Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Literal translation" is usually bullshit without context, and said context can be provided by a native speaker.
Not to mention in Japanese context can change a “The” to “A” or singular to pronoun. Take this phrase commonly used in Japanese RPGS:

“Monsutaa ga awaretal”
It’s used when a random monster appears as well as multiple monsters appear. Single/plural isn’t that simple.

judging from context the quote could very easily be “Hes a wing of the king of the pirates”

The true question is, did Sanji develop those wings in order to swiftly escape from the Okama in Kamabakka? Figuratively they would not prove enough to so he developed Sky Walk. :finally:

S

stealthblack

lol poor brook reduced to fight the dog weapon of black maria. and people complained that usopp didn't get a fight

so much for apoo vs brook dream.

i don't have the strength to make a skull joke.:josad:

By sandman
Thank you so much for the spoilers, redon!

Someone asked me via PM about Robin's line that Sanji is the "two wings of the Pirate King". The Japanese term 両翼 is commonly used to describe 2 crucial persons/things.

I've never seen the case where 両翼 is used to describe only one person in my life, so it's safe to assume that Robin meant Sanii and "another person" being important for PK

And Oda already used the exact same word 両翼 in SBS,
saying both Zoro and Sanji are two wings for Luffy :)
so monster trio term is not dead yet lol

I'm never wrong :milaugh:

Called :

Sanji vs Queen
5 SN vs 2 Yonko not the final fight and things will change
Zoro vs King

Y'all were stuck on saying there was no way for anyone to get off that roof mere months ago :kobeha:

Zoro, Sanji and Usopp get CoC. Save this and come later to tell me how i was right once again :stealthblack:
Woahhhhhhh 3 correct guesses.... WOWWWWWW Amazazazing

EVERYONE: Look this guy has 3 correct guesses and he is self correlating he is correct all the time....

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Still waiting on Manga evidence showing Sanji has traits of a conqueror

That's not what they meant. He hadn't been defeated, it was the "lying down on his back" that was a lie.

And no, it's not head canon. We know this.
katakuri never losing is a fact, but his opponents were not strong anyway, he admitted that no one was able to dodge so many of his attacks when luffy was dodging him in base form.

kaidi fighting against the yonko and the marine many time is also a fact, and he's still living which means that he's unkillable is also a fact, also he was never defeated in a 1v1 fight, all that is world wide knowledge, that's possibly been around for decades.

Not to mention in Japanese context can change a “The” to “A” or singular to pronoun. Take this phrase commonly used in Japanese RPGS:

“Monsutaa ga awaretal”
It’s used when a random monster appears as well as multiple monsters appear. Single/plural isn’t that simple.

judging from context the quote could very easily be “Hes a wing of the king of the pirates”
Don't expect these people to understand how different languages work, especially these Viz apologists. I still remember a guy here preferring to stick to Paul's English translation after I literally showed him the Japanese script we were discussing about.

The day they find out Viz is only one translation among dozens they may open their minds a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.