Chapter Discussion Zoro Vs Lucci is the WORST Fight In One Piece.

Is this the worst fight in One Piece?

• Total voters
IS THAT IT?????

I’m sorry but this is without a doubt the most disappointing fight in One Piece. Anti Climatic isn’t even the word THIS IS JUST BAD…..

But if you still don’t understand here I’ll go into depth about it.

Let’s put things into perspective here,

Zoro Vs Mr.1 Ch. 190-195 6 Chapters.

Zoro Vs Kaku Ch. 401-417 17 Chapters

Zoro Vs Pica Ch. 749-778 30 Chapters

Zoro Vs King Ch. 1022-1036 15 chapters

And now we have
Zoro Vs Lucci Ch. 1091-1110

20 chapters………………………..

20 F*CKING CHAPTERS!!!!

For this conclusion…………… Not even a full double page spread of them fighting. This fight was a complete waste of Time. Doesn’t matter how much stronger Zoro then the opponent, Jimbei Vs Who’s Who and Luffy Vs Blueno are proof Low diff fights can have good choreography.
Beyond nasty work by Oda to not atleast give the fight a dedicated chapter……..

This is catastrophic

You know hurts the most about this?? ITS FREAKING ROB LUCCI arguably the Choreography King amongst Villains in the series.

Let me show you what Choreography with Rob Lucci is capable of looking like

BIG missed opportunity here for this fight.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Couldn't agree more, I was actually hyped for this fight irregardless of the gap between them, thanks to how aesthetically pleasing Lucci is in combat.

And while that panel of Zoro dodging is cold, Oda could have dedicated half a chapter to some choreography like this.

I think the main issue comes from your own and other people's own headcanons and biases rather than anything else.
Lucci vs Zoro was never gonna be a fight but y'all spent months trying to make it one.

I do think that Oda could have done way more with Lucci in the arc and he could have used something more interesting to stall Zoro but it was clear from the get go that Lucci - Zoro wasn't a fight but a Zoro stall

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
It's a huge missed opportunity to show some cool choreography.

But i guess, Oda just decided 'Zoro too stronk' for Lucci.
Oda's way too lazy, well out of his prime at this point it's obvious. Like OP said, Luffy bodied Blueno but that was a masterpiece.

I remember he admitted to this in an interview a few years back broken down by Sandman I believe:

"ONE PIECE has more characters than before. He has to cram much information into one chapter to move forward with the story. Oda says he would be able to draw really impressive fight scenes only if he could keep drawing the fight scene for 2 chapters in a row. He feels ONE PIECE can now spend only 1 chapter at most on a fight scene."

Issue is he'd rather draw a whole bunch of nothing instead.