Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Yeah but I mean, Blackbeard is rather Luffy's Mihawk. He's his rival, yes, but Blackbeard is so much ahead of Luffy, bringing him up as an equation is kinda faulty tbh.

Meanwhile, the gap between Kidd and Luffy is much closer than the gap between Luffy and Blackbeard.

Yet again, it's about your point of view whom you consider Luffy's true rival. And even if Blackbeard is Luffy's 'true' rival, we can say at least that Kidd is a much better rival to Luffy than the other supernovas, including Law.
I don't think supernova classification matters much. They were just pirates having Bounty higher than 100B$ at sabody.

Better take is "Worst gen" and Blackbeard is part of it and also at the top.

Luffy rivalry with Blackbeard goes beyond just who will best each other in beating opponents like in case of kidd and luffy.

Their rivalry touches ideological clash at the grass root level to the highest level of reward - being PK.

They both compete for same but much bigger objective - have their dreams materialized but in complete opposite way.

youve already admitted zoro will reopen or give kaido another scar how will law and kidd outshine that
Who knows? I just find it hard to believe that Oda would go through the trouble of building Kidd back up as Luffy’s rival throughout Wano (revealing he has CoC, Udon competition, finding out about some of his NW feats and conflicts, Onigashima raid competition, etc.) just to throw it out the window and have him be outshined by not even Luffy but Zoro. I also told you about Kidd’s relevance post Wano and why it wouldn’t make sense to destroy his portrayal/hype here in Wano.

I don't think supernova classification matters much. They were just pirates having Bounty higher than 100B$ at sabody.

Luffy rivalry with Blackbeard goes beyond just who will best each other in beating opponents like in case of kidd and luffy.

Their rivalry touches ideological clash at the grass root level to the highest level of reward - being PK.

They both compete for same but much bigger objective - have their dreams materialized but in complete opposite way.
Yep, I completely agree with that.
In result, Blackbeard is so much more important as an individual rivaling Luffy's ideals than Kidd would ever be.

Who knows? I just find it hard to believe that Oda would go through the trouble of building Kidd back up as Luffy’s rival throughout Wano (revealing he has CoC, Udon competition, finding out about some of his NW feats and conflicts, Onigashima raid competition, etc.) just to throw it out the window and have him be outshined by not even Luffy but Zoro. I also told you about Kidd’s relevance post Wano and why it wouldn’t make sense to destroy his portrayal/hype here in Wano.
why would oda build up zoro and ebisu town, hiyori and evertything else, give him enma, and have him verbally state that he will take koidos head just to be outshined by kidd

Last edited:
Let me tell you something, after wano, we won't see kid before the end. That's all his importance. CoC argument doesn't work anymore because Oda hinted Zoro's CoC, it's just matter of times ;)

J

Jo_Ndule

Luffy doesn't rival Teach
They are not even in the same league yet

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
BB and Kid are two anti - luffy in their own ways.

Kid - won't ever submit to anyone, will open his mouth big telling his dream to everyone, has COC, charisma, wants to be PK, like his crewmates and is faithful to them etc. But he can and like to kill. So a lot of Luffy but evil way. But unlike Luffy he will smash someone head who laugh at him while Luffy ignore them.

BB - believe in dreams and think the era of dreams is still there, a D, running for the PK race. But BB was laying low for decades, can betray his friends and crew, can be a subordinate, his crew has barely no loyalty and pretty sure BB can betray them in no time etc. So like luffy in some ways and totally opposite in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.