Current Events “The Admirals are Celestial Dragon Dogs!”-Say Fans of Garp and Roger

He believes in absolute justice, which doesn't work if a single person is secretly controlling everything.

In Egghead, there are constantly made small distinctions between WG and Navy, much more than before, which suggests that they might split. Akainu has little interactions post timeskip and yet

1) He argued with Gorosei, being visibly angry at them.

2) He ignored Celestial Dragons shouting at him and was completely focused on Kuma and his own thoughts.

3) He called CP0 brats and complained about their communication with Navy HQ.

Apparently the smartass you’re quoting has literally dedicated his life to hating Marine fans for some reason lol
No one is downplaying Garp in a powerlevel sense, only relatively to the Admirals (including Sengoku)
You know how it is with the “childish“ fandom

Kuzan literally fights like Garp, so downplaying Garp automatically downplays Kuzan, no one is that dumb even if they wanted to act like ome

About the thread, the GV incident is hella sus
How are you protecting all these guys on a manhunt when you’re supposed to be the dude who refused an Admiral rank to avoid dealing with Mariejois. That raises a shit ton of questions and makes Garp look like a pretty shitty written character lol
Oda has some explaining to do, better be good

Anyway, its funny seeing the double standards of the Admiral hating group come into play. As sweaty as it can get 😂
- I know bruhz, I've had my admiral vs yonko discussion with him already on his profile and in some other posts.
- Yea that's just disgusting to me, especially when it comes from "marine fans". I don't understand the obsessions people in our fandom have with the admirals > rest of the marines. It's like every damn thing has to center around them, lowkey... I ain't gone lie to you my boy... that shit be irkin me sometimes. But I be like.. iight I ain't tryna shit talk no admiral.
:josad:

- True true

- He doesn't, Garp can't Ice people like Kuzan did to Garp as the 1st attack of the fight, and that requires solid Haki to get out of in the first place. Only person who imo fights like Garp is Luffy and now Koby. The former being a DF- Garp and the latter being a carbon copy. Kuzan's fighting style is just so much different than Garp. The closest person after Luffy/Koby would be Smoker, but that could lowkey be a reach too due to how much he incorporates the Jitte into his fighting style. After that would be Saka, rather I think Saka might be even more so than Smoker since no weapon is involved in his style of fighting and essentially Magma version of Garp's, but still not the same due to shit like awakening and etc. Leaving side the iceman is a cripple now. The idea of a crippled ex-marine top tier potentially the weakest, mid-diffing/low-diffing/high-diffing arguably the strongest marine to exist, who only recently started declining... yea is just not sitting right with me.

So yea the idea Garp has any reflection on Kuzan's powerlevel, I wholeheartedly disagree. Just like the notion Kuzan's powerlevel has any reflection on Saka's. Or Saka's is any reflection on Fuji's or GB's is any reflection on Fuji's.

But let's leave this alone since I don't want the entire fandom against me again like the previous Kuzan-Garp discussion. :catcry:
----------------------------------------------------------

I just don't see what exactly did this chapter do that was new?

-> He clearly states he has no interest in protecting the CD
-> He clearly states he warned them about not trying to mess with Rocks and that'd backfire
-> He got excited about being able to potentially fight Roger

He doesn't fuck with the CD, but still does shit that helps them? check
He's refusing higher ups when he feels like it? check
He's chasing after Roger regardless of the scenario? check

We saw him do the same shit against Roger during the Shiki incident. Shiki-Roger was going to clash which Kong wanted Sengoku to deal with, but this mf wanted to go himself due to Roger. The guy simply likes fighting against Roger, that's it.

We already know he's not some super good guy, he's not in the RA.
We already know the CD had slave auctions near Sabody, Garp knew about em... the Marines knew about em... did absolutely jackshit.
You think he doesn't know the CD tried getting Shirahoshi? Hasn't done jackshit about it.

I don't understand where this image of Garp being the good guy marine is coming from. His entire character is based on a typical military man who's dealing with issues that a military man of a corrupted government would deal with. Do I go against the government and abandon these people that I've fought alongside? Do I continue to do as much good as I can in the current system and just accepting things to be the way they are? I fail to see how this is bad writing... bro is making a top tier written conflicted character with beliefs that are hypocritical... aka he's making somebody who perfectly reflects our real people.

How many people do you know that preach morality and shit then go on about their daily lives, knowing very well there are millions of people starving, getting fucked over by criminals, getting done wrong by oppressive governments? I'd reckon majority of the people. And I ain't gone act like I'm any better, I'm here talking about morality, but I'm not out there trying to end conflicts and wars and trying to protect people.

How many soldiers do you think from Russia are evil or bad (or Ukraine if you think they were the ones in the wrong)? Probably not many, If so, why aren't they going against their governments (whichever you think is in the wrong)?

How many people do you think in the US military agreed with slavery back in the days? And how many of them do you think stood against it? Not even in the US, but in general civilizations that invaded and things like slavery.

These aren't copies of Garp's situation, but simply examples to illustrate my bigger point. Garp is representation of a military guy who had good individual moral values however, selectively applies them to how he sees fit. He's not Fujitora, and even when it comes to Fujitora. We know Fujitora helped free the slaves with the RA, but he was also drinking coffee up there with GB while knowing the slaves all around him that were getting tortured in CD homes for entertainment. Didn't do shit about it until the RA commanders came. Which leads to shit like @Seth calling Fujitora a hypocrite.

I don't see how it destroys his character or makes him look like shit, since it just showed things we already knew and saw before. Maybe it's just me, but that's exactly why I like Garp's character. Especially when you add in the family drama and conflicts related to the family as a military man.

---------------

As for this whole issue with the "Dog" part.

The Admirals are CD dogs, and Garp is no exception either neither is Smoker, Hina, Koby, etc. It's just Fujitora, Garp, Smoker are the wilder dogs, they're still dogs of the CD tho. Like Zoro is Luffy's dog. Kuzan is Blackbeard's dog etc etc.

And I'm aware the yonko fandom slanders the admirals with that, and I've spoken against that plenty of times as you know already. However, slandering our own because of the idiocy of a foreign fandom, is just weird to me.

Last edited:
Why has Mihawk not joined the RA?
Why has Borsalino not joined the RA?
Why has SMoker not joined the RA?
Why has Koby not joined the RA?
Why didn't Jinbei join the RA?
Why didn't Newgate and WBPs join the RA?
Why hasn't Shanks teamed up with the RA?

Certainly none of these "good guy" characters agree with the CD right? Yet none of them have yet to take stand against them and simply do "good things" to the best of their capabilities.

Garp has lived the Marine life since he was a youngin, he's an idol to many marine youngins and people throughout the world. He's bled alongside Sengoku/Tsuru. His son then forms the RA. He's meant to leave his current organization where he himself is doing plenty good, to become his son's underling and become WG's enemy #1? It'd be counter-productive to say the least. When all he has to do is keep being a Marine until his son sets up what he wants and can show the world there is a chance to go against the CD.
Lmao what? Mihawk, Whitebeard, and Shanks are all characters with personal motivations unrelated to the concept of "Justice", I have 0 clue why you name dropped them.

Koby joined SWORD to disobey orders and Smoker believes in change from within, neither of which know about God Valley or extinction tournaments. Jinbei cares about fishman equality, regardless of whom he has to barter with.

Garp though? Fully believes in justice, freedom and helping the people. So much so that he protects mass murdering rapists while his Son seeks true justice and his grandsons (whom he loves and believes are good at heart) all oppose the organization he is training and working for. He should be working with the RA in some capacity unless he chooses to ignore God Valley every time he clocks into work.

Lmao what? Mihawk, Whitebeard, and Shanks are all characters with personal motivations unrelated to the concept of "Justice", I have 0 clue why you name dropped them.

Koby joined SWORD to disobey orders and Smoker believes in change from within, neither of which know about God Valley or extinction tournaments. Jinbei cares about fishman equality, regardless of whom he has to barter with.

Garp though? Fully believes in justice, freedom and helping the people. So much so that he protects mass murdering rapists while his Son seeks true justice and his grandsons (whom he loves and believes are good at heart) all oppose the organization he is training and working for. He should be working with the RA in some capacity unless he chooses to ignore God Valley every time he clocks into work.
- Luffy has 0 form of "justice" still is going to take a stand against the CD or rather already is. Kuma same shit, Sabo same shit, etc etc. Justice isn't required to stand against tyranny. Tiger had no form of justice. And you didn't mention "justice" being the reason why Garp should've left the WG. Shanks entire flee is made up of weak people who he simply helped out and saved, he also has that town with elderly people he's protecting. Yet bro does meetings with the CD. Justice =\= Morality.

- Koby joined the swords to disobey orders? That's not the purpose for SWORD. It's a secret division in the Marines that allows the Marines to hve people to act outside of government jurisdiction and then in the event anything goes wrong and the world government gets mad, Akainu can simply say they aren't part of the marines. They still have to obey admirals, vice admirals, fleet admiral, and they still have to obey the CD.

- Smoker has never shown any care for internal change.

- Yes and he still became a CD dog as well, even though fish men were still being enslaved and sold in auction houses... Which Jinbei should know about. He then allied with BM who burns down entire islands over candy. Instead of joining the RA, people freeing slaves and fighting against CD.

- Yes and all of them are things that nearly majority of the marines believe in, except for the few corrupt ones. Sengoku, Tsuru, Hina, etc etc. All of them are still Marines. And every single one of them protects and fights for the mass murdering rapists. Luffy doesn't oppose them yet, but fights them because they end up coming in his way, he's not his father yet.

Yes Dragon doing that is what makes his character special from Garp, Sengoku, Roger, Newgate, etc etc.. those you can dub as "good guys" but simply on opposing sides.

We don't know whether he is or isn't working with the RA, all we know is, Dragon despite being the biggest criminal still keeps in touch with Garp. More than likely the two even met back in East Blue, when Dragon was there and when Garp went to arrest Morgan. And is likely when Dragon told him about meeting Luffy. Even with Luffy he flat out just let him go.

At God Valley, Garp is a 40 year old man with a 17 year old son. Having grown up wild just like Luffy, he simply thinks the shit the CD do is a small sacrifice in the larger scheme of the world that he helps protect. That's about it. His ideals and stance on the world government as a 78 year old man is unknown. For all we know, he's simply waiting on his son to make his move.

He believes in absolute justice, which doesn't work if a single person is secretly controlling everything.

In Egghead, there are constantly made small distinctions between WG and Navy, much more than before, which suggests that they might split. Akainu has little interactions post timeskip and yet

1) He argued with Gorosei, being visibly angry at them.

2) He ignored Celestial Dragons shouting at him and was completely focused on Kuma and his own thoughts.

3) He called CP0 brats and complained about their communication with Navy HQ.
LMAO.

Another marine fan desperately hoping Akainu will rebel against the WG.

Here's a hint. Akainu sent an entire army after vegapunk because he was researching the secrets the gorosei didn't want the world to know about.

He's not rebelling. Akainu is a government dog to the bone.

- Luffy has 0 form of "justice" still is going to take a stand against the CD or rather already is. Kuma same shit, Sabo same shit, etc etc. Justice isn't required to stand against tyranny. Tiger had no form of justice. And you didn't mention "justice" being the reason why Garp should've left the WG. Shanks entire flee is made up of weak people who he simply helped out and saved, he also has that town with elderly people he's protecting. Yet bro does meetings with the CD. Justice =\= Morality.

- Koby joined the swords to disobey orders? That's not the purpose for SWORD. It's a secret division in the Marines that allows the Marines to hve people to act outside of government jurisdiction and then in the event anything goes wrong and the world government gets mad, Akainu can simply say they aren't part of the marines. They still have to obey admirals, vice admirals, fleet admiral, and they still have to obey the CD.

- Smoker has never shown any care for internal change.

- Yes and he still became a CD dog as well, even though fish men were still being enslaved and sold in auction houses... Which Jinbei should know about. He then allied with BM who burns down entire islands over candy. Instead of joining the RA, people freeing slaves and fighting against CD.

- Yes and all of them are things that nearly majority of the marines believe in, except for the few corrupt ones. Sengoku, Tsuru, Hina, etc etc. All of them are still Marines. And every single one of them protects and fights for the mass murdering rapists. Luffy doesn't oppose them yet, but fights them because they end up coming in his way, he's not his father yet.

Yes Dragon doing that is what makes his character special from Garp, Sengoku, Roger, Newgate, etc etc.. those you can dub as "good guys" but simply on opposing sides.

We don't know whether he is or isn't working with the RA, all we know is, Dragon despite being the biggest criminal still keeps in touch with Garp. More than likely the two even met back in East Blue, when Dragon was there and when Garp went to arrest Morgan. And is likely when Dragon told him about meeting Luffy. Even with Luffy he flat out just let him go.

At God Valley, Garp is a 40 year old man with a 17 year old son. Having grown up wild just like Luffy, he simply thinks the shit the CD do is a small sacrifice in the larger scheme of the world that he helps protect. That's about it. His ideals and stance on the world government as a 78 year old man is unknown. For all we know, he's simply waiting on his son to make his move.
Koby likely has never seen the atrocites that the Celestials have committed and also joined Sword as an escape button if need be, likely at Garp's request.

Koby likely has never seen the atrocites that the Celestials have committed and also joined Sword as an escape button if need be, likely at Garp's request.
- Right a marine officer that's part of a specialized Intel unit. Has no idea about the CD atrocities.

- Except the SWORD isn't an escape button for them. It's a "Not my issue" button for Sakazuki and any Fleet admiral.

LMAO.

Another marine fan desperately hoping Akainu will rebel against the WG.

Here's a hint. Akainu sent an entire army after vegapunk because he was researching the secrets the gorosei didn't want the world to know about.

He's not rebelling. Akainu is a government dog to the bone.
Yes and he still spanks the Yonko.

- Right a marine officer that's part of a specialized Intel unit. Has no idea about the CD atrocities.

- Except the SWORD isn't an escape button for them. It's a "Not my issue" button for Sakazuki and any Fleet admiral.

Oh man. We literally see an admiral floored by one punch by Luffy with acoc.

That means a secondary attack from Luffy is comparable, if not greater than the quake Whitebeard hit Akainu with.

Imagine if Luffy actually hit Akainu with Bajrang gun.

Legitimate one shot.

Koby is very ignorant about the CD it seems, and its likely Garp focused on physical training rather than book smarts, the other scenario is that Koby rebels with Sword after a certain event and the marines that believe in his motto of honest justice follow him along with the people he has rescued would want to follow him. Sword is still a resignation while it exists for marines that get caught it its still a resignation at anytime meaning Koby can quit whenever or ally with whoever like Luffy.

Oh man. We literally see an admiral floored by one punch by Luffy with acoc.

That means a secondary attack from Luffy is comparable, if not greater than the quake Whitebeard hit Akainu with.

Imagine if Luffy actually hit Akainu with Bajrang gun.

Legitimate one shot.
Congrats Luffy after all that time managed to land a single hit on an admiral who ain't even try his hardest against Luffy. Crazy work.

Yes imagine being such a slow that gets hit by a giant slow ass attack... Instead of you know... Getting out of the way.

Yonko fan club leaching off of the temporary Yonko is crazy work. Needing part timers to help is insane maaaan.

Congrats Luffy after all that time managed to land a single hit on an admiral who ain't even try his hardest against Luffy. Crazy work.

Yes imagine being such a slow that gets hit by a giant slow ass attack... Instead of you know... Getting out of the way.

Yonko fan club leaching off of the temporary Yonko is crazy work. Needing part timers to help is insane maaaan.
There's the desperation again.

Kizaru isn't even the main villain of the arc. Luffy will get up and fight Saturn. Kizaru has lost all narrative importance here.

Anybody who understands how narration works will understand this.

Luffy will take on Kizaru...and someone stronger than him within the same arc lmao.

Koby is very ignorant about the CD it seems, and its likely Garp focused on physical training rather than book smarts, the other scenario is that Koby rebels with Sword after a certain event and the marines that believe in his motto of honest justice follow him along with the people he has rescued would want to follow him. Sword is still a resignation while it exists for marines that get caught it its still a resignation at anytime meaning Koby can quit whenever or ally with whoever like Luffy.
Yes NGL to you bro, I think you're more so into how you want Koby to be, rather than how he already is.

Koby is a marine HQ captain, in a unit that works with Intel and political affairs. It is virtually impossible for him to not know about the CD, when he knew about Dragon and what he does. There are slaves in the thousands in Mariejois still being tortured put to work. Literally a bigger atrocities are happening at Mariejois than anywhere else. The slave auction houses etc etc.

There is no way Koby is such a low IQ marine.

And anybody can quit the Marines when they want and become a criminal. Don't need to be in the SWORD for that. SWORD function is a failsafe for the fleet admiral to avoid taking responsibility in case the WG comes to him complaining about something he ordered the SWORD to do.
Post automatically merged:

There's the desperation again.

Kizaru isn't even the main villain of the arc. Luffy will get up and fight Saturn. Kizaru has lost all narrative importance here.

Anybody who understands how narration works will understand this.

Luffy will take on Kizaru...and someone stronger than him within the same arc lmao.
- But isn't that you? Even going far enough to have a character you hate as your profile pic. Hmmmmmmmmmm

- Yes because the Gorosei stand above any admiral, Yonko, PK, WSS, WSM, it's only logical they be the big villain of an arc they are in.

- Yet you don't understand narration. Hmmmmmm

- No he'll just get saved by Kuma and run away.

Yes NGL to you bro, I think you're more so into how you want Koby to be, rather than how he already is.

Koby is a marine HQ captain, in a unit that works with Intel and political affairs. It is virtually impossible for him to not know about the CD, when he knew about Dragon and what he does. There are slaves in the thousands in Mariejois still being tortured put to work. Literally a bigger atrocities are happening at Mariejois than anywhere else. The slave auction houses etc etc.

And anybody can quit the Marines when they want and become a criminal. Don't need to be in the SWORD for that. SWORD function is a failsafe for the fleet admiral to avoid taking responsibility in case the WG comes to him complaining about something he ordered the SWORD to do.
Id argue that Sword is more about being truly good marines though and that those good marines would never fully ally under Celestials. Garp would have valued physical training above all and could have easily hid away at least some parts of the truth about Celestials from Koby so he wouldn't turn into another Aokiji, that or he keeps sending Koby on missions back to back that keep his mind and body busy.
There is some evidence that Sword is going to end up revolting due to Celestials and the WG at large, depending how the BB and Garp situation goes we will see.

Post automatically merged:

- But isn't that you? Even going far enough to have a character you hate as your profile pic. Hmmmmmmmmmm

- Yes because the Gorosei stand above any admiral, Yonko, PK, WSS, WSM, it's only logical they be the big villain of an arc they are in.

- Yet you don't understand narration. Hmmmmmm

- No he'll just get saved by Kuma and run away.
This is precisely what I mean when I say admiral fans are desperate lol.

First off. If the gorosei are that powerful. That just means Luffy and Co are just going to powercreep the admirals and old gen lmao.

After all. That's 6 people above Roger/Garp/WB in the gorosei and Imu? So...Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and a few allies will end up defeating them and surpassing Roger/admirals/etc each.

So Akainu might not even be top 15 eos lmao since that's 12 people who will be above Akainu EoS. Better hope Shanks, Blackbeard, Mihawk, Dragon, etc aren't stronger than him.

Regardless. Saturn is getting wrecked this arc. By Luffy. He's way too involved in the flashback. And he's way too important for Bonney and Kuma's character arc to lose 300 chapters from now. No. Oda is making Kuma as sympathetic as possible so beating down Saturn looks more rewarding.

This is precisely what I mean when I say admiral fans are desperate lol.

First off. If the gorosei are that powerful. That just means Luffy and Co are just going to powercreep the admirals and old gen lmao.

After all. That's 6 people gorosei and Imu that are stronger than Roger? So...Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and a few allies will end up defeating them and surpassing Roger/admirals/etc each.

So Akainu might not even be top 15 eos lmao.

Regardless. Saturn is getting wrecked this arc. By Luffy. He's way too involved in the flashback. And he's way too important for Bonney and Kuma's character arc to lose 300 chapters from now. No. Oda is making Kuma as sympathetic as possible so beating down Saturn looks more rewarding.
- Yes, and what is the issue with that? Happens in every manga

- yes he won't be top 15 EoS, as he'd be dead like the Gorosei.

- Let's bet an IP ban on this. If Luffy beats Saturn I get IP banned forever. If Kuma sacrifices to help the SHs run away, you go bye bye.

@TheAncientCenturion @Natalija @RayanOO

- Yes, and what is the issue with that? Happens in every manga

- yes he won't be top 15 EoS, as he'd be dead like the Gorosei.

- Let's bet an IP ban on this. If Luffy beats Saturn I get IP banned forever. If Kuma sacrifices to help the SHs run away, you go bye bye.

@TheAncientCenturion @Natalija @RayanOO
So you can admit Sanji will be stronger than Akainu. What's the issue with arguing the yonko are?
Jesus dude. I'm not taking some dumb bet lol.

So you can admit Sanji will be stronger than Akainu. What's the issue with arguing the yonko are?
Jesus dude. I'm not taking some dumb bet lol.
- Who said Sanji would be one of the people that fights the Gorosei?
- I have Sanji peaking above Prime Rayleigh, so it's a possibility he becomes stronger than Saka.
- Because I have Sanji peaking above the current Yonko except Teach...

Uh huh