill Ward?
Hey, look... in terms of technicality, he is NOT better...
But in terms of PRESENCE in live performance... he is the best.... Oh specially in his youth... the dude had a long hair like Jesus hahaha.. and for EVERY HIT he was smashing the drum with it... his hair was doing the windmill which LOOKED AWESOME AS FUUUUUUUUCK

So, as a live performer, I just enjoy him 10 times more than any other drummer.... except maybe the drummer for X-Japan band... that dude in a song called "Art of Life" was UNBEATABLE... That dude had everything... dude, I'd staright up sleep with that guy just because of that performance LOL I literally have a crush for him because of that one song live hahaha

Oh boy the Pompeii version to me is more visceral than the original track, I just love Gilmour's solo more there and ofc the video is top notch too. That whole documentary in general is such a good watch

Although I prefer the last phase of echoes in the original one. Set the controls for the heart of the sun is fucking amazing too. Pre and post Syd Barret Floyd are two different beasts
Not only that... but the voice in Pompei was better.. because there are specific parts when they sing like when they say "the skaaaaa-aaa-aa-ay" and they elongate it... it just sound so much cooler

Hey, look... in terms of technicality, he is NOT better...
But in terms of PRESENCE in live performance... he is the best.... Oh specially in his youth... the dude had a long hair like Jesus hahaha.. and for EVERY HIT he was smashing the drum with it... his hair was doing the windmill which LOOKED AWESOME AS FUUUUUUUUCK

So, as a live performer, I just enjoy him 10 times more than any other drummer.... except maybe the drummer for X-Japan band... that dude in a song called "Art of Life" was UNBEATABLE... That dude had everything... dude, I'd staright up sleep with that guy just because of that performance LOL I literally have a crush for him because of that one song live hahaha
Yeah I'd put Lars in one of the top brackets when it comes to charisma and live performances, Bill Ward was an other worldly demon who seemed so much out of his place considering that War Pigs/ Iron Man came out in 1970, he was insane on those drums

Status
Not open for further replies.