Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
The minks have the same bounty at the auction house as all the other abnormal species
#woof

The minks have the same bounty at the auction house as all the other abnormal species in that world except for the fishman and giants.
The fishman are higher than everyone other than the giants so this is already wrong.
Same institutional status means sames institutionnal racism. Because the minks are less researched doesn't means that they are "less hated". The institutional racism of the WG is the same for all races in the One Piece worlds, the fishmen just happen to be more valuable on the slave market.

Lets not try to compare who is more or less hated there.. I have enough of those toxic conversation in the real world.

Nobody other than the Celestial Dragons and Perospero has ever spewed anything derogatory about the minks in the story. You know the villains?
The systemic racism against non human races is implied by the story. Because it isn't shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Fishmen are THE representation, but what the fishmen are living other races are living it as well.

Completely comparable on the contrary.

So the guy that called the imaginary animal people, animals is racist but the imaginary dog person that calls humans lesser minks passes.

I feel dumber already
Yes, because in one case the term is used as a delegitimation tool, in the other its used as a description and nothing else.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with you, why are you treating the word animals like it's the n word.
Because the word "animal" can be used as a dehumanization tool. There are literally present gov and people that are using this word to justify genocide and war crime.

And in this thread, the word was not used as a description tool but as a delegitimization tool against Carrot (and in the past against Jinbe on other forums). People should know that using this rethoric to delegitimate characters is not normal.

You need to extrapulate yourself from this conversation, if there's another manga with a bunch of carrot, spinach and other vegetable people, do you loose your mind if people call them vegetables?
The story of One Piece is specifically created to deliver anti dehumanization messages. So I'm sorry if you feel that I bring this topic a bit too much, but that's precisely what One Piece is about. And when we talk about the potential of a character to join, its always nice to understand that dehumanizing said character is not really "cool".

Nothing, if i call Wanda a dirty dog, 50% of people won't care about it and the other half wlil get aroused.
You do what you want mate.

Like what :choppawhat:

------------------------------------------

Funny thing is..

This "excitment" you guys are generating (because I'm not the one doing it here, I'm literally making one post per hour) is really revelating of your mindset. I'm seeing the same pattern emerging when I'm talking about a slighly leftist subject in front of a bunch of far rightist in the political thread:

The MOMENT someone says something that question your belief system, its like the rise of the dalek.. You are all attacking as a single hivemind in order to justify your vision or laugh at the vision that is threatening your belief system..

So predictible... and I understand ! Not attacking me would be agreeing that you guys participated in a compagn of harrassment with a lot of sexist and racist bias.. But let's be honest one second, things would be so much easier for you if you started listening honestly to me for once instead of letting your bias speak..

But hey.. If you like freaking out so much...

:kayneshrug:

I'm sure everybody knows by know that C4N is a extremely disturbed individual.
Case and point...

Yes, because in one case the term is used as a delegitimation tool, in the other its used as a description and nothing else.
Yeah and when one guy called minks animals it's also a descrptive term you weirdo.

Because the word "animal" can be used as a dehumanization tool. There are literally present gov and people that are using this word to justify genocide and war crime.
Jesus Christ it's derogatory towards humans NOT TOWARDS JAPANESE CARTOON ANIMAL PEOPLE.

And in this thread, the word was not used as a description tool but as a delegitimization tool against Carrot (and in the past against Jinbe on other forums). People should know that using this rethoric to delegitimate characters is not normal.
So what? So did he say Carrot can't join cuse she's just an animal or something? Then you just bring up Chopper, what is this coping.

The story of One Piece is specifically created to deliver anti dehumanization messages. So I'm sorry if you feel that I bring this topic a bit too much, but that's precisely what One Piece is about. And when we talk about the potential of a character to join, its always nice to understand that dehumanizing said character is not really "cool".
C4N please tell me if it's wrong in some random manga about Carrots, spinaches, egg plant people to call them vegetables, just as much as you have so much issues with calling the Minks animals.

You are terminally online dude, humans don't have words for dog and cat people because they don't exist, it's a generic description to call them animals.

Yeah and when one guy called minks animals it's also a descrptive term you weirdo.
No

1. Like I said, Minks are NOT animals but only have animals attributes
2. This term was used as a tool of delegitimization to attack Carrot and was therefore completely dehumanizing

No matter how you look at it. Its not cool.

Jesus Christ it's derogatory towards humans NOT TOWARDS JAPANESE CARTOON ANIMAL PEOPLE.
So what? So did he say Carrot can't join cuse she's just an animal or something? Then you just bring up Chopper, what is this coping.
I don't know why I would use dehumanization to counter dehumanization. This was a tools used hundreds of times on this forum and on internet to attack Carrot.

Dehumanization is still dehumanization, I don't care if you are attacking human or fictionnal characters. This rethoric is not cool no matter the context.

C4N please tell me if it's wrong in some random manga about Carrots, spinaches, egg plant people to call them vegetables, just as much as you have so much issues with calling the Minks animals.
If you cared to listen to what I say instead of trying to justify the usage of toxic rethoric, you would understand that words have power.

And words are not the same in different context. A animal might be just a description of a living being, but in the context of an attack, the term "animal" is used as a dehumanization tool. Its therefore the tool of an oppressive ideology.

And again, fallacious comparison. Minks are not animals, they just have animals attributes.

When we talk about a race that is being humanized heavily by the story, using dehumanization rethoric to attack them is not cool. At worse you can laugh about their animals attribute that are played for laugh. But as soon as you use that to attack them, you crross the line of racism and dehumanization.

You are terminally online dude
Me taking this subject so seriously is just a reflection of you guys not thinking about it at all. If people were respectfull at the time, I wouldn't need to bring all that stuff.

But since I'm being attacked and blamed for the toxicity of the members of this thread and the harrassment of Carrot fans, I need to remind people where the responsibility lies.

No

2. This term was used as a tool of delegitimization to attack Carrot and was therefore completely dehumanizing

No matter how you look at it. Its not cool.

I don't know why I would use dehumanization to counter dehumanization. This was a tools used hundreds of times on this forum and on internet to attack Carrot.

Dehumanization is still dehumanization, I don't care if you are attacking human or fictionnal characters. This rethoric is not cool no matter the context.
You can't dehumanize something that's literally not an human, but ok. So what are Minks then if they're not animals?

Last edited:
So what are Minks then if they're not animals?
They are MINKS

Why do you have such a hard time accepting this ?

They are a humanoid race with animal attribute.

That's all..

:kayneshrug:

And again, humanity is not only a word used to describe our specie, its also used to describe basic good, moral and strong social behaviors.

So yes, when a race is depicted to have strong human behaviors, reducing them to their animal nature is dehumanizing.

So when you attack Carrot by saying "she has no personnality, she is just a dumb rabbit who is only worthy to eat grass".. well.. that's precisely what dehumanization is. And I saw this type of "argumentation" everywhere in the last few years.

They are MINKS

Why do you have such a hard time accepting this ?

They are a humanoid race with animal attribute.

That's all..
Why do you have such a hard time acepting they are animals? The monkey mink is literally not a "humanoid race with animal atribute", he is quite literally a monkey.

You just deny everything it's amazing

In fact fuck that, Bepo literally is just a polar bear, he has 0 humanoid features. Only some Minks are anthropomorphized, other just look like animals

Same institutional status means sames institutionnal racism. Because the minks are less researched doesn't means that they are "less hated". The institutional racism of the WG is the same for all races in the One Piece worlds, the fishmen just happen to be more valuable on the slave market.
So the only people who've displayed any sort of hate/predjudicism for the mink people are once again, the villains of the story.
The bad guys
The characters who the reader is supposed to be disgusted towards.

Where in the story did regular citizens or hell even the not good pirates display any racism towards the animal people? ffs Law has one on his crew

This whole plot line you've crafted just straight up didn't happen :doffytroll:

No

So they are animals?
Carrot acts like a rabbit (because she is one)
Wanda acts like a dog (because she is one)

It's literally not derogatory to just call them animal people because that's literally what they are.

And here's the fun part, nobody is gonna get offended by me or anyone doing that. Why? Because it's a story.
Lets not try to compare who is more or less hated there.. I have enough of those toxic conversation in the real world.
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CHARACTERS ON A PIECE OF PAPER, WHAT TOXICITY?! :risitavirus:
And in this thread, the word was not used as a description tool but as a delegitimization tool against Carrot
Carrot caught heat for a lot of different reasons lmao, if anything her race was extremely minor in the cease pool of problems people had with her.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Why do you have such a hard time acepting they are animals? The monkey mink is literally not a "humanoid race with animal atribute", he is quite literally a monkey.

You just deny everything it's amazing
Well logiko is right for once...

Minks are humanoid race with animals attributes.

Manga says they refer to humans as lesser minks because they believe humans are ordinary monkey minks with fewer hairs and thus assume both races are the same.

So, we have to go with this explanation

Logiko your description of Minks as "humanoid with animal atributes" might actually be offensives towards Minks since it has the underlining assumption that Humans are the default and animals are inferior in some way.
Maybe they would prefer to think of themslves as "animals with some humanoid atributes".

Maybe with this leftist racial type of logic you'll understand
Post automatically merged:

Manga says they refer to humans as lesser minks because they believe humans are ordinary monkey minks with fewer hairs and thus assume both races are the same.

It's potato, potato. Zebras are black with white stripes or white with black stripes (i know one of them is correct that's not the point).

You can call them animals with people characeteristics or humanoids with animal characteristics, some are human like, others are just animals basically, it doesn't matter it's a cartoon with cartoon logic

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑

I dunno about that, they're more like partially anthropomorphised animals, most of them mostly look like animals that happen to be standing upright and given human emotions/mannerisms. There's a lot of credence to what Warback is saying in this case imo