General & Others Could the editors be forcing Oda's hands to make Luffy an overpowered protagonist?

I don't think Hiryu Kaen would've killed Kaido, but it doesn't really make sense to think that Ashura was actually a full strength attack considering Zoro was essentially dying by that point. It's interesting that the only times Oda has ever used Zoro as a hype tool for Luffy (vs. Arlong, vs. Kaido), he made sure that Zoro was in terrible condition.

Besides, I don't really know why Oda would let all of the other 4 supernovas on the roof get their attacks in on Kaido, but when Zoro goes in with Hiryu Kaen, he makes it miss. The only logical explanation for that is that Hiryu Kaen would have done more damage to Kaido in that moment than what Oda was okay with, but exactly how much damage remains a mystery
maybe hiryu kaen will be what he uses for ZKK who knows

but at least on the rooftop, I doubt it was stronger than asura

Zoro fans will not let it go that Luffy is above their grandmaster. 1037 chapters in and they don’t want to see this. New level of being biased.
We wanna let go but that damned Oda keeps trolling us

Apparently, Luffy is only on Zoro's level when he's completely serious. Otherwise Zoro is carrying him or scolding him. But lmk when Oda puts the shoe on the other foot.

How the hell would hiryu kaen have killed kaido when his strongest attack couldn’t
You are blatantly ignoring the horrible shape Zoro was in when he performed Ashura even if Kaido lets say survived Hiryu kean he would still have suffered tremendous amount of damage in his weaker dragon form. The hiryu kean Zoro performed while fresh> extremely weakened Ashura we saw against hybrid kaido which was impressive enough to still be able to scar him.

You are blatantly ignoring the horrible shape Zoro was in when he performed Ashura even if Kaido lets say survived Hiryu kean he would still have suffered tremendous amount of damage in his weaker dragon form. The hiryu kean Zoro performed while fresh> extremely weakened Ashura we saw against hybrid kaido which was impressive enough to still be able to scar him.
Why? Because big mom told him to dodge it?

Kaido implied that Zoro's attack somehow had CoC.

Why? Because big mom told him to dodge it?

Kaido implied that Zoro's attack somehow had CoC.
No because we actually saw the lethality of that attack on panel in case you need a reminder

Zoro unknowlgly infusing CoC into his attack doesn't change the shape his was in, his attack will still be affected by his current condition. Besides we have plenty of examples where CoA has outperformed CoC Yamato is a good example as she couldn't even tickle Kaido constantly using adv CoC while Zoro was easily cutting through him with his powerful CoA.

No because we actually saw the lethality of that attack on panel in case you need a reminder

Zoro unknowlgly infusing CoC into his attack doesn't change the shape his was in, his attack will still be affected by his current condition. Besides we have plenty of examples where CoA has outperformed CoC Yamato is a good example as she couldn't even tickle Kaido constantly using adv CoC while Zoro was easily cutting through him with his powerful CoA.
The rooftop battle went on for a considerable period of time. I don't think it makes sense for Zoro to just have AP capable of killing or even severely injuring kaido with an attack like Hiryu kaen.
Because if he did, then why did kaido and big mom look nearly fresh pre-1010? Yes, zoro was in a bad place when he used asura, but things like that actually make your attacks stronger(via haki bloom) in one piece.

This is Luffytard bullshit statement to make Luffy seem greater than he really is. Luffy's DF is strong since beginning because he is immune to punches, kicks, bullets, cannon etc.
strong compared to being DF-less
but it was always portrayed as a weak fruit.

Opponents he went up against pre-skip:
  • Smoker
  • Crocodile
  • Enel
  • Lucci
  • Moria
I think Crocodile/Enel even outright said it. That Luffy was a mere paramecia and hence incomparable to the powerful logias

Bro

OP isn't DBz , HxH, Naruto where MC has an equal rival

Zoro was and will never be Luffy's sasuke/ Gon/ Vegeta
They don't fight the same main villains each arc side by side or taking turns
They don't have similar stats or hype

Zoro is an underling not Luffy's rival!

Luffy is meant to be monstrous above even Yonko or Imu, God level!

Just accept it

Luffy / Imu / Teach = Peak
PK/ Yonko /FA = High top tiers
EoS Zoro/Admirals = mid top tiers

Last edited by a moderator:
strong compared to being DF-less
but it was always portrayed as a weak fruit.

Opponents he went up against pre-skip:
  • Smoker
  • Crocodile
  • Enel
  • Lucci
  • Moria
I think Crocodile/Enel even outright said it. That Luffy was a mere paramecia and hence incomparable to the powerful logias
Weaker than logia for being hakiless for sure. But now post-timeskip logias are the worst.

Luffy's DF is better than Lucci's/Moria's DF's or any one of CP-9 etc. Only DF comparable to Luffy's early one is Buggy's since he is immunity to slices even with haki.

Not saying Luffy's DF is top one but is far away from being bad.

Weaker than logia for being hakiless for sure. But now post-timeskip logias are the worst.

Luffy's DF is better than Lucci's/Moria's DF's or any one of CP-9 etc. Only DF comparable to Luffy's early one is Buggy's since he is immunity to slices even with haki.

Not saying Luffy's DF is top one but is far away from being bad.
logias are canonically the strongest DFs

Oda just introduced a bunch of weak logias at the beginning of the post skip to show how they aren't overpowered anymore. Doesn't change the fact that the two EOS antagonists are still logias.

The rooftop battle went on for a considerable period of time. I don't think it makes sense for Zoro to just have AP capable of killing or even severely injuring kaido with an attack like Hiryu kaen.
The portrayal off Hiryu kaen says otherwise where he cuts the giant horn in half that's much bigger than dragon Kaido. Kaido would be severely injured if it landed on him Oda can't make it more clear unless you still choose to ignore reality.
Because if he did, then why did kaido and big mom look nearly fresh pre-1010? Yes, zoro was in a bad place when he used asura, but things like that actually make your attacks stronger(via haki bloom) in one piece.
Zoro only used hiryu kaen once we didn't see any other big moves from him as he was soon relegated to a more reserved role to protect Luffy. The only time Oda let him loose was after he blocked hakai and scarred Kaido. No matter how much your haki blooms with broken bones all over your body that will have negative impact on your performance

I’m not sure how else Oda is going to explain Luffy being able to defeat Kaido 1v1 or anyone stronger than Kaido. I think an ass-pull power up was inevitable. The best Oda can do is make that ass-pull have consequences on Luffy.