Questions & Mysteries Was kanjuro's escape underwhelming ?

Not really, Oda's simply doing what he always does, reverting characters back to their original state after their character arcs, (which is why WCI was so pointless for Sanji). Law was always a cold dude, not some goody two shoes. He had no issues with the kids being guinea pigs back at PH, as long as he got what he wanted from the situation, he'd continue to let them suffer.

Earlier this arc Hawkins even let his crewmates go because he saw Law (likely via his cards) was willing to kill them to get to Hawkins. People are just being reminded once again who Law is, and they don't like it because they were under the illusion that he was a strawhat or something.

Luffy is the real issue this chapter anyway, went G4 to take down a ship in a pissing contest with two other dudes who can do it by themselves, but not willing to exert some energy to even attempt to fly up there and take Momo back from being an unnecessary hostage.

Sanji has been a simp, so atleast he has that to fall back on, as cheap as that was (like Nami needs to be protected from that shitty attack, like there isn't any other SH who can do so) atleast there was an attempt, let's not forget Sanji can go invisible though, don't even get me started on Robin.

This whole situation could have been avoided if Oda just had let Kanjuro escape before the Strawhats could react, instead he let them see all that was going on, in time for some to attempt, and others to just sit there and do nothing or hold conversations with Momo. Horribly handled.
About Law wouldn't be more wise to avoid Momo being a possible issue in the future ( hostage) .
He's the guy who thinks ahead remember.

Unless he's currently out of the alliance his behavior in this chapter is way odd.

Frankly nobody will buy Law character being "reverted" after all what happened ,Oda did a baddie I think with his character.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
About Law wouldn't be more wise to avoid Momo being a possible issue in the future ( hostage) .
He's the guy who thinks ahead remember.

Unless he's currently out of the alliance his behavior in this chapter is way odd.

Frankly nobody will buy Law character being "reverted" after all what happened ,Oda did a baddie I think with his character.
Law is CIS personified in One Piece. The character and his abilities are much too complex for Oda to handle (not Oda's style), quite frankly he belongs in the HxH verse or something similar, where the author can set and explain his limits properly. He's smart only when it is convenient for Oda, his powers turn on and off at his whims.

Regarding him reverting, that's Oda's style. He aims for theatrics above all, soon as a character has had their dramatic time (Dressrosa in this case) it's back to square one with references thrown in once in a blue moon. Right now Oda is really trying to hammer home this Kidd, Law, Luffy dynamic, at all costs.

Complete trash. Why not simply let Kanjuro escape before SHs get aware of his betrayal and so this doesn't make em seem incompetent?

I mean, they are supposed to beat the Beast Pirates+BMPs+Orochi forces just in few chapters and will be full developed into a Yonkou crew by arc end bt can't save one fuckin ally from one Dude who's not even that strong?
Don't Oda realises this, before he chooses this shitty writing?

And what is even worse is the fact that isn't the first time, rather such bad writing has become much common post ts.

S

Shura

I am disappointed with the way Oda handled it like in previous posts said, he could have let Kanjuro escape before SH knew about the betrayal, however, I could let it off if in the future, if this leads to the character development for Momo....

In fact, I want no one should save Momo from this predicament. I want him to get of this predicament on his own.

Some indications are the dialogue between Momo and Luffy and Momo, though feared, he started talking the way general should talk (though a little bit) and calmed down Samurai.....

Imo it would be better if the Calamities came to protect Kanjuro as well making sure that their target, Momo, came along with them to Onigashima.

At least King, because he is the only one that can fly. Better if Queen coming along too, leading the naval fleet while King just yoloing from the sky.

That way Calamities whom so far also didn't get many focus, would shine more. Queen may lead the ships and shooting with his own made special bullets. And biting Sanji with his long neck when Sanji tried to Sky Walk to chase Kanjuro, then slammed Sanji to the sea.

Then Luffy instead of being the usual dumbass, will go G4 and chasing Kanjuro, only to be intercepted by King. King will no sell Luffy's attack and kicks him to the sea, then Zoro came to rescue the drowning boy.

Let's postpone Jinbe arrival until later in Fire Festival.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Law not doing anything actually makes perfect sense

And it would be actively out of character for Kid to give a fuck.

The problem was the Strawhats. Sanji was the one who decided to go after him, okay, that makes sense. He's much stronger than Robin and better in the air than her, and to be frank it's better that Sanji fails in base than Luffy fails in G4. And the result was always going to be failure. I don't think there should be any complaints about Sanji being the one Oda chooses to mount the rescue. Plus the intervention of anyone outside Luffy, Sanji or Robin leads to Momo plummeting to his death- what good is sniping the guy holding Momo out of the sky going to do?

But the cloud didn't seem all that threatening. And Sanji seemed pretty close to Kanjuro. Making his apparent decision to run back to cover Nami a very stupid one, not helped by the fact the panel of him covering Nami seems to be a gag one.

What Oda should have done imo was show that the clouds produced gales of wind that blew Sanji back, or covered a much bigger area. Give an actual reason for Sanji not being able to get after Momo other than apparently choosing to give up while he was almost there and run back to cover Nami.

Not a case of catastrophically bad writing, but very clumsy.

The problem was the Strawhats. Sanji was the one who decided to go after him, okay, that makes sense. He's much stronger than Robin and better in the air than her, and to be frank it's better that Sanji fails in base than Luffy fails in G4. And the result was always going to be failure. I don't think there should be any complaints about Sanji being the one Oda chooses to mount the rescue. Plus the intervention of anyone outside Luffy, Sanji or Robin leads to Momo plummeting to his death- what good is sniping the guy holding Momo out of the sky going to do?

But the cloud didn't seem all that threatening. And Sanji seemed pretty close to Kanjuro. Making his apparent decision to run back to cover Nami a very stupid one, not helped by the fact the panel of him covering Nami seems to be a gag one.

What Oda should have done imo was show that the clouds produced gales of wind that blew Sanji back, or covered a much bigger area. Give an actual reason for Sanji not being able to get after Momo other than apparently choosing to give up while he was almost there and run back to cover Nami.

I think the Sanj going back to protect Nami made the most sense in this retarted chapter

what didn't make sense was:

Robin using her powers yet we see nothing come out of it
Usopp snipping, yet again nothing from it
No one protecting Nami so Sanji had to go back (wtf was up with that?)
and of course, Luffy using G4 on fodder ship but won't use it to catch up with Kanjuro (and G4 is faster than Sanji)

Nami needing saving makes no sense considering the fact that her ability is to control weather. She managed to use Zeue to attack BM etc. Since she managed to hijack Bm's cloud, she could have easily hijacked kanjuro's cloud. Or she could have used the normal clouds inthe area

Another issue I'd that Sanji was closer to Kanjuro than he was to the Sunny whenhe decidedto go back and save Nami. He could have easily taken Momo instead of running back. Nami could have saved herself or the other sh could have saved her. Biggest priority was to save Momo