πŸ‘– Satoru vs Ryomen Sukuna

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this change something ? Kenjaku thinks Sukuna is strongest sorcerer all time 😈

Well this was Kenjaku from 400 years ago. Which is 400 years before Satoru Gojo was even born.

Still, 400 years ago there should have been a Six Eyes + Limitless User, right? The one that fought against the Zenin guy and both died?

Whether he/she is stronger than Satoru, who knows. I would go with Satoru just because of relevance. It wouldn't make sense for him not to be the strongest Gojo till now.

I don't take any side, but I want to say that you shouldn't take Gojo's statement as 100% accurate. Gojo is very very cocky and he might wank himself. This reminds me of Kizaru saying that he will take both Big Mom and Kaido ngl.

Once again, I'm not taking any side but you should take his "statement" with a pinch of salt.

This alone should end the debate as of now.

"What surpasses the HORIZONS of sorcerors, cursed sprits, and strong fighters is overwhelming aggression that DISREGARDS ALL else... like a calamity."

Especially in context that the person being addressed, has the potential to be on or above Gojo's level.

Gojo USED to be like a calamity, specifically in the Toji fight, when he was so in tune with his sense of self, like Sukuna and Mahito, which is expressed with him not even caring that Riko or Geto was dead, he was just overcome with the absurdity of his own power, but as of now he currently isn't that way anymore. Maybe when he comes out of the box and finds out Nanami died, Nobara (possibly) died, Yaga died, etc. he will revert, but as of now he is essentially gatekept.

Add on top of that, that Kenjaku has now verbatim stated he is the strongest sorcerer he has ever known, albeit from 400 years ago, though this includes the Six Eyes and Limitless user running around.

Allow me to direct you to this excerpt from the fanbook.

"during the Heian period when jujutsu sorcery was at its PEAK"

"the birth of Gojo Satoru, the current head of the clan and the strongest jujutsu sorcerer in modern times"

I think the word choice here is very distinct and intentional. Given that the Heian era is the peak of jujutsu, and the true difference of that being exemplified that people from only 400 years ago, not even 1000, are pressing the current top tiers of the modern day to their absolute limits, got essentially soloed by Sukuna. Coupled with the fact that this excerpt specifies Gojo as the strongest in the modern era, after talking about the Golden age being the PEAK, I think there is an implication there.

Not only was Sukuna grossly strong back then, but as we learned in chapter 2, the fingers grow stronger EVERYDAY.
So given that its been 1000 years, when Sukuna comes back, he'll be even stronger than he was back then.

Now add on that based on feats and statements he has the
-Best Domain Expansion, being described as Godlike
-Best Reverse Cursed Technique, being able to revive himself and Yuji even from the DEAD
-Presumably the deepest knowledge and understanding of jujutsu and cursed energy
-A busted cursed technique
-Defeated a being that killed a six eyes + limitless user in the past, with relative ease at not even close to full power

And the narrative fact that when Gojo comes out of the box, if he is stronger than Sukuna, there are practically 0 stakes and genuine tension is almost nigh impossible to create given Sukuna's character.

Another noteworthy thing is that Kenjaku (probably the smartest character in the verse) had Sukuna as a contingency plan to deal with Gojo, if prison realm didnt work (and we all saw how effective THAT was). And his ONLY reservation was simply due to him not being sure if he'd work with them. Never a concern for if he was strong enough.

One last little tidbit is the knowledge gap. Gojo knows almost nothing about Sukuna, while Sukuna has seen purple, his domain, pretty much everything Gojo has to offer, and is disintersted, he only thing he seems to be invested in to any degree is Megumi's potential.

I'm sure there's some other arguments I've come up with that I'm forgetting, but this is sufficient for now.

@LANJI CUCKSMOKE Here you go the official Sukuna Manifesto

I don't take any side, but I want to say that you shouldn't take Gojo's statement as 100% accurate. Gojo is very very cocky and he might wank himself. This reminds me of Kizaru saying that he will take both Big Mom and Kaido ngl.

Once again, I'm not taking any side but you should take his "statement" with a pinch of salt.
The statement is useless since Sukuna in the same or a close chapter says Gojo will be the first person he kills once he takes control of Yuji's body lol. They're both just talking shit.
Post automatically merged:

For now gojo but I won't be surprised if sukuna is shown to be stronger by the end

Both are goats
You should read the post I made a few minutes ago if you haven't already.

:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Well this was Kenjaku from 400 years ago. Which is 400 years before Satoru Gojo was even born.

Still, 400 years ago there should have been a Six Eyes + Limitless User, right? The one that fought against the Zenin guy and both died?

Whether he/she is stronger than Satoru, who knows. I would go with Satoru just because of relevance. It wouldn't make sense for him not to be the strongest Gojo till now.
Yeah, this is obviously pre Gojo, but yes, it is confirmed the last limitless + six eyes user before Gojo was around 400 years ago, so this statement is still very good.

The statement is useless since Sukuna in the same or a close chapter says Gojo will be the first person he kills once he takes control of Yuji's body lol. They're both just talking shit.
Fr, I could also say that I'd fold Prime Tyson in boxing match, does that mean that I can do it? Probably not lol

This alone should end the debate as of now.

"What surpasses the HORIZONS of sorcerors, cursed sprits, and strong fighters is overwhelming aggression that DISREGARDS ALL else... like a calamity."

Especially in context that the person being addressed, has the potential to be on or above Gojo's level.

Gojo USED to be like a calamity, specifically in the Toji fight, when he was so in tune with his sense of self, like Sukuna and Mahito, which is expressed with him not even caring that Riko or Geto was dead, he was just overcome with the absurdity of his own power, but as of now he currently isn't that way anymore. Maybe when he comes out of the box and finds out Nanami died, Nobara (possibly) died, Yaga died, etc. he will revert, but as of now he is essentially gatekept.

Add on top of that, that Kenjaku has now verbatim stated he is the strongest sorcerer he has ever known, albeit from 400 years ago, though this includes the Six Eyes and Limitless user running around.

Allow me to direct you to this excerpt from the fanbook.

"during the Heian period when jujutsu sorcery was at its PEAK"

"the birth of Gojo Satoru, the current head of the clan and the strongest jujutsu sorcerer in modern times"

I think the word choice here is very distinct and intentional. Given that the Heian era is the peak of jujutsu, and the true difference of that being exemplified that people from only 400 years ago, not even 1000, are pressing the current top tiers of the modern day to their absolute limits, got essentially soloed by Sukuna. Coupled with the fact that this excerpt specifies Gojo as the strongest in the modern era, after talking about the Golden age being the PEAK, I think there is an implication there.

Not only was Sukuna grossly strong back then, but as we learned in chapter 2, the fingers grow stronger EVERYDAY.
So given that its been 1000 years, when Sukuna comes back, he'll be even stronger than he was back then.

Now add on that based on feats and statements he has the
-Best Domain Expansion, being described as Godlike
-Best Reverse Cursed Technique, being able to revive himself and Yuji even from the DEAD
-Presumably the deepest knowledge and understanding of jujutsu and cursed energy
-A busted cursed technique
-Defeated a being that killed a six eyes + limitless user in the past, with relative ease at not even close to full power

And the narrative fact that when Gojo comes out of the box, if he is stronger than Sukuna, there are practically 0 stakes and genuine tension is almost nigh impossible to create given Sukuna's character.

Another noteworthy thing is that Kenjaku (probably the smartest character in the verse) had Sukuna as a contingency plan to deal with Gojo, if prison realm didnt work (and we all saw how effective THAT was). And his ONLY reservation was simply due to him not being sure if he'd work with them. Never a concern for if he was strong enough.

One last little tidbit is the knowledge gap. Gojo knows almost nothing about Sukuna, while Sukuna has seen purple, his domain, pretty much everything Gojo has to offer, and is disintersted, he only thing he seems to be invested in to any degree is Megumi's potential.

I'm sure there's some other arguments I've come up with that I'm forgetting, but this is sufficient for now.

@LANJI CUCKSMOKE Here you go the official Sukuna Manifesto
couldn't have put forward a better argument
kenjaku's claim above all else is the most damning imo
particularly since there was a similar gojo clan head with six eyes and the limitless technique in that time period but he still maintains sukuna is the strongest.

If gojo was truly strong enough to deal with the overarching threat sukuna possesses in the story , then logically once all the fingers are recovered , he should be immediately neutralized. However, its looking more likely that he is a threat for the younger main characters to deal with (megumi / yuji etc ), people who are hinted to be able to surpass/ rival gojo at some point.

couldn't have put forward a better argument
particularly since there was a similar gojo clan head with six eyes and the limitless technique in that time period but he still maintains sukuna is the strongest.

If gojo was truly strong enough to deal with the overarching threat sukuna possesses in the story , then logically once all the fingers are recovered, he should be immediately neutralized. However, its looking more likely that he is a threat for the younger main characters to deal with (megumi / yuji etc ), people who are hinted to be able to surpass/ rival gojo at some point.
From a narrative stand point, making Gojo stronger than Sukuna basically removes any kind of tension in the story or stuff like that you feel me? It's like having an anime where a secondary character is strong enough to take down the main antagonist. Like, what's the point y'know. Why should we worry about it?

Edit: Rather than a secondary character, is like having someone from the main cast that isn't the mc.

Last edited:
Sukuna hands down they can't destroy his remains they had to seal him away in the best age of JJ

Sukuna is just the cheating code who defies all logic

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
This ain't really a great argument. Choso and Noritoshi Kamo both use Blood Manipulation. Are they equal?

It's not like Gojo and the unnamed Limitless Six Eyes user were one & the same, Gojo not only unlocked/mastered RCT that he can run at all times unconsciously, he has a perfected Domain with a built in hax (the information overload thing) which almost instantly guarantees him a win against anyone who doesn't have a superior domain.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Wouldn't Sukuna have a superior domain?
He probably does given he can expand it on thin air without a barrier & is the only one to do so.
Which is why this matchup is still even debatable.

Also, Gojo hasnt used a single cursed technique or ability inside his domain till date - all of his fights ended the moment he dragged the opponent into his domain with the information overdose hax. I'm not saying that Gojo's domain is stronger but the point is unless Malevolent Shrine can completely overpower Infinite Void and not get into a tussle like Dagon's & Megumi's DEs, Sukuna still has to have an answer to the Information overload hax (which is often neglected).

He probably does given he can expand it on thin air without a barrier & is the only one to do so.
Which is why this matchup is still even debatable.

Also, Gojo hasnt used a single cursed technique or ability inside his domain till date - all of his fights ended the moment he dragged the opponent into his domain with the information overdose hax. I'm not saying that Gojo's domain is stronger but the point is unless Malevolent Shrine can completely overpower Infinite Void and not get into a tussle like Dagon's & Megumi's DEs, Sukuna still has to have an answer to the Information overload hax (which is often neglected).
I mean, the creator literally described Sukuna's Domain as a Masterpiece, a truly divine technique.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
I mean, the creator literally described Sukuna's Domain as a Masterpiece, a truly divine technique.
If Megumi's Incomplete Domain can get into a tussle with Dagon's Domain when Dagon was >>>>> Megumi, then Gojo's domain can easily get into a tussle with Sukuna's.
Whatever difference that exists between Malevolent Shrine & Infinite Void is miniscule compared to the difference between Megumi's and Dagon's.

If Megumi's Incomplete Domain can get into a tussle with Dagon's Domain when Dagon was >>>>> Megumi, then Gojo's domain can easily get into a tussle with Sukuna's.
Whatever difference that exists between Malevolent Shrine & Infinite Void is miniscule compared to the difference between Megumi's and Dagon's.
There's a difference tho, Megumi has so much potential that even Sukuna is interested in him. And Dragon's domain wasn't that big of a deal compared to a Domain that was called "masterpiece" and "a truly divine technique".

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
From a narrative stand point, making Gojo stronger than Sukuna basically removes any kind of tension in the story or stuff like that you feel me? It's like having an anime where a secondary character is strong enough to take down the main antagonist. Like, what's the point y'know. Why should we worry about it?

Edit: Rather than a secondary character, is like having someone from the main cast that isn't the mc.
I'm team Sukuna => Gojo

But Sukuna is likely not the last enemy. Kenjaku may be the last.

So narrative wise : JJK can do both ways without removing tension : either Gojo => Sukuna or Sukuna => Gojo.

Maybe in the end Sukuna and Yuji will have to join hands or at least collaborate to beat down Kenjaku. Who knows ? But for now the narrative is not 100% clear that Sukuna is above Gojo. Kenjaku being the last boss means it doesn’t remove tension if Gojo ends up being stronger.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
There's a difference tho, Megumi has so much potential that even Sukuna is interested in him. And Dragon's domain wasn't that big of a deal compared to a Domain that was called "masterpiece" and "a truly divine technique".
The thing is Megumi's Domain was still incomplete, it didn't even have a guaranteed hit. There isn't even a contest between who's domain is better when comparing Dagon's and Megumi's, and yet he wasn't overpowered instantly.
Meanwhile, even if Sukuna has the best domain, a masterpiece, a truly divine technique.... Gojo still has what's probably the second best domain in the series and the only domain to fuck you up upon merely entering it without even Gojo attacking.

The thing is Megumi's Domain was still incomplete, it didn't even have a guaranteed hit. There isn't even a contest between who's domain is better when comparing Dagon's and Megumi's, and yet he wasn't overpowered instantly.
Meanwhile, even if Sukuna has the best domain, a masterpiece, a truly divine technique.... Gojo still has what's probably the second best domain in the series and the only domain to fuck you up upon merely entering it without even Gojo attacking.
Both are busted as fuck, but I have to go with the domain from the character that had almost 1 thousand years to develop it. The only one that was literally called a masterpiece and a truly divine technique. (I'm repeating a lot those quotes but the portrayal given is just superior)

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Both are busted as fuck, but I have to go with the domain from the character that had almost 1 thousand years to develop it. The only one that was literally called a masterpiece and a truly divine technique. (I'm repeating a lot those quotes but the portrayal given is just superior)
See I never really disagreed that Malevolent Shrine is better, I only said that Infinite Void won't be overpowered instantly and it'll be a battle like Megumi's & Dagon's domains.
But that's pretty much enough for the Information Overload hax of Infinite Void to take over, unless Sukuna has a counter to it.