Theory Spelling It Out - The Straw Hat Alphabet Pattern

I've never considered the possibility of Chopper learning Electro. I've proposed that Luffy could learn it in the past, so now that I think of it, there really isn't anything that would stop Chopper from doing so unless it really is specific to Minks.

I don't really agree that Monster Point and Sulong are equivalent, though I see the comparison of being animal super forms that are physically draining on their users. I think with the addition of flight and the smaller size allowing for maneuverability, Sulong is better for taking out distant enemies quickly. Monster Point, on the other hand, being particularly large and powerful makes it a good close quarters tank, allowing Chopper to take out approaching enemies while defending a point.
I read a theory back then about electro is related to fur that can produce static electricity. It was quite convincing, so I believe chopper could learn electro.

On the other hand, that's true in term of combat style it is different between sulong and monster point. But what I wanted to say is that having mink on the ship doesn't really give much variety in the crew, because basically both is an animal transformation that give a huge physical boost, and both have time limit as well. Also minks needs to wait for the moon to transform, but chopper can transform anytime with his rumble ball. And for long range combat, he can just do jump point and then turns to monster point when he already get closer to the enemy.

djiayebee

โ˜† ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ ๐”ป๐•’๐••๐••๐•ช โ˜†
โ€Ž
I remember seeing that old theory back then on OJ, I like it and applaud the creativity, but I've always doubted it considering the names are spelled in japanese in the first place... And just look at how some countries have translated the names (Usopp = Pipo in french or spelling Luffy with R in Italian), if there was some major reason to keep the original names' spelling, I am sure Oda would have said something about it...? So I highly doubt he's using a "alphabet pattern" for the strawhat members
Anyway, just for the fun of the discussion : while the current pattern works for current characters, the way of grouping the letter sounds a bit random. We could also group them differently:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M
Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N

There is a conflict with Usopp and Franky, which you could easily fix if you use Cuty Flam instead of Franky and Tony Tony Chopper instead of Chopper.... Now, that's very unlikely coz it doesn't make a lot of sense why would only those 2 use their family names, and not Luffy, Zoro, Robin... Anyhow, now you'd get the 6 following letters for the 3 new recruits :
AZ(Zoro), BY(Brook), CX(Cuty Flam), DW(?), EV(? or Vinsmoke Sanji), FU(Usopp), GT(Tony Tony Chopper), HS(Sanji or ?), IR(Robin), JQ(Jinbe), KP(?), LO(Luffy), MN(Nami)

It's true that Gyukimaru is lacking of contribution. Actually I prefer Pedro for OP, but then it's probably better for chopper to learn electro and develop his fighting skill than having a mink in the ship. His monster point can already represent mink's sulong form in my opinion.
Sorry for bursting in days later, but Chopper learning Electro isn't possible. It's an ability that's exclusive to the Mink Tribe that they possess since birth. Animals just can't simply learn "learn it."

Sorry for bursting in days later, but Chopper learning Electro isn't possible. It's an ability that's exclusive to the Mink Tribe that they possess since birth. Animals just can't simply learn "learn it."

Well nothing states that mink have it since the day they were born in those panels. Anyway it's just an opinion, you probably right. I'd be happy to give you the link to the theory I mentioned, but it was a long time ago, and it wasn't in this forum as well. So I'm sorry for that

Well nothing states that mink have it since the day they were born in those panels. Anyway it's just an opinion, you probably right. I'd be happy to give you the link to the theory I mentioned, but it was a long time ago, and it wasn't in this forum as well. So I'm sorry for that
Not explicitly, no. But they're natural born warriors since birth. So it really isn't said that you can learn it. And the ability not be able to produce it shows the difference between an animal and a Mink.

I'd like to see your theory though, if you have it.

F

Fallen Prince

Actually this alphabet thing is wrong in many ways.

Oda doesnt think alphabet pattern when he names his character because most names written in katana or hiragana.

Considering japanese grammer is a mess Viz editors made mistake with Luffys name as Luffy and zoro as 'zolo'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception_of_English_/r/_and_/l/_by_Japanese_speakers

https://blog.talk.edu/grammar/the-5-most-common-pronunciation-problems-for-japanese-esl-student

I dont think oda had english alphabet in his mind when he design his character sorry i dont buy this theory but well written i dont want wash away your hardwork.

I hope it does come true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iโ€™m a firm believer that Yamato will somehow change her name in the end, just like Franky did. Only Luffy & Franky who have met Yamato in person, and Franky doesnโ€™t even know that sheโ€™s Yamato, Franky only knows that sheโ€™s on their side and believe so. Her self proclaimed Oden is the clue, maybe she will change her name related to something with O/P pattern. Another note is that Straw Hat crew know that Yamato is โ€œsonโ€ of Kaido, and they will never suspect that Yamato is physically a girl. Relating to current manga release where Yamato stated she wants to set sail with Luffy & severe ties with Kaido, that starts with she changes her name which was given to Kaido, and embracing new identity. It would be interesting though if she changes her name into Hannya, where she used it before, and it also fits pattern of GH, also she doesnโ€™t have to be self-proclaimed Oden all the time.
Post automatically merged:

Actually this alphabet thing is wrong in many ways.

Oda doesnt think alphabet pattern when he names his character because most names written in katana or hiragana.

Considering japanese grammer is a mess Viz editors made mistake with Luffys name as Luffy and zoro as 'zolo'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception_of_English_/r/_and_/l/_by_Japanese_speakers

https://blog.talk.edu/grammar/the-5-most-common-pronunciation-problems-for-japanese-esl-student

I dont think oda had english alphabet in his mind when he design his character sorry i dont buy this theory but well written i dont want wash away your hardwork.

I hope it does come true.
I think Oda pretty much thinks about English alphabets. Like, why is the series is named ONE PIECE after all? In Japanese ONE PIECE is written as Wan Pi-su

Speaking about name, I think the girl nakama who will join has name that can be written in number

Why? Because nami and robin name can be written in number too

I found some silly trivia about it. "7326" is a fridge lock code that only sanji, nami, and robin who know it XD. I found it in sunny SBS

7326 come from
Na-Mi (7-3)
Ni-Ro (2-6) NI co RO bin

after new girl nakama join, they might change the code XD

Speaking about name, I think the girl nakama who will join has name that can be written in number

I found some silly trivia about it. "7326" is a fridge lock code that only sanji, nami, and robin who know it XD. I found it in sunny SBS

7326 come from
Na-Mi (7-3)
Ni-Ro (2-6) NI co RO bin

Damn nice catch!

7326 come from
Na-Mi (7-3)
Ni-Ro (2-6) NI co RO bin

Great catch! But what if the lock is 4 numbers passcode only? Maybe Sanji has another cooking related item which has passcode? Maybe freezer? As it can keep food fresher & can keep ice cream.

Last edited: