Powers & Abilities Will Zoro surpass Roger in power?

EOS Zoro vs. Roger

• Total voters
Who else is going to do it? Odens dead if you didn't notice, and zoro has the sword. Is Usopp supposed to turn it into a black blade? It's zoro's sword in zoro's possession. The point is that enma is a sword that is close to being a black blade, but isn't yet, thus will get a power up, most black blades are black blades already.
why didnt tengu tell zoro that it will be easy to make enma into a black blade because oden already worked in that direction?

Realistically luffy fights Imu while zoro fights like Kizaru.
Realistically, if Imu is final villain, his TOP fighters will be the 5 Gorosei

So, it depends...
Is Luffy's final villain Imu god like? then, his henchmen, the 5 gorosei will be CLOSE to being gods... and they may posses a strength that only the likes of Pirate King can contend against and win... which will require Zoro to be on that level

However, if Final villain are not them... and we will only go as far as admirals. Then I am sorry, I don't see even the need for Luffy to be on Prime WB/Roger level to beat Akainu... no disrespect to AKainu... I consider him 2nd strongest after Kaido among the active characters now..
It's just Prime WB and Roger are placed in different plane for me personally

So, it depends...
Is Luffy's final villain Imu god like? then, his henchmen, the 5 gorosei will be CLOSE to being gods... and they may posses a strength that only the likes of Pirate King can contend against and win... which will require Zoro to be on that level

However, if Final villain are not them... and we will only go as far as admirals. Then I am sorry, I don't see even the need for Luffy to be on Prime WB/Roger level to beat Akainu... no disrespect to AKainu... I consider him 2nd strongest after Kaido among the active characters now..
Do you think Roger and his crew couldn't have fight Imu and the gorosei ?

So, it depends...

Eh, I'm still not of the belief that they are that powerful.

Anyway if they are, I see them losing to people like Kid and stuff instead if they are really all that.

The literal point of luffy's greatest strength is that he draws in strong allies. Kid and stuff are the future yonkou, they'll be doing the heavy lifting. Zoro will defeat kizaru to parallel rayleigh's fight at sabondy, while Akainu willfight someone like Sabo.

Could see Crocodile vs Lucci.

Rayleigh wasn't the one fighting the top rocks pirates, it was Garp and Roger. Zoro is an exceptional top commander for luffy (or will be eos), but there will be pirate captains and people out there who still rival luffy.

Luffy and his allies have to approach mariejois which is revealed to be pluton and it's firing wild beams nuking the f out of things, maybe zunisha sacrifices himself to get the pirates and allied marines on it, then the pirates pillage the holy city, on it will be people on akainus side like kizaru, etc, and also people loyal to the world government like CP0.

Do you think Roger and his crew couldn't have fight Imu and the gorosei ?
I am sure he would lose
simply by the mere fact that Luffy is different than Roger in that he is LOVED by so many... has many allies and friends who will help in that final war
While Roger's force is his crew only... they would get demolished in my opinion... because it's too much power to handle for one single crew with no allies
Post automatically merged:

Eh, I'm still not of the belief that they are that powerful.

Anyway if they are, I see them losing to people like Kid and stuff instead if they are really all that.

The literal point of luffy's greatest strength is that he draws in strong allies. Kid and stuff are the future yonkou, they'll be doing the heavy lifting. Zoro will defeat kizaru to parallel rayleigh's fight at sabondy, while Akainu willfight someone like Sabo.

Could see Crocodile vs Lucci.

Rayleigh wasn't the one fighting the top rocks pirates, it was Garp and Roger. Zoro is an exceptional top commander for luffy (or will be eos), but there will be pirate captains and people out there who still rival luffy.
Yeah. I agree Kidd and maybe Law will face 2 of them... but there will be three left, I believe Zoro will take on one... and rest of two will be handled by some other two powerful guys on our side

I am sure he would lose
simply by the mere fact that Luffy is different than Roger in that he is LOVED by so many... has many allies and friends who will help in that final war
While Roger's force is his crew only... they would get demolished in my opinion... because it's too much power to handle for one single crew with no allies

Yeah. I agree Kidd and maybe Law will face 2 of them... but there will be three left, I believe Zoro will take on one... and rest of two will be handled by some other two powerful guys on our side
I mean in a straight 1vs1
D you think he will loose against each one of them ? Or just Im ?
Do you think Luffy's Top 5 will all have the same strenght ?

I mean in a straight 1vs1
D you think he will loose against each one of them ? Or just Im ?
Do you think Luffy's Top 5 will all have the same strenght ?
hmmm... hard to say... I believe Roger can win in 1 vs 1 against any of gorosei (high diff match)
Maybe Prime Rayleigh too (extreme high diff match)

But Roger would lose to Imu in (1 vs 1) probably in mid-high diff match.... and no other crew mates other than Rayleigh can beat a gorosei member....

Some argue that Zoro will be the strongest swordsman who ever existed, since this is the essence of a Shounen. Do you believe Zoro will surpass even Roger in strength, even though his end goal is a guy who stands below Kaido, who in turn is below Roger? Or will he just be the WSS in the great era of piracy?

I personally do not believe that Zoro will surpass Roger in strength. I might go as far as to say he would be an inbetweener, between Kaido and Roger (I see Roger high diffing Kaido, so Zoro might be able to extreme diff Kaido, while losing extreme diff to Roger).

Reason being, that the WSS was portrayed as being a rank below the PK; PK right hand man material. Yes, it's true that becoming PK is more difficult because you need to conquer the seas and build up a crew, but the PK ends up as the strongest anyways. Roger was the strongest (alongside Whitebeard) and Luffy will be the strongest too.

@Sentinel @playa4321 @Zenos7 @ShishioIsBack @nik87 @HA001 @Bogard @Admiral Lee Hung @Red Admiral @Cinera @Finalbeta etc.
how can we know for sure if we dont even know how strong is mihawk. We will about to find out since the World Goverment abolish the 7 warlords. I mean zoro have to be stronger than mihawl of he wants to be the greatest swordsman

hmmm... hard to say... I believe Roger can win in 1 vs 1 against any of gorosei (high diff match)
Maybe Prime Rayleigh too (extreme high diff match)

But Roger would lose to Imu in (1 vs 1) probably in mid-high diff match.... and no other crew mates other than Rayleigh can beat a gorosei member....
With which difficulty do you think Zoro and others SH who will fight Gorosei will won ?

Oh so you making stuff up. Thanks
no ... I'm pointing out after 1000 chapter of manga no man , woman , camera or TV were able to stand above Roger

sure the shit Zoro won't either

Imu > Rocks > or = Prime Garp and Roger > or = Prime Whitebeard > Current Garp > Kaidou > or = Big Mom > Shanks and Blackberd > Rest
idk ... but Roger still have the best claim

Roger and Xebec are 2 swordsman Zoro FORSURE can't surpass
I have my doubts about surpassing Shanks as well ... but I'm willing to give Zoro some benefit of doubt as well