Death Battle-Screw Attack Series

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So, Screw Attack just released their most recent Death Battle:

And I figured this would be a good time to get your guys’ perspectives on the show lol. What do you guys think of Death Battle? I think it’s a fun show even when they are just straight up wrong about what they’re discussing lol.

What do you guys think of the show? Which of their videos did you enjoy and which are controversial?

@Light D Lamperouge @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Luthon @Van @ShishioIsBack @HexBozoline @Mr. Anderson @MarineHQ62 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Cinera @HA001 etc etc etc.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I dropped them years ago when Toph beat Gaara. Their fights at the end of each episode are somewhat entertaining but I think it's a show with a lot of flaws. Who won? Probably Hulk, but it should be Broly.
At the end, they claimed that Broly was “millions of times stronger than Worldbreaker Hulk” though I don’t know how accurate this is lol.

I actually made some comments on them before on another thread. Lol.
Yeah, Death Battle are usually pretty terrible when it comes to handling any characters from manga or anime.

Notable examples include when they had Toph Beifong from Avatar beat Gaara from Naruto and when they were talking about Android 18 from Dragon Ball. They gave 18 an ability she did not canonically have (energy absorption) and massively downplayed her capabilities by saying shit like "She can blow up whole buildings", which is not technically incorrect but it is massively downplaying the fact that she can casually obliterate entire planets.
Well, they have a habit of downplaying one character in the pre-battle character discussions because they don't want to put all the cards on the table and allow the smarter audience members to figure things out for themselves. After the battle they then reveal the feats that would have told the audience who was going to win.

They did not use to be like this (or at least I think they used to be better but that could be nostalgia talking) but they have gotten worse over the years. Their videos were better when they focused on western media characters and only had 10 minute long videos. Now they have videos as long as anime episodes focusing on anime/manga characters that they clearly do not know shit about.

Then they also have spite matchups like Vegeta vs Shadow the Hedgehog and Venom (Marvel) vs Bane (DC). :rolaugh:
I do not take them seriously in general. Lel.

So, Screw Attack just released their most recent Death Battle:

And I figured this would be a good time to get your guys’ perspectives on the show lol. What do you guys think of Death Battle? I think it’s a fun show even when they are just straight up wrong about what they’re discussing lol.

What do you guys think of the show? Which of their videos did you enjoy and which are controversial?

@Light D Lamperouge @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Luthon @Van @ShishioIsBack @HexBozoline @Mr. Anderson @MarineHQ62 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Cinera @HA001 etc etc etc.
Its good to watch for entertainment value but don't take them seriously for powerscaling.

In Sanji vs Rock Lee video, 99% of Sanjis victory reasons were piggy backing off of Zoros feats.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I've honestly never watched them lmao. Heard they are quite awful though.
They are solid on really simple topics. Their Godzilla vs Gamera video was really good, but give them characters that require nuance to scale and they’re pretty trash. They’re the ones who birthed the Tsar Bomba meme lol.

World beater Hulk is what? Galaxy level?

Broly with movie retcon is high universal to low multiversal.
They claimed WB Hulk destroyed a Universe with a thunder clap, and then later injured a character who was unfazed from two universes colliding into him at once, so no lol. WB hulk is far above universal by their logic.

Pros of Death battle:
-The fighting Choreography
-Amount of time and effort in analyzing each character

Cons of Death Battle:
-Their sense of humor (cringe overload)
-The sheer number of incorrect facts and calcs
-Constantly scaling featless characters to other characters with feats

DB is very flawed but occasionally they'll drop some entertaining fights I guess lol
Its good to watch for entertainment value but don't take them seriously for powerscaling.

In Sanji vs Rock Lee video, 99% of Sanjis victory reasons were piggy backing off of Zoros feats.
The whole thing was a shit show lol. Rock lee only was able to hang in there so long because they used Guy's feats for him and Sanji was only able to win because they used Zoro's feats for him :milaugh: They should've just done Guy vs Zoro at that point lmao

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
They claimed WB Hulk destroyed a Universe with a thunder clap, and then later injured a character who was unfazed from two universes colliding into him at once, so no lol. WB hulk is far above universal by their logic.
Lmao damn, yeah Hulk should win. Broly should be near or @ universal level from powerscaling. If Hulk's tanking universal+ blows, he should tank through Broly's attacks.
Post automatically merged:

The whole thing was a shit show lol. Rock lee only was able to hang in there so long because they used Gai's feats for him and Sanji was only able to win because they used Zoro's feats for him :milaugh:
They shoulda just used Part 1 Lee and Ennis Lobby or Sabaody Sanji. At least a known quantity. We're not even fully sure how high the Raid Suit puts Sanji and they're doing crossovers.

Their fun to watch on an entertainment standpoint.

But imma have to go with what @Admiral Lee Hung said. When it comes to simple topics they pretty good.

But manga and comic book territory where it takes some scaling is yikes. Most of the time they half ass the scaling on atleast one out of the 2 *****.

Comic book scaling is always fucked. Ion remember WB hulk being above universal, but i do know for a fact that Immortal Hulk is his strongest incarnation.

Sometimes they got hulk fighting and hurting universal+ beings in the comics only to get swatted by street level ***** in a different issue. Its idk on all points when Marvel and DC involved

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I just saw where they're doing the "possibly millions of times stronger" estimates. I don't think that Beerus and Goku almost destroying the Universe is treated too seriously, because it happened once and never again? AFAIK, the common consensus is to ignore that or to assume the Goku that fought Beerus had a very special power up in the form of Super Saiyan God that didn't carry over after the fight.

Because, stronger versions of Goku (much, much stronger) clashed with someone on Beerus' level (Jiren) and the Universe wasn't in danger and there wasn't any indication of their battle being close to the level required to threaten the Universe.

Even if someone wants to say Zeno was preventing it — the end all be all power in DBS — Goku versus Goku Black or Golden Frieza had no similar results despite both being equal to or slightly above a much stronger version of Goku.

Tl;DR — It looks like they took a really weird scene in Dragon Ball Super that's never again brought up and later soft contradicted to scale everything off of.