General & Others Shanks and Mihawk

Great false equivalence

Vivre Cards are overseen by Oda and the stuff in them are things he told his editors and wrote himself, furthermore, he's literally listed as the author of them

Compare that to a magazine which was written by some random person who is as credible as you or me and has no input from Oda whatsoever.
The Vivre Cards only have positive things to say about Mihawk. Which, by the way, are different from the Databooks (which also differ from one another).
Do you think Oda is going through each page of Databook Deep Blue making sure events (from the manga) are re-explained the way he wants it? Lol.

The Vivre Cards only have positive things to say about Mihawk. Which, by the way, are different from the Databooks (which also differ from one another).
Do you think Oda is going through each page of Databook Deep Blue making sure events (from the manga) are re-explained the way he wants it? Lol.
What's your point? I don't give a fuck what the VC's say about Mihawk

And I don't care about the old databooks either, I'm strictly talking about the VC's.

We know that Vista~Mihawk thanks to the databook

No non-canon source can change that.Odas own words

if mihawk is stronger, then shanks should be getting his hype from mihawk, not the other way around
Shanks, for about 430 chapters, got his hype from Mihawk. We knew Shanks was strong because he had duels with Mihawk (who we knew was strong).
It’s once we saw him clash against Whitebeard that we saw his strength on-panel.

If we’re talking about in-verse, who gets his fame from the other? It’s Shanks who gets his fame from Mihawk again.
Mihawk gets brought up by characters when interacting with Shanks. (Whitebeard mentions Mihawk, Ace in his novel mentions Mihawk). Even Shanks mentions Mihawk himself when talking about who gave him the eye scar. When talking about Mihawk, Shanks isn’t brought up as justification of his strength, we know he’s strong because he’s the world’s strongest.

It’s always
‘Shanks, the guy who used to fight with Mihawk, is an emperor’
Never
‘Mihawk, the guy who used to fight with Shanks, is the world’s strongest swordsman’.
Post automatically merged:

What's your point? I don't give a fuck what the VC's say about Mihawk

And I don't care about the old databooks either, I'm strictly talking about the VC's.
You are relying to a post lumping up Vivre Cards and databooks as one. I am explaining that they aren’t, and that even among databooks, there are pretty big differences.
Post automatically merged:

We know that Vista~Mihawk thanks to the databook

No non-canon source can change that.Odas own words
It’s like everything I just said went above your head lol

You are relying to a post lumping up Vivre Cards and databooks as one. I am explaining that they aren’t, and that even among databooks, there are pretty big differences.
No, I'm replying to a post trying to equate the Vivre Cards to a random magazine

Regardless, why quote me with your post when I never said they're the same?

It was literally stated that shanks and mihawk were equals, I don't get what's the fuss about, he obviously never went all out against Vista
Come on, surely you knew Mihawk being YC-level is a popular belief since MF happened? And there are people who actually believe Mihawk cannot be on the level of the Admirals or the Yonkos because that means EoS Zoro is closer to EoS Luffy than he is to EoS Cook.

I'm just saying that this is a relevant fuss, that's all.

No, I'm replying to a post trying to equate the Vivre Cards to a random magazine

Regardless, why quote me with your post when I never said they're the same?
The post isn’t bringing up just Vivre Cards, it says ‘vivre cards/databooks’. If they said just databooks (which is the controversial source in the arguments), then there is no false equivalence. The shit sources people use to discredit Mihawk/Shanks are equivalently as shit as the Magazines.

Hope this helps.

Come on, surely you knew Mihawk being YC-level is a popular belief since MF happened? And there are people who actually believe Mihawk cannot be on the level of the Admirals or the Yonkos because that means EoS Zoro is closer to EoS Luffy than he is to EoS Cook.

I'm just saying that this is a relevant fuss, that's all.
I always thought it was people trolling lol

Mihawk on his introduction stated that he never goes all out against weaker opponents, so it was pretty obvious that he never used his full strength against Vista