Current Events Zoro Will not be "Defeated" in the Onigashima Raid

Should Zoro be defeated in the Onigashima Raid?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on how you view a “loss”.

To me since his promise the only official loss is against Enel.
I always took the promise, since it was made right after he lost a duel against another swordsman, as a promise to not lose against another swordsman ever again.

I think his defeats against Enel, Aokiji, etc, were a 'loophole' of the sort since those weren't duels against swordsmen.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don't interpret Zoro's promise to be entirely literal. I've always seen it as his own personal affirmation to never feel like he's lost. By that I mean, he'd never let his spirit be broken after defeat, to never feel like his efforts were in vain just because of a set back. Of course, he goes into every battle not expecting to lose, but if he does, he'll just work 10x harder than he did before. And he does so not just for himself, but Luffy as well. He is metaphorically Luffy's sword. And as his sword, he should be ready to strike down anyone who gets in his captain's way.

What I have contention with is when someone suggest losing would be good for his character. What they are bringing forth is just a retread of the Mihawk fight. All losing to someone now would do is confirm who is better than Zoro, nothing more.

Last edited:
I think the raid needs to fail. One of my biggest problem with One Piece right now is the stakes. Luffy and the crew need to start taking things more seriously
But how are they gonna survive if they fail? This is what would make zero sense. Sure, Oda could just not give a F and come up with some BS like - let the BP's try to break their spirits again or something...but that would be trash writing.

I think the raid needs to fail. One of my biggest problem with One Piece right now is the stakes. Luffy and the crew need to start taking things more seriously
The raid failing isn't the same as literally every strawhat losing a 1v1 fight

The raud can just as easily fail just from Luffy getting completely taken out of commission while kaido and momma are standing.

If everybody is knocked out, that means everybody dies. People have to remain standing for the fallen people to get carried out of the battlefield to fight another day

If Zoro beats King and Sanji loses to Queen Then ZvS will be over forever.

Heck if Zoro beats King and Luffy and friends lose to Kaido badly then honestly I’ll be on the Zoro => Luffy bandwagon.

It would be boring if Zoro doesn't lose at least one more time before he gets WSS title. Losing is part of character growth and he still has a lot more progress to make. Luffy and Sanji are taking L's left and right, i don't see why Zoro wouldn't too. He doesn't need to be completely defeated, just cleanly overpowered.

Best Zoro is Zoro on the brink of death

Yes . Correct! grandmaster zoro will not defeated during the raid because we see him lost his direction again . He then meet hiyori and sleep with her.

:goyea:

And yet it will happen. Zoro will beat king and slice kaido even harder than oden did.

And then I wonder if you'll drop the series
I have already lost interest in the series long time ago (WCI feels long time ago haha) ... still reading it just as passing time... and I am not saying Zoro will or will not defeat Kaido, am saying how badly Oda portrayed Zoro and if he intends for zoro to defeat Kaido after that then that seems stupid
What has one to do with the other?
Zorshiper :shocking: can't even see the connection haha :saden: