Rules ....

There are two levels of advanced Haki he has the first one not the second one. All swordsmen know how to user you it is essential for them to coat their swords in Haki.
How would you know if a swordsman is using the second one?
Post automatically merged:

Lu
btw where did people see zoro hurt kaidou, because i see no damage at all.

luffy in his first first in act1 hurt him more, as in before advanced coa training
Luffy never hurt Kaido pre Udon. Layoff the fanfic

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
It's seems like I have to make separate threads about Advanced Armament Haki and the difference between brawler's and swordsman's CoA.

So basically, at the beginning of timeskip, Zoro have normal Armament and it could possibly be better than Luffy's in Fishman Island. And then when Zoro's trying to tame Enma, it sucks his haki off but he's immediately restrained it. He say that he'll get even stronger because his haki will get improved if he manage to control Enma. During the beginning of the raid, Zoro's slashing some fodders with Enma which indicates that he got used to it and now against Kaido, he couldn't cut Kaido because he wasn't releasing enough haki. And you clearly need Advanced Armament in order to hurt Kaido according to Hyogoro. So my guess is that Zoro learned Barrier Haki (which is why I wanted to make a thread about brawler's and swordsman's CoA) after he finished his training with Enma but he is not yet to learned Penetration Haki which is similar to like Observation Haki with sensing presence and predicting movement. Barrier Haki is for swordsman like the Scabbards and Zoro while Penetration Haki is for brawlers like Luffy and Hyogoro.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
He used haki... ryuo even
Where's the panel?

Hell, even enma was coated in koka
A panel of any of Zoro's swords coated in Koka during the attack on Kaido.

I guess retainers didn't use haki when we didn't see their blades coated except once or 2 times
You can use Ryuo without Koka. When we see Zoro using Ryuo though, it's normally with Koka and his haki leaks.

@Fn Lucci applications of Barrier COA for weapon users:
  • Zoro was able to cut Monet with a flying slash.
  • Roger struck Oden with a haki flying slash.
  • Yamato took out the Number with a haki beam.

It seems weapon users can release their haki in ranged attacks.

@playa4321, @Geo: the dent on Kaido's neck was from Killer's attack. Killer probably didn't use Ryuo this chapter. Zoro might not have used ryuo, but the apparent specks of blood are from Zoro's attack (that struck Kaido's body). Whether it's blood or not wouldn't be clear until the coloured translation, but at any rate, Zoro didn't use Koka, so if he used ryuo at all it's much weaker than what he's capable of.

The Viz should clarify if Kaido is complimenting Zoro and Killer for doing some slight damage to him.

On thread: Zoro doesn't have internal destruction haki. He's able to use flow and project his haki to perform ranged attacks.

@Fn Lucci applications of Barrier COA for weapon users:
  • Zoro was able to cut Monet with a flying slash.
  • Roger struck Oden with a haki flying slash.
  • Yamato took out the Number with a haki beam.

It seems weapon users can release their haki in ranged attacks.
Zoro was capable of flying slashes back in Skypiea, he doesn't need advanced Haki to do it. We've seen his flying slashes improve without learning new Haki and his cutting arc can topple a creature the size of a city. Learning it isn't useless but just besides the point. Enemies who aren't really engaged can get ranged attacks but do you think he wants to sit back and mash hadoukens?

Roger and Whitebeard clashed with advanced Haki but we've seen sky splitting duels where the blades touched, so it's not necessary.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Zoro was capable of flying slashes back in Skypiea, he doesn't need advanced Haki to do it. We've seen his flying slashes improve without learning new Haki and his cutting arc can topple a creature the size of a city. Learning it isn't useless but just besides the point. Enemies who aren't really engaged can get ranged attacks but do you think he wants to sit back and mash hadoukens?

Roger and Whitebeard clashed with advanced Haki but we've seen sky splitting duels where the blades touched, so it's not necessary.
flying haki slashes

*Zoro chastises Luffy, Law, and Kidd for not taking things seriously*

*Puts on his bandana*

Then proceeds to attack the guy who can't be damaged without haki.... Without Haki....

Makes perfect sense!
This is the first time Zoro has actually fought Kaido so it does make perfect sense.

It is even better than Luffy who knows the type of Haki which hurts Kaido and yet doesn't use it with his G4

@playa4321, @Geo: the dent on Kaido's neck was from Killer's attack. Killer probably didn't use Ryuo this chapter. Zoro might not have used ryuo, but the apparent specks of blood are from Zoro's attack (that struck Kaido's body). Whether it's blood or not wouldn't be clear until the coloured translation, but at any rate, Zoro didn't use Koka, so if he used ryuo at all it's much weaker than what he's capable of.

The Viz should clarify if Kaido is complimenting Zoro and Killer for doing some slight damage to him
Oda used the same specks when Luffy used Kong Organ against Kaido. It doesn't necessarily indicate blood.

On thread: Zoro doesn't have internal destruction haki. He's able to use flow and project his haki to perform ranged attacks
How would you know when a swordsman is using internal destruction haki?

Ok, so lets play spot the difference. I've put the panel of Zoro holding Enma right before he attacks Kaido, together with the panel of Zoro holding Enma right after. Tell me what you see pertaining to the sharpness edge of the blade.

There's no difference

U might be into something :watchout:

Of course my point is the right one. He used the same onigiri he used on Hyozou

Ok, so lets play spot the difference. I've put the panel of Zoro holding Enma right before he attacks Kaido, together with the panel of Zoro holding Enma right after. Tell me what you see pertaining to the sharpness edge of the blade.

Also don't ignore the Luffy point since it renders your whole argument moot