Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see Yamato as a straw hat. She has neither a goal to achieve anything in particular nor did she show us a role. All she wants is to see the world. I still remember this argument being used against Carrot. And now it's just being ignored. Chopper wants to see the world but has the goal to create a panacea to achieve what his mentor could not achieve.

If Yamato gets a goal and shows a role then I'll change my mind
Ya'll need to be patient. The character has existed for 18 chapters.

Nami's dream wasn't known for like 50 chapters. Robins true dream was hidden for nearly 200 chapters after she joined. Franky was unknown for 40 chapters. Brooks was unknown for like 25 chapters. Hell, while we knew Jinbe's dream early on, his actual role on the crew wasn't known for hundreds of chapters

Have patience. We only know what Yamato believes in right now, what we dont know is what fuels that belief and why. We dont know what she actually is aiming to achieve yet. Oda is trying get the whole Oden Bible/Ace thing out of the way. There is a reason she became inspired by Oden, likely due to her relationship with Kaido.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I see my friend Luffy bin Dragon (and my nemesis Dizzy) going in on Paperchampion and acting like Oda won’t make Yamato a Straw Hat purely because she bears a passing resemblance to Nami. Hard to take that argument seriously in the face of everything else that points to her joining the crew, and yet, it’s still their strongest defense :smart::luuh:
I abandoned this argument because two characters I like, share Nami pattern so whatever xD.

I see my friend Luffy bin Dragon (and my nemesis Dizzy) going in on Paperchampion and acting like Oda won’t make Yamato a Straw Hat purely because she bears a passing resemblance to Nami. Hard to take that argument seriously in the face of everything else that points to her joining the crew, and yet, it’s still their strongest defense :smart::luuh:
I will never accept Yamato as a strawhat

Dare I say it, but the longer the arc goes on, people will start to like Yamato more. Im already seeing people accept it and flip sides.

There's tons of things we don't truly know about the character, namely her relationship with Kaido, her powers, her past, and what motivates her character in general. And its all there, its all be hinted at since she was revealed.

Unlike Carrot, she has a mysterious aura about her that is being presented, precisely because the above needs more characterization.

Patience is key here, just like everything else this arc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The big problem with Yamato is that she's a walking spoiler. She knows what is written in Oden's diary and that's exactly the type of information that Luffy doesn't want to even hear about, Robin wants to find out by herself, etc.
Yeah, I’m sure the first thing she would do after joining is reveal every single one of the world’s secrets for her new friends without any context :lawsigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.