Status
Not open for further replies.
BB and Kid are two anti - luffy in their own ways.

Kid - won't ever submit to anyone, will open his mouth big telling his dream to everyone, has COC, charisma, wants to be PK, like his crewmates and is faithful to them etc. But he can and like to kill. So a lot of Luffy but evil way. But unlike Luffy he will smash someone head who laugh at him while Luffy ignore them.

BB - believe in dreams and think the era of dreams is still there, a D, running for the PK race. But BB was laying low for decades, can betray his friends and crew, can be a subordinate, his crew has barely no loyalty and pretty sure BB can betray them in no time etc. So like luffy in some ways and totally opposite in other ways.
Since when?

I believe all SN will get an equal credit for defeating emperors ....Oda has been implying "new gen vs old gen" for quite sometime....and this fight against Kaido resembles Luffy+Law vs Doflamingo and Luffy/Law got equal credit for defeating Doflamingo...same way all SN will get an equal credit for defeating 2 emperors....

Whoa, wait a minute. I think you're mixing up something rn.

As I said, I don't plan to debate about Zoro vs Kidd/Kidd vs Law or anything like that. I simply tried to explain his importance as a rival which Law clearly gave up since Dressrosa.

And no, bounties are not always portrayal. Sanji's bounty is bigger than Zoro's, yet Zoro is significantly stronger than him.

The fact that Luffy, despite his high bounty, wasn't even viewed as a big threat for Blackbeard should tell you how he viewed Luffy, even with the fake news. "It is still too soon for you, Mugiwara!".
Of course this will change after Wano but you cannot tell me that their bounty gap clearly portrayed the difference of their individual power.
I'm not claiming that the one with the higher bounty is also the stronger one, my bad if that came off that way.

- Queen has a higher bounty than Kata, but Katakuri whoops his ass imo.

I do believe that Oda puts character's bounties in a bracket to show how some characters are relative to each other.

- Capone/Hawkins/Apoo/Drake having similar bounties
- Commanders being above 800m and around 1B
- Yonkou between 4-5B

Etc

I think its striking when Oda gives Luffy a more than 3× higher bounty than Kid, also, putting Blackbeard much, much lower than the other Yonko.

Furthermore i think that BB telling Luffy it's too early doesn't necessarily mean there's no rivalry, but that Luffy is closing in, still a good bit below, but also a decent bit above his former peers, the supernova.

If that makes sense?

BB and Kid are two anti - luffy in their own ways.

Kid - won't ever submit to anyone, will open his mouth big telling his dream to everyone, has COC, charisma, wants to be PK, like his crewmates and is faithful to them etc. But he can and like to kill. So a lot of Luffy but evil way. But unlike Luffy he will smash someone head who laugh at him while Luffy ignore them.

BB - believe in dreams and think the era of dreams is still there, a D, running for the PK race. But BB was laying low for decades, can betray his friends and crew, can be a subordinate, his crew has barely no loyalty and pretty sure BB can betray them in no time etc. So like luffy in some ways and totally opposite in other ways.
since when has kidd have charisma

I believe all SN will get an equal credit for defeating emperors ....Oda has been implying "new gen vs old gen" for quite sometime....and this fight against Kaido resembles Luffy+Law vs Doflamingo and Luffy/Law got equal credit for defeating Doflamingo...same way all SN will get an equal credit for defeating 2 emperors....
Doubt it, with the 1.5 billion and fitfh emperor stuff Luffy is way above other supernova in term of reputation in the world

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
If Oda wanted for Kid to be a serious rival to Luffy (outside funny interactions) he would have had much more presence in the series. Yet even in Wano he didn't get much focus. I'm sure he will get his time to shine against Kaido but he won't equal Luffy or even Zoro portrayal
I remember back during WCI, people were saying that Wano would be for Kid what Dressrosa was for Law :milaugh:

Zoro has more panel time than Law and Kidd combined. Heck, he almost has 5 times the panel time as Kiddo. Both Law and Kidd have been pretty inconsequential this arc.

Law getting equal credit for beating Doflamingo and getting the same bounty than Luffy was a joke, and it will be the same if the Supernovas get equal credit for beating Kaido.

Doubt it, with the 1.5 billion and fitfh emperor stuff Luffy is way above other supernova in term of reputation in the world
Yeah, but still Luffy didn't get any special treatment throughout the wano compared to other SN...he was constantly grouped with other SN as he was their peer.....honestly no one cared about Luffy getting 1.5 billion bounty throughout the wano...so it is obvious that Oda trying to portray everyone in the same level and by the end of wano bounties won't show much difference...ultimately it is in Oda's hand.

J

Jo_Ndule

I'm not claiming that the one with the higher bounty is also the stronger one, my bad if that came off that way.

- Queen has a higher bounty than Kata, but Katakuri whoops his ass imo.

I do believe that Oda puts character's bounties in a bracket to show how some characters are relative to each other.

- Capone/Hawkins/Apoo/Drake having similar bounties
- Commanders being above 800m and around 1B
- Yonkou between 4-5B

Etc

I think its striking when Oda gives Luffy a more than 3× higher bounty than Kid, also, putting Blackbeard much, much lower than the other Yonko.

Furthermore i think that BB telling Luffy it's too early doesn't necessarily mean there's no rivalry, but that Luffy is closing in, still a good bit below, but also a decent bit above his former peers, the supernova.

If that makes sense?
How do you expect kidd to have a bounty raise while being jn wano?
The dude got captured when DR ended.
Shortly after when luffy went to WCI and had bounty raise

And don't forget Kidd's feats were falsified by BMP
Or else he would have had 500M+ easily

Status
Not open for further replies.