Break Week Missed Detail from Kidds “oneshot”

I don’t see how Shanks exploding the gun in Kidds face dehypes him. Literally the whole chapter is wanking Shanks off. That little detail doesn’t dehype him.
Shanks is clearly by far Oda's favourite character. Do you really think he was going to save any face for Kidd?

Oda went out of his way to hype Shanks at the expense of Kidd. He even had it stated that Kidd's attack was only going to kill fodder. Oda was not in the mood to give Kidd any kind of win that day.
To me, it just makes Kidd getting one shot more believable.
Oda clearly doesn't care what we find believable at this point.
Yes the Divine Departure is what mainly took Kidd out, but I’m not sure how it’s crazy to say that Kidds charged up gun blowing up in his face didn’t at least play a part in downing him. That’s Kidds ultimate attack not some casual little bomb
Mate, that was not his ultimate attack. That explosion was not equivalent in power to his ultimate attack. I don't know where you are getting this from.

A fully charged Damned Punk was shown to be ripping through multiple ships like glorified paper. That explosion didn't even have enough power to seriously damage, let alone destroy, the ship Kidd was on.

Feck, Kidd doesn't even have a singed hair on his head for such a supposedly mighty explosion.

Idk why no one is bringing this up. (Maybe someone already made a thread about this, if someone did lmk so I can delete). But people do realize that Kidd was not only hit by “Divine Departure” but he was also hit by his own Damned Punk (which is his ultimate attack) right?

It is clear from these panels that Kidd has loaded/charged up his beam in his railgun, but then is caught off guard by Shanks. He then not only takes the damage from Shanks attack but the brunt of the damage from his Damned Punk exploding in his face. (You can see an explosion happen on the 3rd panel I posted).

Looks like everyone was too busy shitting on Kidd to realize that he took not only a serious named attack from an angry Shank, but also his own ultimate attack at the same time.

Let’s please stop reading with agendas. Be better. Shanks did not really “one shot” Kidd :sweat:

@Pantheos @rerere @Paperchampion23 @Iaarm @Playa4321 @Fuckthis3 @Mugiwara56
@Fleet Leader Fenaker @Blother Fertitta @MarineHQ @Seth @Sir Yasheen @Monkey D Theories @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @TheAncientCenturion
Wasnt Shanks also in the blast zone though lol?

but then is caught off guard by Shanks.
Stop that off guard bullshit. Everytime someones favorite has an L people say "he was off guard".

If you want to say he was off guard than you have to say he doesn't have CoO.

Kid literally saw Shanks and called his name. He could have deactivated his weapon or charge quicker against him to clash with his attack.

Besides that, good catch. For sure this makes less worse for Kid. Now he wasn't one-shotted but two-shotted. I will not call him anymore Pre-Udon Luffy level. Now he is Post-Udon Base Luffy Level getting two-shotted by Apoo.

Oda's editors gave a checklist of every possible copium for Kid's defeat.
And Oda said, no, you will not use any of these.
He addressed Kid's past and future, leaving no excuse for his defeat.
Oda was 1 cm away from breaking the 3rd/4th wall before one-shotting Kid. :finally:
"So Oda sensei, what characters are we going to have on the ships that Kidd is only getting to destroy in Shanks's vision?"

"Fuckin nobodies. Lol."

Idk why no one is bringing this up. (Maybe someone already made a thread about this, if someone did lmk so I can delete). But people do realize that Kidd was not only hit by “Divine Departure” but he was also hit by his own Damned Punk (which is his ultimate attack) right?

It is clear from these panels that Kidd has loaded/charged up his beam in his railgun, but then is caught off guard by Shanks. He then not only takes the damage from Shanks attack but the brunt of the damage from his Damned Punk exploding in his face. (You can see an explosion happen on the 3rd panel I posted).

Looks like everyone was too busy shitting on Kidd to realize that he took not only a serious named attack from an angry Shank, but also his own ultimate attack at the same time.

Let’s please stop reading with agendas. Be better. Shanks did not really “one shot” Kidd :sweat:

@Pantheos @rerere @Paperchampion23 @Iaarm @Playa4321 @Fuckthis3 @Mugiwara56
@Fleet Leader Fenaker @Blother Fertitta @MarineHQ @Seth @Sir Yasheen @Monkey D Theories @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @TheAncientCenturion
Why was shanks not hurt then?
He was in swords range?!

:choppawhat: