Character Discussion “Zoro trained for everything and will become WSS through his own strength” is completely false

Does Zoro being born with CoC ruin the notion of him becoming WSS solely through his hard work?

• Total voters
Took them long enough to create the "b-but zoro" thread
I'm sure there's a few. This whole Vinsmoke thing was probably designed to breed these insecurities.

As part of the character I like it and dislike it in parts. Sanji is a cook, not a fighter: guess which skill we actually see him train. EZ mode defense has been coming since the very beginning, with his defeat at the hands of Gin due to internal injuries. Crushed by depths vs Kuroobi, cracking ribs and barely beating Bentham, being threatened by Cricket with a gun, and of course VERGO as a prime example among other difficult victories and losses. EZ mode, or EX Sanji what with his exoskeleton, is the ultimate answer for a guy who is always getting physically crushed and goes on about not wanting to fight with his hands but secretly couldn't even when he tried, and doesn't use blades or hit half of the population because of his hang ups. He doesn't fight to conquer and this passive, reluctant power up is perfectly fine.

But on the other hand I'm tired of him bitching about being a Vinsmoke and can only hope he accepts it now. It sucks for his character because he shouldn't have really had to, but that's the consequence of an unambitious lifestyle.

well duh, luffy is the captain. Captain is the highest position in a crew. Sacrifices show your loyalty. Here is another example

Sanji sacrificing himself for his superior :cheers:
Sanji as the true vice-captain of the crew takes care of his men, while Zoro's only priority is to suck Luffy's sword, what a submassive man.
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

sanji dies in one hiryuu kaen
If Zoro takes him, even slow dragon Kaido could dodge It.

CoC doesn't grant any real advantage on a 1v1 battle, however, ACoC does. The problem is that Zoro will still train to master said CoC to use it properly when it's required. He won't be like Luffy who looks at Kaido's Ragnarok and starts punching everything without touching them. There is alr a big emphasis in the fact that Zoro wasn't aware of this power so he basically needs to discover it and train it which doesn't dismiss the fact that he gotta train.
CoC cannot be trained… said by Rayleigh himself.. it just grows as you grow in power.

Many people forgetting that Zoro already reached his limits against Kaku. Without CoC (Asura) he would have lost the fight and broke his promise to Mihawk.
A perfect proof that he can't go beyond a specific level without his natural born CoC.

Same goes for Sanji, who would have lost to Jabra without his fire modification.

M3 are natural borned talents, which Oda tries to express here.
Luffy: The whole sun god Nika and Gumo no fruit references.
Zoro: The background about Ryuma and Shimotsuki.
Sanji: Being born as a prince with dna modifications.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Sanji as the true vice-captain of the crew takes care of his men, while Zoro's only priority is to suck Luffy's sword, what a submassive man.
:cheers:

If Zoro takes him, even slow dragon Kaido could dodge It.
he can't even dodge queen,zoro will be fine

B

Ballel

Zoro has CoC, which according to Garp you have to be born with.

Now if Adv CoC becomes a major power up for Zoro and it contributes to him being WSS, the notion that he trained hard for everything goes out the window because he was literally born with CoC in the first place lol.

It also means becoming WSS would be significantly harder for a person who wasn’t born with CoC lol
When will people like you understand that Haki is not an actual '''ability''' in that sense but literally the person's own spirit???
I'm so tired of these shit interpretatons!

Last edited by a moderator:
CoC cannot be trained… said by Rayleigh himself.. it just grows as you grow in power.
I am speaking about mastering it, just like Luffy who mastered CoC till the point where he knows who he wants to knock, it wouldn't surprise me if x character is able to master ACoC too.

CoC cannot be trained!
Train to master it and train to unlock it are 2 different things.

That's some bullshit. Luffy did actually train for Adv CoA coating and all he had to do was reapply the same mechanism to get Adv CoC coating after getting hit by it, which isn't hard when you're a fighting genius like Luffy or Zoro - aka classic shounen protagonists
Oh yeah he trained so much to get it, it didn't take 1 Ragnarok and 1 flashback to master it.

I am speaking about mastering it, just like Luffy who mastered CoC till the point where he knows who he wants to knock, it wouldn't surprise me if x character is able to master ACoC too.

Train to master it and train to unlock it are 2 different things.

Oh yeah he trained so much to get it, it didn't take 1 Ragnarok and 1 flashback to master it.
The issue is Luffy already knows how to imbue his attacks with CoC ever since Chinjao
It’s only because he’s amplifying Ryuu now (which is not making him touch the opponent)
That people are complaining

he never even got AcoC this arc… he’s just combining what he knows with Ryuu

The issue is Luffy already knows how to imbue his attacks with CoC ever since Chinjao
It’s only because he’s amplifying Ryuu now (which is not making him touch the opponent)
That people are complaining

he never even got AcoC this arc… he’s just combining what he knows with Ryuu
Luffy using CoC in his attacks against Chinjao? What in the actual fuck?