How do you deal with an alcoholic father that is destroying your family

C

Cruxroux

What the title says, Id appreciate some advice. I am at my limit mentally and physically. Not sure I can take much more of the abuse anymore.

I spend my days worried about my dad and my family and how things will go after he comes home 24/7.
Exhange his Alcohol bottles with Laxatives.
:pepecafe:
Too busy to bother anyone again.

Jokes aside , like have you tried talking to him? Or some elder family tried?

There are 3 paths you can take

1. Be direct tell him how it is and how you feel, fight him if you have to

2. Seek help be it a counselor or police or another authority figure an aunt or uncle if you have one, people who can either get him into rehab or get you and the rest of your family safely away from him

3. Pack some bags and move away, just leave don't say good bye don't give him a chance to try and guilt trip you or your family into staying

2. Seek help be it a counselor or police or another authority figure an aunt or uncle if you have one, people who can either get him into rehab or get you and the rest of your family safely away from him

3. Pack some bags and move away, just leave don't say good bye don't give him a chance to try and guilt trip you or your family into staying
It's a really bad choice to fight your own father.
Whether or not you win, it's just a really bad decision. Nobody should have to throw down with their dad.

What the title says, Id appreciate some advice. I am at my limit mentally and physically. Not sure I can take much more of the abuse anymore.

I spend my days worried about my dad and my family and how things will go after he comes home 24/7.
Is the abuse primarily mental or does he also strike you and your family?. Do you feel there is a threat on your lives, like could he take it that far or are you confident he wouldn't?. Does he have any prior arrests or run ins with the law; any rehab facilities or interventions he's been apart of?. Also how long has this been going on?.

Seek counselor's help and go as per his/her suggestions
I tried to go to a psychiatrist once but it didnt pan out, they told me that we should all leave and leave him alone.
Talk to him, give him an ultimatum, file a restraining order for your family v him

If its too serious where he beats you all, call the police, as a man/father/husband there is no excuse for mental/physical inhibition

There is too much at stake and this is very serious
Talking does nothing, hes too stubborn. He sometimes recognizes he has a problem but then its right back down to it. He spent the last month or so not drinking for example and now hes back to it again.
Exhange his Alcohol bottles with Laxatives.
:pepecafe:
Too busy to bother anyone again.

Jokes aside , like have you tried talking to him? Or some elder family tried?
Everyone tried to talk to him but he doesnt care, its killing me to see him destroy his body and our lives like this.

3 is the hardest to do because I dont want to abandon him.
Sorry to hear that, its a terrible situation to be in. I would probably move away.
Yeah I know its the best option but its hard to do because Im afraid of what might happen to him if hes left alone.
Is the abuse primarily mental or does he also strike you and your family?. Do you feel there is a threat on your lives, like could he take it that far or are you confident he wouldn't?. Does he have any prior arrests or run ins with the law; any rehab facilities or interventions he's been apart of?. Also how long has this been going on?.
Its mostly mental, he causes huge scenes at home with my mom and sis and just made the environement here a living hell.

And no hes hasnt done anything bad, hes a gentle soul but he becomes someone else when he's drunk and its killing me slowly to see him like this.

I have lost the taste for living because of this stuff.

Sorry to hear friend

Best thing is to speak to family counsellor and have session if your dad needs rehabilitation from alcohol .

If things goes worse I would recommend you and your mum live separately and definately put stay order so that he doesn’t come near you for period of time until he resolve his issue .

Let me know how you are doing because stuff is serious .
Post automatically merged:

It's not easy to change an addict, and there isn't much outsiders could do about it practically speaking—they need to realize things and change on their own, so an immediate solution to not worsen your mental health would be to stay away. Take your mom with you if possible, and try helping him however you can while staying away.
To be fair you can’t do much who are addicted to Alcohol they need to enter rehab this is mildly prevalent in western society .

Fuck alcohol I would say it destroys family .

3 is the hardest to do because I dont want to abandon him.
Well he's choosing to be that way. So if you guys abandoned him, its because of his own actions.

I agree with Roger. Move away. You can check up on him periodically.

Maybe your absence will make him understand what he is destroying by continuing on his addiction.

But get professional help first. Just because one therapist didn't pan out doesn't mean you should stop trying all together.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I tried to go to a psychiatrist once but it didnt pan out, they told me that we should all leave and leave him alone.

Tbh, no one here is expert on such topics.

So, you should do what counsellor has said.

And, if you want different opinion then go for another counsellor. There are many online and offline to give you guidance

You need help to make a decision. And, only experts can help you because this is a problem related to addiction, abuse and mental health.