Questions & Mysteries Zoro's parentage

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I fail to see how Zoro having important parentage somehow de-legitimizes his feats or progress. If that is the case, then what does that make of Luffy? Do all of his accomplishments and hard work not matter because he is the grandson of the hero of the marines, and the son of the most wanted man?

If Zoro's dad is say Ushimaru, or Ryuma is his ancestor, he's still Roronoa Zoro. He wasn't shielded or buffed from his connection to them. No one as far as we know is even aware of Zoro's connection to them if it were there. Zoro himself isn't the type to dwell on his past, nor consider it a benefit on his quest.

Now, if Zoro is indeed just a rando from East Blue, great. But it's not like the alternative ruins his character or story.

I fail to see how Zoro having important parentage somehow de-legitimizes his feats or progress. If that is the case, then what does that make of Luffy? Do all of his accomplishments and hard work not matter because he is the grandson of the hero of the marines, and the son of the most wanted man?

If Zoro's dad is say Ushimaru, or Ryuma is his ancestor, he's still Roronoa Zoro. He wasn't shielded or buffed from his connection to them. No one as far as we know is even aware of Zoro's connection to them if it were there. Zoro himself isn't the type to dwell on his past, nor consider it a benefit on his quest.

Now, if Zoro is indeed just a rando from East Blue, great. But it's not like the alternative ruins his character or story.
This.

Geez, this "important parentage reveal" thing is boring asf and we have already seen it in the last arc. We have already seen it in Post-Enies Lobby arc. We have already seen it in Marineford arc. Just let Zoro be a random from east blue, please, Oda

H

Homelander

I think his origins are really murky. Oda does not seem interested in zoros past seeing we got sanji royal connection. It will make story boring if zoro is son of a damiyo it would make him another royal.

With the focus on oden kozuki , if i am interested i would like to know if zoro has connections to ushimaru. I am pretty certain zoros bloodlines is traced to ryuma.

Again it will be great if zoro is self made samurai however oda hardly bothered talking about zoros parents as such for now.

M

MD Zolo

Geez, this "important parentage reveal" thing is boring asf and we have already seen it in the last arc. We have already seen it in Post-Enies Lobby arc. We have already seen it in Marineford arc. Just let Zoro be a random from east blue, please, Oda
Yes, man, finally. This is what I am talking about.

Well everyone seems to have an important family in the sh so why not Zoro ?
Hopefully he's the son of Ushimaru
Because not having an important family actually makes Zoro special.

Nah
Random farmer looking ass kid becoming the WSS and Sword God

It's inspiring

Better than "holy shit LOOK ACE IS THE SON OF GOL D ROGER"

"CRAZY LUFFY IS SON OF THE TERRIFYING LEADER OF REVOLUTION DRAGON ???!!!"

That's why I'd rather have Zoro be related ro Kozaburo, humble and talented swordsmith who made Enma
Kozaburo? Why not.

H

Homelander

I hope zoro is self made person.

Luffy and sanji have badass family. I know people want zoro to have one. I personally feel against it. It makes even more awesome if zoro has no connection with anyof them.

I personally do feel zoro is distantly related to ryuma. Who can say this to him ? I can only say zoro never bothered talking about his family he hardly cares or bothered .

If oda deems it necessary to dig deep into zoros past he would likely do that. However odens hype has overshadowed almost every wano character.

Bringing up zoros parental past hardly makes sense.