Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid is not Luffy's rival. This is made clear in this arc several times.

Luffy is the big boy here that the Yonkou have their eyes on. Kid is an underling of Luffy in this battle, nothing more.
Post automatically merged:

Goddamn
It's been made clear that none of the Supernovas were rivals to Luffy since Dressrosa arc.

That was a big joke from Oda's part to give Law the same bounty than Luffy at the end of the arc in a futile effort to try to make us believe otherwise but having Luffy being the one to beat Doflamingo, Law hyping himself the Straw Hats and Luffy getting his own fleet destroyed any illusion of the Supernovas being rivals to him.

Yeah but I mean, Blackbeard is rather Luffy's Mihawk. He's his rival, yes, but Blackbeard is so much ahead of Luffy, bringing him up as an equation is kinda faulty tbh.

Meanwhile, the gap between Kidd and Luffy is much closer than the gap between Luffy and Blackbeard.

Yet again, it's about your point of view whom you consider Luffy's true rival. And even if Blackbeard is Luffy's 'true' rival, we can say at least that Kidd is a much better rival to Luffy than the other supernovas, including Law.
Is he really though ?

Bounty is portrayal in this series, let's face it. Luffy's bounty is more than 3× what Kid and coincidentally just 700m less than Yonkou BB. Considering how Zoro performed in this arc it more and more looks to me like Oda considers Zoro as Law/Kid's power equal, not Luffy.

Kidd is portrayed as Luffy's closest rival from his generation through multiple parallels that the author intentionally draws between the two and character interactions while Zoro is Luffy’s underling. This shit isn’t rocket science just read the manga without bias. There is a reason that Zoro has been outshined by Law for almost all of NW. Oda will not allow Luffy’s closest rivals to be outshined by an underling on his crew.
Law stole the show from Kid not Zoro. Zoro one shotted children's best friend. Luffy eats kid for breakfast. From feats alone : luffy, zoro, law, kid.
Imagine closest rival getting L after L while Luffy striking W! :milaugh:

Is it really though ?

Bounty is portrayal in this series, let's face it. Luffy's bounty is more than 3× what Kid and coincidentally just 700m less than Yonkou BB. Considering how Zoro performed in this arc it more and more looks to me like Oda considers Zoro as Law/Kid's power equal, not Luffy.
Whoa, wait a minute. I think you're mixing up something rn.

As I said, I don't plan to debate about Zoro vs Kidd/Kidd vs Law or anything like that. I simply tried to explain his importance as a rival which Law clearly gave up since Dressrosa.

And no, bounties are not always portrayal. Sanji's bounty is bigger than Zoro's, yet Zoro is significantly stronger than him.

The fact that Luffy, despite his high bounty, wasn't even viewed as a big threat for Blackbeard should tell you how he viewed Luffy, even with the fake news. "It is still too soon for you, Mugiwara!".
Of course this will change after Wano but you cannot tell me that their bounty gap clearly portrayed the difference of their individual power.

Status
Not open for further replies.